FootballCV.com or getsigned-up.com

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
p793
Veteran Member

FootballCV.com or getsigned-up.com

Post by p793 » 07 Jun 2011, 20:24

I'm going to do this tonight, what do you think looks better? They both look good, I just watched some of the gsu trial day videos (10 min highlight reels) and it looks of a pretty high standard :) anyone give me advice or info about which they would use?

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 07 Jun 2011, 22:14

I went with FOOTBALL CV.

Also, i'm right footed usually play LW/RW like Kalou/Arshavin, scored 18 goals this season in that position in the local league. Do you think I should apply as a Wing Back or Forward as the formation is

CB..CB..CB
WB......WB
CM.CM.CM
..FW..FW..

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 08 Jun 2011, 03:37

i would go as a foward that way you can focus the mayority of your energy attacking and not have to focus on defending and then focus on attacking, and then returning to your position -

ahha i have never seen that formation before man
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

ah7

Post by ah7 » 08 Jun 2011, 06:52

Has anyone here else used footballcv and had any success?

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 08 Jun 2011, 14:09

I hate that formation...
Definitely go with forward, that is the closest position to your true position, just bare in mind you are going to have to adapt to how they want you to play forward. Depending on the coach, you might have to be playing as a target-man/ centre forward.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 08 Jun 2011, 15:16

Thanks, appreciate all comments. :D

I hate that formation too, sucks d**k. Should be 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 IMO.

Signed up last night and booked myself a trial as a forward for the September trial. Can't wait! Got from Now-September to get as good as poss. Going to keep a blog/thread going I think, if anyone cares..

I didn't really trust the GSU website...But you should check out the trial videos anyway, they were pretty fun to watch :)

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 08 Jun 2011, 18:28

I'd love to see your blog and watch your progress.

Good luck. The best advice I can give you is to train from this second now until the trial as intensely as you can. Don't over-estimate how much time you have, September seems far away now, but it will creep up on you really fast, and when you get to your trial you want to know that you put every possible day of training in, and gave it your best shot.

4-3-3 would suit your position perfectly as a wing forward, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Have you had any information about what you will have to do on the trial day yet? Like specific drills/routines?

When I trialled as a forward for Luton Town, the coach said the reason I didn't get in was because my shooting wasn't up to the level it needed to be for a forward, even though my link-up play with the midfield was better than anyone else there. So really work on your shooting with both feet till you have a real beast of a kick in your locker.

Another thing that I realised with my trial is that unfortunately playing simple won't get you to stand out at all. All of the people that got accepted, were not necessarily doing everything perfect, but they attempted things more difficult, and even though most of the time it didn't work out, the times it did work out it impressed the coaches enough to get them a place.

Is this your first ever trial?

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 08 Jun 2011, 19:55

Cool man, I'll get the blog going.

Yeah I know what you mean, too many times I have said that to myself in school! "Ahh, deadline is in 2 month, got ages..." the night before, "fu**" haha :) But yeah, I already sorta started training for it last month, been training pretty intensley past few weeks, 2-3 hours every night after school.

Nah havent recieved that info yet but I expect it will come through the post with the other sh*t..they said they send a dietry plan and pre trial preparation stuff..so hopefully that will help! :).

What you said about luton, did they really take on players who did that? This is what one of scouts said at fbcv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAc3JHQJ ... ded#at=150

skip to around 3:20

If I just play relatively simple and the right thing, and do 1 or 2 magic moments, then that would be ideal cos it shows I wont fu** around yet still displays what I got in my locker..Or you reckon cos the games are only 45 mins, I should just go all out and try and impress with every touch?

It's not my first trial, been on with safc and leeds when I was like 7ish. Then this time last year I payed for a trial at leeds, I did alright, I wasnt prepared at ALL though. Broke my ribs and only started running like a week before. Trial was from like 9-4, I didnt bring lunch and sh*t, so unprepared it was laughable, but I was still one of the best there which is alright I suppose. But i've learnt from it and it can only help :)

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 09 Jun 2011, 00:36

The more mistakes you make the more you learn, that is never more true than in football man.

If you listen to the guy on the video the crucial thing is that he says he looks for a player that hits you between the eyes, but also does the simple things right.

I interpret that as him saying, yes go out to impress and try some daring things, but mix it up and also show that when you have to do the simple things, you can do them properly.

For example, a player who runs past 4 players with brilliant dribbling skills but then cannot pull off a 5 yard pass to his team mate is not very useful in the eyes of a scout. Compare that to someone who can receive the ball and go past players well and create chances out of nothing, but also can do simple things like short passing to retain possession for the team. That would be a far more ideal player for a scout to go for.

So basically, you need to be able to, and sometimes do, play the game simply, and play it well. But also you need to have a little something extra in your locker to make you look better than the others and stand out from the crowd.

That's good, you need to spend as much time preparing for it as possible. To quote Keano "Fail to prepare and you prepare to fail."

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 03 Sep 2011, 14:24

Trial is only a week away...Damn! Time has gone by so quickly...I'd like to think I have prepared well though, so lets just see how it goes...

Only have 45 minutes to impress which is my main worry. As I don't know whether to play my normal game, and run the risk of not standing out immidieately, or just go all out for it...

chelsea, reading, leister, not forrest scouts are all gunna be there...

Any help you have to offer me let me know guys, will be appreciated.

On another note I also just got into a u18 academy for a low league team, 2-3 divisions below conference. Nothing like a epl academy but its something.

Wish me luck!!!

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 08 Sep 2011, 09:17

GOOD LUCK PAL!

Show em what you are made of

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 11 Sep 2011, 20:17

Trial went decently, didn't play my best, but did play well. First 5 minutes of the game I hurt my leg in a 50/50 but carried on playing. Didn't affect me much apart from I couldn't sprint at top speed.

I passed the ball around well throughout the game - Lots of link up play and through balls with other players which I hope the scouts appreciated, as there was a lot of greedy players.

I intercepted a pass I anticipated from one of the defenders but instead of running to the keeper and passing it in like I usually would, I panicked a bit and just took the shot straight away, good connection but should have scored.

Got in lots of good positions for goals but wingers didnt cross, but showed good movement.

Scored a volley from 15 yards in off the bar from a cross - Peeled off last defender.

Sprinted on to another 1 vs 1 and knocked it past the keeper who got a touch and flicked it on to the post.

Also made a few mistakes throughout the game.

So in short, I played decent, scored a nice volley, didn't show off my pace and probably looked quite slow, but linked up play well. I really hope I get offered a trial from a club, time will only tell, but I would deffinately reccomened FootballCV.com trials to anybody, as it a brilliant opportunity to get recognized. There was players from Brazil etc there today. Scouts that attended - Chelsea, Liverpool, Aston Villa, QPR, Reading, Southampton, Bournemouth, Farnbourough, Aldershot, and more non league and conference represntatives.

Hope I have done enough to get another trial at a pro club, and if I havent, I will 100% attend another FBCV trial! Thanks Guys!!!!

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 11 Sep 2011, 20:30

way to go, hope you got noticed :)

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 11 Sep 2011, 20:38

Sounds like you did pretty well! I'm not surprised that a lot of players were greedy. I believe each person gets to play 45 minutes so I think the mindset of a lot of players is "I have to stand out". Sounds like you did a good job of linking up with other players while also taking your chances on goal. I hope you get a response from some clubs.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 12 Sep 2011, 17:13

Fingers crossed dude. I'm so fu**ing pissed atm though, I made my school squad, but didnt get put on the 16 man team for the next game, I played poorly in the school trial, but not that bad. The teacher never seen me play before though. Hopefully get a chance in the next few games and then will keep my position once in team. I'm so annoyed though.