How serious do you take football?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
ghostclan
New User

I was just wondering, how serious you guys take football? I just had a thought while I was training, that I'm only going to be playing soccer till the end of highschool, I won't have time in college. Are any of you guys going to make football a profession? It just sorta occured to me that all my training was going to waste, because I'll only be playing for 2 more years or so.

Sputnik

i used to take football seriously, and i was a fairly good defender but ever since jonior school i realised there would be millions better than me. Football takes too much time and organisation for me to be botherd, and i realised the same thing as you. Thats partly the reason i took up freestyle football cos its more manageable in ur own home. Youve got to realise only half of a quarter of a percent of wannabs eva make it pro, so do wateva u wanna do, but enjoy it, that way ull find time for it in college.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

ghostclan
New User

Yeah, that sorta sucks for me. I was training hard last couple of weeks, but it seemed like a waste to me. I never planned on going pro or anything, never took the game seriously until these past months. I guess its just a hobby.

peps1154
Veteran Member

If u play football for fun then why practice? I do practice however (not as much now as its very cold and I can't always do it at home), I practice because someday I wanna be pro and I now if I work hard I can achieve that goal, I also practice to be better than all the other players, and lastly at least football keeps me away from stuff I know are wrong like drugs and other sh*t like that. Overall I take football seriously, I think it's fun, but I also even now think of it as a Fun JOB.

ghostclan
New User

Yeah, thats cool Pep. I trying out for Advanced House in March, so i guess thats why I'm training now. I usually practice on hitting the ball hard, and accurately at the bottom corners of the goal, and i work my legs out and run everyday, around 1 1/2 miles. I want to be a cop someday so i guess all the running and leg workouts wont go to waste.

J
Admin

I moved this to the Competing forum under Career.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

i take it seriously, i would very much like to play professional football one day. i know it takes a lot of training and al this other stuff, but i think if i really want it, i can achieve it. and if that doesnt work out, ive been practicing kicking for american football, so i think i could do that as well( i dont want to have a real job where you actually sit and do real work!!!)i want to play sports and travel and get paid massive amounts of money for having fun
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

ghostclan
New User

Yeah, but I'm just afraid that if I dont make it, I wont have anything else to do. Plus, I haven't taken football seriously enough to consider a career, it is too late for me to start now. But good luck to you all, and remember me when you get rich! :D :lol:

Bestofthebest

I wanna play pro one day and I know there are thousands of millions better me. I practice each, I really do take it seriously, its just really fun with the ball at your feet doing fancy tricks. it takes alot of work to become a pro and if i don't make it there is always pick up games which are fun and doesn't pressure you. Ghostclan in college you can still play but not as much as before. Soccer is just like education if you take it too seriously you get stress,depressed :D .

Toe Bounce

I'm not skilled enough to go proffesional, but I still work hard and practice daily and whatnot--I stopped and asked myself why the other day, and it's just because I bloody love the sport.

ghostclan
New User

Toe Bounce wrote:I'm not skilled enough to go proffesional, but I still work hard and practice daily and whatnot--I stopped and asked myself why the other day, and it's just because I bloody love the sport.
yeah, same here. I dont think i will have enough time in college, i take all my school work really seriously and dont want soccer getting in the way. I love playing the sport, so thats why I practice, i really like just going down to the park bymyself and just practicing.

oranje74

favortite thing
watching
playing
thinking about
the only thing in life that geniunely gives me pleasure
and girls, and food. and music.
i dont even know how this happened
really odd, i used to HATE soccer
but i love it now
want to be a pro, win the world cup
id love to play internationally for USA
my goal is a secure place on a euro club and on the national team
thats my goal in life
if it becomes apparent that i wont be a footballer, i love journalism, maybe a doctor or flimaker
but i LOVE football
I can do it

AusSkills

i take football semi-seriously i mean its not like i have a drill seargant attitude about it but it is important to me, i mean i love the sport, i love watching the sport, i love playing the sport, i love the sports spinoffs such as freestyle and futsal i just love everything about football its the greatest game on earth, and when you go to professional games youl get that feeling too and it will make you wanna practice and play until you cant play no more. Myself i practice everyday i.e. weights, running, soccer techniques and skills so i can keep fit and continue to improve my soccer abilities as now ive finished high school i have plenty of time to train and i want to play for a local team to start with and just want to get a job so i can pay for what i love most about life and if one day i eventually reach the level of professional football....... life will never be better.

God bless football!
"Understand that the ball is a sphere and that we are not designed by nature to control it with our feet. Our nature is to control it with the hand. But he who can take complete command of it with his feet will always have an edge, and win in this game"

Sputnik

Basically i get wat all you guys are saying and respect it. My cousin whose 20 just started playing for English Conference side Woking, so i know at little about whats involved; he was by far the best in his school, best in his bourough, practised everyday, and got scouted for Crystal Palace. However after one year they released him, and ended up playing for Woking. This is the standard you have to be to play three divisions below the EPL. He was bloody good and plays for a conference side. the sad truth is u have to be extremelt special, talented, and technically good to play for a top club, European or other. thats why its just best to play it for fun and definately not put it above schooling.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

peps1154
Veteran Member

fu** that dude ^ I dont got to play for a top english side I can play in my native Poland as a reserv and I'll be happy