How serious do you take football?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Toe Bounce wrote:I'm not skilled enough to go proffesional, but I still work hard and practice daily and whatnot--I stopped and asked myself why the other day, and it's just because I bloody love the sport.
Same exact answer as me and i like your attitude to, atleast you can admit it. To go professional you have to be a phenom and already have people talking about you. of course, i am only 14, thinks can change so fast at the age of 16. like some stories i heard from some pros gave me a bit of hope. someone came down to our soccer team and gave us a speech and told us, he just started to get really good at 16 and he worked hard you know the whole thing. but i think a reachable goal for me would be semi-pro. then you know if i do good in that see what goes on from there. I play for fun the most though
Last edited by *yung-ital* on 12 Dec 2005, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.

waynroony

man like all of u have already said i love soccer PERIOD. i think that if u really love something that much and u realy dedicate urself 2 it then u will achieve ur goal. i mean u think ranoldo said well i know someones better than me so im goanna quit cuz i will never be as good....... NO, he said forget all of u put-downers im gonna go pro and u can cry about how many millions of ppl are better than u but well i guess i make one more.
Is there a reason ur reading my post and not playing soccer???

jcdenton
Veteran Member

when i heard that one guy that used to play with me, played one season for some london team in conference, called bishop-something and he got payed for that, i found out that one day i can make it pro in even better league, because that guy really sucks, his legs are like golf clubs, he can't even control the ball normally...
i see football as a great fun, but it is just a game...
i believe that i can become pro, and many other people i know tell me so...
they say that i just need to take football more seriously...
ok, i've stopped using alcohol for start... i've started practicing at night, alone on a football field... and i have friends from few bigger belgrade clubs that call me to come to play there... one friend calls me to come and play in 5th league for pro team... their team will play 4th league next season, and i can be like God there... but it's too far... 20km from me...

Magicfeet

So, you'll be "God" (the best player by far), in a professional league? Even though you haven't played there before?

Confidence is a very good thing, and it's vital if your going to make it... but arrogance is not a good trait.

But quitting the alchomohol was a good idea. I don't think I could survive without my binge drinking. That's why I'll never, ever, ever have a chance of going pro. 8)

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

I take my football seriously but i also take my schooling seriously. My goal is to become pro but i try hard at school aswell so that if i never go pro....ill have my brains as a backup.

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

oranje74

i still have belief
its not like im pinning my hopes on football
but i love it and my goal is to win the world cup, the european cup, the EPL, everything
but first is soccer camp next summer, making the team (JV or V or nothing depending on how hard i work) then just keep working until im the best in the league.
shoot for the stars and if you miss you still have the moon
charles altchek, harvard striker, on of the leading scorers in american college soccer went to my school and dominated there
he trained with boro this summer
he also trained w perugia a yr or 2 ago
his sister tells me he will go abroad somewhere or other after his senior year
so if i improve my game drastically, and work my ass off, im sure i can be as good if not better than him , and move on to college socccer, then to europe or MLS or whatever and pursue my goals.
i believe i can
i really really do
I can do it

peps1154
Veteran Member

Magicfeet wrote:But quitting the alchomohol was a good idea. I don't think I could survive without my binge drinking. That's why I'll never, ever, ever have a chance of going pro. 8)
I guess u were happy when they extended the alchocol sales hours in the English pubs. :-)

matt
EF Forum Legend

"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that"

nah i take it seriously to a certain extent, cos i want to do the best i can in everything that i do. when playing, i always try as hard as i can, always going for the win. but you have to be so amazingly good to make it pro, and you have to be so dedicated as well - from like 12 years old you dedicate your life to a game. i like playing in competitive atmospheres but also if its friendly, i always prefer playing with friends rather than strangers. football is great to watch and play, its by far the best entertainment around.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

matt wrote:"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that"

nah i take it seriously to a certain extent, cos i want to do the best i can in everything that i do. when playing, i always try as hard as i can, always going for the win. but you have to be so amazingly good to make it pro, and you have to be so dedicated as well - from like 12 years old you dedicate your life to a game. i like playing in competitive atmospheres but also if its friendly, i always prefer playing with friends rather than strangers. football is great to watch and play, its by far the best entertainment around.
that is so true. you have to be incredible and make even your enemies admit you are the best, and one of the best you've ever seen.

RG900
Veteran Member

well after high school am planning to go to europe and go to college and sum how try out with sum teams they dont have to one of the best jut an ok team i can start with then go on from there
RAMI 07

upandcoming

I want to be a pro and I really believe it's a reachable goal and must have faith I am only 15 and yes you have to be really good to be a pro but if you think about it there is still time. In football things can change so quickly in a year you can be a no body then next year you are a super star that everyone is talking about last year I went from playing on a second division club in Canada to playing on one of the best teams in the country and making the provincial team things change quick and this sport and if I keep training and working hard who knows I might be on the national team in a year or to. My goal is to be a pro footballer and it is way to early to be quiting now especailly after all the work I have put into the sport

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i'm not the best on my team by any means, but i care about the game as much as anyone. but how serious do i take football? it's absolutely my life. i know i'm not likely to go pro, but it would be awesome if i could. there are a lot of things i like. i have a lot of hobbies. there are even things i love. but football is part of me. it's like an organ or gland or something. i think about it all the time. winning eleven is the only game i play anymore, and fifaworldcup.com is the only thing i look at on the computer (other than EF :D ). i watch it not just for fun, but to see every single tiny motion, and analyze why the players made that motion. it's not just a game to me anymore. i can understand that someone wouldn't think the same way as me, and i'm not trying to force my feelings on anyone. people have different experiences, and my experiences are the mjor part of why football is so important. i take football as seriously as life itself, because it's always been there for me. no matter what a person does to you, what you do to yourself, or what happens to anything, football will always be more important than anything in my life. it's not a culture, a language, or way of life, it is LIFE. it's about tribes, loyalty, and courage. it's another world. one that's better than the real one. no matter how bad my team does (real madrid) i support them. i have teams i "like" from each league, but there's one that has my loyalty. i could go on (more) about this, but i'm already way off topic. my point is that football is everything to me.
Hala Galacticos

peps1154
Veteran Member

Very powerfull post cfrealmadrid. It should win post of the moth,if he had a competition like that. I think that is really summed up how alot of us here,on EF, (including me) feel about the game. Just out of couriasity hOw old are u? Im really interested to know because I have revied (sp?) the forums today and virtually every post has a great intelligent answer fro u.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i turned 15 earlier this year. it's nice to hear compliments like that to let me know people appreciate my posts. thanks.
Hala Galacticos

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

cfrealmadrid im like you except i include hurling and gaelic football. i thnk the best way to express how much im obsessesd w/ the 3 is the intro to fifa 06. its unfortunate for me that i dont know many who play so my skills never could fully develop. and those i kno who do play for school are betta than and are on the soccer team. and when i ask if they wanna play a 3v3 theyve already played 90 mins and theyre not up for it. thats y in 2 years i will begin to coach in my town because its the best way i can surround myself with football and hopefully take my city, my state, my countrys football players to the next level. and i will never underestimate a player who has heart. when my coach told me that i didnt make the cut and that he didnt want me to work my ass off everyday so that i could just sit on the bench, i wanted to say i would work my ass off harder than anyone who made the team by myself whether he picked me or not.

My motto that i made up and live by "Just because I'll never be the best, doesn't mean I'll ever stop trying to be"
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP