Help in Regards to Becoming a Pro

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
brasil_soccer9

Help in Regards to Becoming a Pro

Post by brasil_soccer9 » 22 Aug 2011, 07:08

I am currently 16 turning 17 soon. I have never played competitively in any clubs/leagues but I am deciding to join my high school team/competitive league outside of school, coming this September. I am determined in becoming a pro.

Are there any open tryouts in England for English Premier league teams? If so are there any age limits?

Another approach to pro soccer I am thinking about is going to university, joining my college soccer team and eventually try out for a MLS team (I currently live in Canada) such as Toronto FC. Do Toronto FC host open tryouts? I remember many years back they did host one. After developing into a good soccer player, I'd want to play in England. Would EPL teams even consider MLS soccer players?

This is not a troll thread. I am completely 100% serious on becoming a pro. I just need some help in deciding my path. Thanks.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 22 Aug 2011, 08:10

I live in Australia, I couldn't be any further away from you unless I was an Eskimo so I'm not quite sure how pathways and trials work up where you are. Hopefully someone more accustomed to the northern hemisphere can give you a hand with that.

But your question about the EPL digging into the MLS? Sure! Look at Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, And even Landon Donovan who had a spell at the Toffees last season. IMO you can come from any league, no matter how big or small. Look at young Chicharito, he's from the Mexican league (not sure how to spell/pronounce the official name) and now he's breaking into the first team at arguably the most famous club in the world. I mean, I didn't even know who this guy was until he started ending up on the end of every rebound, deflection, and parry at Man U.

Dream big!
Everything you need, is already inside.