A good tip from my friend who got spotted at a try-out

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
frizzyan
Veteran Member

A good tip from my friend who got spotted at a try-out

Post by frizzyan » 26 Oct 2005, 03:37

First of all, he dyed his hair into some weird color so he got noticed easily. But then if you looked unique but played like sh*t, it didn't help.

Secondly, he practiced really hard leading the weeks before his tryout. And during the tryout, he used his array of tricks and was also a team player by making some beautiful passes he had been practicising for the past couple of weeks.

Thirdly, he had a great mentality in that he always believed in himself. this way he made it really far.

and last but definitely not least..he encouraged his teammates and coachs really liked that aspect.

he got spotted so easily because he looked different from others, but on top of that, he was a special player and therefore he got picked over many other "special" players but did not use some of his tryout tips.

Ahmadinho
Sophomore Member

Post by Ahmadinho » 26 Oct 2005, 14:45

i think all those things are great ideas except for the dying of the hair. the game speaks for itself, if your good your gonna stand out to your coaches no need to go to the extreme but he was creative and gotta spot and in the end thats all that really mattters
If your 5 minutes early to practice your
on time, if your on time your late.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 26 Oct 2005, 15:06

hah true..

but u hafto realize there are over 500 players at the tryout..and there has to be at least 20 decent players. so when coaches reflect on the day..they will definitely remember The Guy with the dark blue hair that played amazingly, instead of the blonde 5 foot 6 guy...

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

Post by R9KEvinR9 » 26 Oct 2005, 18:07

i like the idea of dyin hes hair i mean if u have to get noticed if u have skills and wierd hair i think that will do it and the mentality of a player

oranje74

Post by oranje74 » 27 Oct 2005, 00:44

who spotted him
the hair is a good idea
I can do it

soccer dude900

Post by soccer dude900 » 27 Oct 2005, 00:49

i think it all was a good idea esspesialy the hiar part but you gotta be good to be spotted to so the practicing lots is smart to. (how old was he?)

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 27 Oct 2005, 00:53

I also think the hair was a good idea, it makes him standout.

henry23
New User

Post by henry23 » 23 Nov 2005, 01:42

or how about this: 1) run to all water breaks, sounds funny, but coaches love guys who love to run
2) when you lose the ball, give 110% and rush to get it back right away
3)shoot low and hard, dont be afraid to take shots, and DONT MISS THE NET
4)dont make mistakes, dont make mistakes, dont make mistakes
5)be ready to give up your body

if you can do all these well, you will make any team.

oranje74

Post by oranje74 » 23 Nov 2005, 02:18

what team spotted him
I can do it

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Re: A good tip from my friend who got spotted at a try-out

Post by *yung-ital* » 25 Nov 2005, 22:01

frizzyan wrote:First of all, he dyed his hair into some weird color so he got noticed easily. But then if you looked unique but played like sh*t, it didn't help.

Secondly, he practiced really hard leading the weeks before his tryout. And during the tryout, he used his array of tricks and was also a team player by making some beautiful passes he had been practicising for the past couple of weeks.

Thirdly, he had a great mentality in that he always believed in himself. this way he made it really far.

and last but definitely not least..he encouraged his teammates and coachs really liked that aspect.

he got spotted so easily because he looked different from others, but on top of that, he was a special player and therefore he got picked over many other "special" players but did not use some of his tryout tips.
yeah thats a really good trick my friend was telling me about that it actually works, especially if your black and playing with white kids, you just get spotted easier, and im not racist but its true. i
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 26 Nov 2005, 00:41

dont worry, nothing racist about that

tartanbarmy7
Sophomore Member

Post by tartanbarmy7 » 15 Feb 2006, 17:18

ppl for the love of god stop trying to go proffessional there is a whole world out there, football is universal play fir your teammates and for yourself not for the coaches of pro teams, try it plz i can assure you you will love football sooo much more