Different European tryout.

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Gambo
New User

Different European tryout.

Post by Gambo » 31 Dec 2012, 20:23

Hello, my name is Gabriel I am from Brazil and I have just completed 18, so I am willing to go pro this year so I was wondering if anyone know clubs that usually have open tryouts from european countries and that don´t have foreigners restrictions rules like Portugal or netherlands

I have live 2 years in portugal and have played in some youth teams there, I also have portuguese family and I am currenting trying to get portuguese citzenship, but I don´t know how much it will take to finish.

I am currenting trying to contact some fifa agents too, but the more chances I have better.

Edit: I dont mind to try out for clubs from really smaller leagues like the leagues from: Polonia, Sweeden, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Ireland, Uraine etc.., if they accept non European players to signed professional tryouts ( different from England where it´s very difficult).

expert
Site Admin

Re: Different European tryout.

Post by expert » 06 Jan 2013, 13:07

Hey Gabriel, as far as I know most pro clubs aren't really into giving out open tryouts unless you know the coaches or managers there (or you know somebody who can introduce you). Europe is a very competitive place too since there is a lot of local talent.
I think the most realistic option for you would be to play on an amateur team and build connections from there. If you're good people will help you advance up the ladder. Good luck though, let us know how things are going for you!

Gambo
New User

Post by Gambo » 06 Jan 2013, 19:51

Thanks, I had some search and I found some open trials for professional clubs from division 1 and 2 here in Brazil, I hope to pass in one of them and maybe one day transfer to a bigger league in Europe

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 06 Jan 2013, 20:58

Sound very exciting man, definately check back with us and tell us how your tryout went. :)
By the way, there used to be a forum member here from Brazil called Star who played at a pretty high level. I don't know what happend to him as he hasn't been active in a long time.

Gambo
New User

Post by Gambo » 09 Jan 2013, 16:26

expert wrote:Sound very exciting man, definately check back with us and tell us how your tryout went. :)
By the way, there used to be a forum member here from Brazil called Star who played at a pretty high level. I don't know what happend to him as he hasn't been active in a long time.
I was talking to a friend, and I am thinking in traveling to Japan to tryout for some clubs, in the worst case I will try for the JFL clubs.

I saw that some mls clubs had opn tryouts, do they accept foreginers? or I need to contact them to get a trial?

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 09 Jan 2013, 17:57

I would be surprised if MLS clubs have open tryouts however - some of the lower division teams (USL) probably do. USL teams are 'semi-pro' so you're probably not going to be making any or a lot of money. I don't know much about the immigration thing - I assume you'll need something more than a tourist visa.

In all honesty, I would not advise you to contact pro clubs yourself unless you have a very impressive resume or an agent. Keep in mind that, there's a lot of people who want to get signed. Even in countries where the overall level of football is poor, the question is usually not 'how good you are' but it's more about 'where have you played' and 'who can recommend you', etc.

Good luck though, let us know how everything goes!

Gambo
New User

Post by Gambo » 10 Jan 2013, 21:19

expert wrote:I would be surprised if MLS clubs have open tryouts however - some of the lower division teams (USL) probably do. USL teams are 'semi-pro' so you're probably not going to be making any or a lot of money. I don't know much about the immigration thing - I assume you'll need something more than a tourist visa.

In all honesty, I would not advise you to contact pro clubs yourself unless you have a very impressive resume or an agent. Keep in mind that, there's a lot of people who want to get signed. Even in countries where the overall level of football is poor, the question is usually not 'how good you are' but it's more about 'where have you played' and 'who can recommend you', etc.

Good luck though, let us know how everything goes!
Here is the link for Portland timbers open tryouts, they are alredy filled up, but I saw that Sport Kansas City will conduct a open tryout this year

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 14 Jan 2013, 12:24

Sounds cool, man. Just keep in mind, that there's probably going to be A LOT of people at the tryout. :)

crayola
New User

Post by crayola » 25 Jan 2013, 03:40

!Hello !! I was looking for open trials as well and I would like to know where in Brazil did these trials take place?please! I barely turned 19 and I have played for club. I do not want to waste anymore time. I feel ready! from Honduras! :o

Gambo
New User

Post by Gambo » 01 Feb 2013, 20:07

crayola wrote:!Hello !! I was looking for open trials as well and I would like to know where in Brazil did these trials take place?please! I barely turned 19 and I have played for club. I do not want to waste anymore time. I feel ready! from Honduras! :o

here:
http://www.coritiba.com.br/portal/2008/ ... alentos-2/

You just need to go into the teams page and search for "peneira" or " testes "

aleezysam
New User

Post by aleezysam » 06 Nov 2013, 04:58

Totally S4! So proud! You're one of the shining products of the EF Youth Academy, and don't you forget it! ;) Keep it up, always glad to hear of your progress.
ALEEZYSAM