How to be in best form for tournament

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
ah7

How to be in best form for tournament

Post by ah7 » 24 Jul 2011, 08:26

I'm competing in a huge tournament in exactly 2 months time from today (24th sept - 1st oct) Its the largest cup in the southern hemisphere and there will be teams from all around the world involved. Also I have heard that there will be scouts there so I'm looking at being in my best possible form at the time so I can do well and be a stand out performer.

Firstly, the tournament is being held in the Gold Coast which will have temperatures of approx. 30 degrees Celsius. I will be coming from weather conditions probably 10 degrees lower so what can I do to help my body get used to the weather so its not a shock when I get there. My uncle told me it helps to go to the sauna for around 15mins 3 times a week one month before the tournament to get used to the heat. Does anyone know if this will work?

I am also planning on going to the gym as off next week twice a week to build strength.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 25 Jul 2011, 23:18

In general I would say use the first month to work hard and get your fitness up.

Then in the second month tone down the fitness work, and just focus on maintaining your fitness. During this time you should dedicate the majority of the time you have to honing your skills.

As for the heat, you're going to struggle at first but you should familiarize yourself with the concept of hydration, ice packs on your neck at halftime etc, to help you when you get to the Gold Coast.

I do know that saunas are very relaxing and great for your muscles, so give it a go it wont hurt. When you're in the sauna, visualize this as the heat you're probably going to be playing in.
Sig by me

ah7

Post by ah7 » 26 Jul 2011, 02:59

yeah im planning on going to the gym a couple times a week from now on where ill do a weights and cardio routine.

So if i get working on my fitness, what should i do with my soccer ballwork....my biggest weakness is my left foot so im planning on working on that before the tournament

ah7

Post by ah7 » 31 Jul 2011, 13:32

anyone know if the sauna thing works with the heat?