Received a cheque in the mail yesterday

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
scottS4
Veteran Member

Received a cheque in the mail yesterday

Post by scottS4 » 29 Dec 2012, 20:25

Yesterday in the mail I received the first installment of my soccer scholarship - a cheque large enough to cover a considerable portion of next terms tuition. After thinking about it for a few minutes, I realized that I had finally achieved my life-long dream of getting paid to play soccer.

Its not much, definitely still miles away from professional or semi-professional pay, but finally receiving monetary reward after all those years of sacrifice and hard work... Hard to describe how satisfied I was.

Heres to hopefully more cheques for playing soccer in the future, eh?

expert
Site Admin

Re: Received a cheque in the mail yesterday

Post by expert » 30 Dec 2012, 07:35

Congrats man! I believe I speak for the rest of the community by saying that we are proud of you. Cheers. :)

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 30 Dec 2012, 17:10

Totally S4! So proud! You're one of the shining products of the EF Youth Academy, and don't you forget it! ;) Keep it up, always glad to hear of your progress.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 30 Dec 2012, 17:14

Didn't realise the picture was your signature at first, it fits in well with the context of your post haha. Congratulations, it's always great to hear of success stories, and I'm certain it will motivate others who are perhaps struggling a bit. Best of luck.