Have I Picked the Right Educational Pathway?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
desire10
Veteran Member

Have I Picked the Right Educational Pathway?

Post by desire10 » 04 Aug 2011, 06:45

So, as a back-up plan to football, I have decided to do something to do with sports coaching/science. I told my school careers advisor this and she organized a lot for me. She has enlisted me in a sport and fitness TAFE course for next year, which I'll be doing over a few hours, once a week. Also with my subject selection for next years senior schooling, she has got me into doing board endorsed courses (the harder ones) that will make me eligible for uni'. I apparently will not need a very high final mark to qualify for the cut-off regarding the course I'm doing at university.

I'm hoping I will be able to balance all this with football. I'm not doing any advanced/extension classes, just standard ones, by they all require commitment.

It's to late to go back and scrap all this as I was kind of pressured into it by my careers advisor, and now it is all submitted. But she knows how important football is to me and my aspirations, and she seems to of kept this in mind, but I don't really know...

I don't know what's going to happen once I finish school and TAFE/uni', do I then get a job in sports? Or am I now qualified for the 'back-up plan' and I can continue with my football 100%. This is something I should probably know myself.

Will I still have time to concentrate on football (daily training ect...) with uni'? In hoping everything will work out and keeps the see-saw level in my life.
Everything you need, is already inside.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 04 Aug 2011, 12:20

I'm sure you've made a good choice if a sporting science career is one that interests you. Worry not about the difficulty of the courses; with dedication, you can achieve anything, and you know this from your football training. Even if you don't obtain very high marks at the end of the year, universities are normally pleased to know you even enrolled in harder courses and put forth your best effort. School isn't about being smart or even about learning, to a degree. It's about developing the best work ethic you can for life. In the end, your high school marks only matter for a moment, for admission's sake, and then your work ethic is what will carry you through university and life. As long as you have that, you can achieve anything.

Carry on with your football training and studies, which I am sure you will be able to balance with a bit of effort. Give both as much attention as you can, and try to undercut one for the other. Really, no matter what happens, you will need both to succeed in life.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 05 Aug 2011, 06:02

Thanks Rome.

Sports science/coaching only musky interests me, if that, but it's the best thing next to playing, that's why I've chosen it
Everything you need, is already inside.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 05 Aug 2011, 12:10

You never know, man. Once you get into studying it, you could find you love it! Always good to keep avenues open and try things. ;)

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!