Becoming an agent

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

does anyone know how to become an agent for players, the people who get them contracts and stuff. Since i dont know what i want to do with my life and a pro isnt so realistic, I was wondering why not an agent so i can still be involved in the beutiful game. Does anyone know what types of college degrees you need? Business maybe.

plz answer ASAP

Piccadilly

I believe you are a bit like a lawyer so maybe a law degree?
12-2-1 with 4goals and ten assists

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

actually i just asked someone and they said you need to study sports marketing and then get some experience and contacts by doing an internship somewhere. anyone have some other stuff? important stuff that would help? I just found this website for stuff like this but its in french so some people wouldnt understand it

peps1154
Veteran Member

If I ever become a pro I will be happy to hire u :-). Now seriously Ronaldinho's agent is his bro so yeah if u don't know players it might also be unrealistic for big names, but It is duable for less knowed players.

kloft

There's a special degree in college that is known as "sports agency"

sports agent is quite a rigorous course to study in college.

U.Penn has one of the best sports agent courses around.

Good luck but it's not easy as people think just to let you know!

Takes a lot to get to the top~~ I know how you feel like; you want to get involved in football but pro isn't realistic. but you hafto understand being a successful sports agent has just as many chances of being a pro. i mean, some agents have so many players..that surely means the sports agent to players ratio is less.

Mulatto_Magic

sorry to go off topic but wheres a good place or website that I could get an agent from?
~`Legend In The Making`~

Sputnik

i thought you were 15? :? why do you need an agent? they cost a heck of a lot man...
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Mulatto_Magic

I am!...but im going higher and higher and the success is coming my way, and its to much for my parents to have control in, and would be easier on them
~`Legend In The Making`~

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

you really don't need and agent until you're actually pro, or at least semi-pro. if you've got the money, fine, but if you're not rich, wait and see what happens
Hala Galacticos

deano7

I think u take some agents course and it costs around £1,000
Never Criticise your own ability.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

I found some info on the FA website but it only applies for England. check it out:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesAndRegulations/Agents/

it has alot of useful information.

here's a list of agents and their contacts. So this should help out Mullatto Magic:

http://www.fifa.com/en/regulations/agen ... l?static=5

I would also like to ask if being an agent would be a good goal for me even though i dont have any contacts or anything.

does anyone know any agents or have any info.

do most agents get payed reasonably well? i know the big ones are, but what about the ones who just got started?

and how would you get experience?

thanx.