my college recruitment tips

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
tHoFF
New User

Post by tHoFF » 17 Jul 2008, 14:35

arsenalfc08 wrote: At least you get experience and you can say you "tried out for West Ham" lol.
lol yeah that's true.

elmagodelossemaforos
New User

Post by elmagodelossemaforos » 23 Jul 2008, 18:54

anybody know of any good soccer colleges in florida

dream_on_go_pro

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 25 Jul 2008, 20:46

i am a pretty skilled player and want to play college soccer, there is one dilemma i need to find some smaller colleges (if i cant make a big time college) that offer better academic programs. I am going into ninth grade and i recently took the ACT and scored a 26 which is pretty impressive... soccer is my dream but school is my life if you catch my drift...

manutd10

Post by manutd10 » 01 Aug 2008, 04:48

hey im going into the ninth grade and will be starting high school next year, and lucky for me there is a soccer academy at my new school and the university coach heads it up. my brother who is in grade 12 nxt year and all his friends have been playing for the junior university team because of this academy. so that will help him maybe for playing college soccer and hopefully me

fawver15

Post by fawver15 » 02 Aug 2008, 14:26

College Showcases help a lot and yes college coaches do come to club games because I have had two friends been recruited through a random club game and also my sister was pickup through just a random club game she was playing.
Mainly you will know if you are getting recruited by your junior year because they get you when you are young. If you are not at least a junior you can't get talked to by college coaches for recruitment anyways

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Post by BGbeast23 » 02 Aug 2008, 16:45

Has anyone used or heard of this site?
http://www.berecruited.com/

tHoFF
New User

Post by tHoFF » 03 Aug 2008, 15:20

BGbeast,

Yes I've used that site and so far I've had one coach contact me.

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Post by MSILancer7 » 03 Aug 2008, 18:00

tHoFF wrote:BGbeast,

Yes I've used that site and so far I've had one coach contact me.
How long have you been using it and what are your credentials like?

dream_on_go_pro

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 10 Aug 2008, 21:52

Hey i love this site but does the referral thing even work, because i would like to get it for free and im not gonna pay for it, because the internet is not the way most coaches will recruit.

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 12 Aug 2008, 04:05

honestly just email the schools your interested in. they all reply. well for me they did. and make sure you get on a club team that goes to a lot of tournaments. coaches are there and they either talk to you or your coach after the game or send you a letter. I'm a junior and im going throguh the process now. so ask me for help if needed
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 12 Aug 2008, 21:31

nextlevel66 wrote:honestly just email the schools your interested in. they all reply. well for me they did. and make sure you get on a club team that goes to a lot of tournaments. coaches are there and they either talk to you or your coach after the game or send you a letter. I'm a junior and im going throguh the process now. so ask me for help if needed
I agree with nextlevel just email/call. You can call/email them all you want but coaches can't formally recruit you until september 1st of your junior year. That doesn't mean you can't get a head start.

Don't just look at a school for soccer, the main reason you should be going is for academics. Also talk to some of the soccer players, see how their day goes and their time management. Can they handle college classes and soccer. Most schools play year around, the regular season in the fall and most have some kind of spring season (spring isn't as long as the fall).

Don't forget academics is very important. Don't go in thinking the professor will just let you slide by. Yes it does happen but don't count on it because if you end up bombing a test but thinking "he or she will pass me" and they don't, your in deep sh*t. You need to meet a certain gpa in order to be able to playl (this is at all colleges no matter what level).

Also don't count out lower divison schools. Just because the school isn't d1 doesn't mean they aren't good. I know players who play for div3 or lower and they are great players. Look at the draft for NFL and NBA, playlers from divison 2-3 schools get picked up all the time. It's not about the school but what you make of your career while your there. If your scoring goals in every game that will get you noticed.

----next level, aren't you the one that made the thread about regional odp? how did you tryouts go? did you make it?---

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 14 Aug 2008, 03:02

arsenalfc08 wrote:
nextlevel66 wrote:honestly just email the schools your interested in. they all reply. well for me they did. and make sure you get on a club team that goes to a lot of tournaments. coaches are there and they either talk to you or your coach after the game or send you a letter. I'm a junior and im going throguh the process now. so ask me for help if needed
I agree with nextlevel just email/call. You can call/email them all you want but coaches can't formally recruit you until september 1st of your junior year. That doesn't mean you can't get a head start.

Don't just look at a school for soccer, the main reason you should be going is for academics. Also talk to some of the soccer players, see how their day goes and their time management. Can they handle college classes and soccer. Most schools play year around, the regular season in the fall and most have some kind of spring season (spring isn't as long as the fall).

Don't forget academics is very important. Don't go in thinking the professor will just let you slide by. Yes it does happen but don't count on it because if you end up bombing a test but thinking "he or she will pass me" and they don't, your in deep sh*t. You need to meet a certain gpa in order to be able to playl (this is at all colleges no matter what level).

Also don't count out lower divison schools. Just because the school isn't d1 doesn't mean they aren't good. I know players who play for div3 or lower and they are great players. Look at the draft for NFL and NBA, playlers from divison 2-3 schools get picked up all the time. It's not about the school but what you make of your career while your there. If your scoring goals in every game that will get you noticed.

----next level, aren't you the one that made the thread about regional odp? how did you tryouts go? did you make it?---

broooo i didnt make it. it was nuts there though. like seriously my game raised so much in those couple of days. like i p[layed like i never did in my life and it was amazing. i didnt know like what i was capable of. almost everyone there was equally good techinically and then there was the future kids you know who are gonna be rocking the red white blue in the future. but it was just about playing smart. thts what sepereated the regional kids and me. i know if i were to go back i would make it because i understand what to do with the ball and where to position myself. the best advice i can give like everyone from the forums here is... what kind of impact do you have in the game. is it negative or positve. john terry whats his impact??? winning headers and getting stuck in with forwards. drogbas impacting is hes a rock up top and he finds ways to score, you can always count on him. cristiano ronaldo had a negative impact in the last game he played. gave up the game winner to ballack by losing him on the free kick......

you need to figure out what you are better than everyone on the field and use it to your advantage. mine was my speed and creating in the offensive third the final day after talking to my coach i would get the ball take players on and distribute becuse thats what i was good at. you need to find your thing and use it and let everyone know thats what hes sick at. thats your impact and its the only thing that will leave something on the coahces mind about you. your impact. positive or negative. but yeah i played with kids who commited to top 25 d1 schools. also this kid frank tweneboa he is sick as heck. future star and this other kdi joe joe jappah as well as kevin davis jsut to name a few of the kids who are def going somewhere
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

nickh
New User

college

Post by nickh » 05 Oct 2010, 21:38

hey guys i maintain a blog and i'm trying to get in a american college. you can check my videos and posts out at www.nickhumph.com and see how I go with the whole process, it might help you.