Your strengths and weaknesses

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
jdefoe
Forum groupie

Your strengths and weaknesses

Post by jdefoe » 06 Mar 2005, 15:36

Hey guys, just wondering what your strengths and weaknesses are. My main strength is probably my close control that i've developed, i've been told I can "dribble in a phone booth". I combine this with my god given pace, which sets me apart from the rest- to make it a strength.

My main weakness is probably my decision making. I will often go alone up the pitch, not waiting for other players to join the attack, thinking I can beat players 1v1 everytime I go up the field. I also try to scan the field more, making better decisions. I play alot of indoor soccer to help improve this.

What about you guys?

sOcCeRKiD11

Post by sOcCeRKiD11 » 07 Mar 2005, 03:06

im strengths are probably im shots..and speed and terrifect dribbling skills..

im weakness are decision making..like u..traping the ball..and heading cuz im short..i also must work on increasing my confident..and a lil on volleying..

btw..how did u develop ur close control..and also wut does pace mean..and how do u develop good pace..?

madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc » 07 Mar 2005, 10:24

well, one of my strengths is my shot. last year at a tournament that my club hosts there was a radar gun where you could test your speed of your shot and i shot 50mph! it was like a contest so i won for my age group for girls. i also shot the same speed as a guy my age whos really good, so that was really cool. yay!
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 07 Mar 2005, 12:58

my stregnth would have to be........... shooting and dribling well. i can soot from far away, and i have pretty good control of the ball do manuver some tricks to go around them.
My weaknees would have to be......... i usually get in trouble when i have the ball becuase no one will call out my name and i don't know who to pass it to-but that only happens when i am scrimiging my own team-not in a real game. oh, and i won;t get aggresive enough until i am really mad or we're down by a point. any tips for this????????

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 07 Mar 2005, 13:59

sOcCeRKiD11 wrote:im strengths are probably im shots..and speed and terrifect dribbling skills..

im weakness are decision making..like u..traping the ball..and heading cuz im short..i also must work on increasing my confident..and a lil on volleying..

btw..how did u develop ur close control..and also wut does pace mean..and how do u develop good pace..?
pace is another word for speed, which is a god given talent, that can be improved a bit more by doing plyometrics, and running up hills.

I developed my close control by dribbling around a lot of cones that are close together at a good pace.

Lopez

Post by Lopez » 07 Mar 2005, 15:56

my strenghs are my speed, my ballcontrol and my dribbling. my shooting is "okay" , but i suck in heading. it's hard enough for me cause im such a small guy, but instead heading the ball in the goal i'll always head it i don't know how high over it. i've also got the problem that i haven't got a good teamsense, i mostly dribble myself through instead of passing, it has become better but i still have to improve it.
"There're always people who tell you that you won't make it. That's really hard. But something in me said that i'm gonna make it. It was a dream i had to fulfill." - Kaká

madridfc
Veteran Member

Post by madridfc » 07 Mar 2005, 19:41

soccerchic,
this is gonna sound really stupid, but sometimes for my high school team i wouldn't feel motivated or aggressive and what i found work kinda work would be to run into the first person i could or bump shoulders or something, just to make myself more comfortable with pushing people around or getting physical or whatever. another thing you might try would be to ask to play on the fan side of the field... :wink: ... it really gets me pumped and ready to go
hope this helps
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

Post by soccerchic_06 » 09 Mar 2005, 21:32

thank you madrific, i'll try that!

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 10 Mar 2005, 02:17

i wouldn't say i'm a great player, but i'm pretty well rounded. the only thing i'm really bad at is heading and knowing where to go off the ball. i think my best strengths are dribbling and passing. i'm not a great shooter, but i'm alright. oh and by the way, if you know any ways to help my heading, please tell me. i'm playing high school next year, and heading is really important for that level.

edma
Sophomore Member

Post by edma » 10 Mar 2005, 03:09

howdy..my strength is speed on tackle on ball.i'm a good defender. i like to steel opponent ball and make them frustrated because cannot beat me. my weaknesess is i'm short..only about 1.62 m..but its normal for asian people like me.so i really had a hard time when challenging high ball.also my shooting is still on development..maybe i'm not talented be forward..
i want to improve my football skill from dribling to shooting.plz help me...

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 10 Mar 2005, 14:34

Strengths: Used to win aerial battles but never before scored a goal via header. Not afraid to put my body in front of a shot. Was popular for using the 'toe-poke' tackle against most forwards. Plays simple football, catenaccio style. Right place at the right time, cleared ball off the line many times!

Weaknesses: Mmm..... only my speed. But as I put it, positioning made my life easier. :wink:

harryth
New User

Re: Your strengths and weaknesses

Post by harryth » 06 Dec 2016, 12:27

Strengths:
I''m very passionate about the sport so my motivation levels are high. Speed and tackling are large strengths along with running with the ball at speed along the flanks. A strength that i am very proud of is my long pass accuracy.

Weaknesses:
Although i'm capable, i lack confidence. I haven't got enough stamina to play at a high intensity for the full 90 minutes