Problems with my position

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
MickyD#9
Veteran Member

Problems with my position

Post by MickyD#9 » 26 Oct 2005, 06:27

Im currently playing right midfield and we didnt do 2 good this year (last place :( ) It's not that we are a bad team or anything we just cant get any goals in. We only have one striker and he scored only one more goal than me this season. I want to play upfront but my coach says I am the best defensive midfielder in the team. Should i go upfront and help the team get more goals or stay where i am and score a couple here and there aswell as defending?

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 26 Oct 2005, 08:35

well try a few times in practice matches as a striker..

then see how you feel.

if you think you're doing alright then talk to your coach about playing upfront.

but if you're the best defensive mid, then I guess you should jus stick to your task and let the strikers do their jobs. But it does puzzle me when u say ur a right mid and ur coach says ur the best def. mid?? thats werd right wingers dont defend as much as defensive mids do.

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

Post by MickyD#9 » 26 Oct 2005, 10:59

Well i dont really play my position the way i should.....when the ball goes back i sprint back and because im fastest on the team i usually make the tackle just before the shot is taken BUT when the ball is in an attacking position i stay upfront and attack more.

mustahfa10

Post by mustahfa10 » 31 Oct 2005, 01:47

one who scores goals is not the matter. stay at mid and assist and help out the others with creating oppurtunities within the game. at mid u get get the ball more (usually center mid) and plus the scouts like a good creator, passer, and center mid because he believes that he is the most conditioned and the best team player. These combination of words and sentences i provide you are quotes from a legendary inspirational idol of mine i just met recently. stay at mid. :wink:

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

Post by MickyD#9 » 05 Dec 2005, 08:06

ok thanks for the advice