Making it in the England

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
p793
Veteran Member

Well i'm not sure if you have heard of footballCV.com before?
You pay a membership fee, and then pay for trials you want, which a host of premier league, championship league 1, 2 blah blah get to see you play. Seems to have a decent success rate, and it gets you noticed. So you could get flights over, and just sleep in a hotel if you attend the trials, but the flights will cost a lot but its just a suggestion...i'll let you figure it out.

Me personally, I am 17 now with no coaching by a proffesional team, still believe i'm good enough to make it, hopefully footballCV will help me, and if I dont get noticed on my first attempt, I will be playing with players who may get noticed, which will help me understand where i'm at and where I need to be.

desire10
Veteran Member

^ Thanks man, lol but in my first post for this thread, I posted a link to footballcv.
Everything you need, is already inside.

ah7

Have you seen any other aussies on footballcv? what other options do we have. What we be the best way of making it into the a league apart from a club such as central coast FC

p793
Veteran Member

LOL, epic fail. I remember reading this when you first posted it, and then didn't read it again when I posted the fbcv shizz. my bad. So what you thinking on doing then??

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Here are some success stories posted on FootballCV's site from registered users from outside the UK

Another FootballCV member to be linked to FK Banik Most in the Czech Republic is Gabriel Poulino. The 18 year old Canadian attacker attended the FootballCV residential Trials Camp in October 2009, where a scout from FK Banik Most spotted him.

24 year old FootballCV member Bacary Bojang has signed for Blue Square Premier side Tamworth. The Gambian-born Danish striker first registered with FootballCV in April 2010 and attended our trials day event at Beckenham Goals Centre in June of this year. The powerful and quick attacker made a name for himself in Danish football when playing for second division side B1909 and Superliga side Odense Boldklub.

Apparently Chris Smalling (Manchester United) was a member of the site in 2006.

http://www.footballcv.com/football/news/success.asp

ah7

Did you end up joining footballcv desire?

desire10
Veteran Member

Nah. I'm only 14 atm anyway, and my parents don't support me enough/have the money to send me to England right now. Maybe when I'm older. But I'm thinking of trying to use the A-league as a springboard for an international career.

ah7

Yeah im probably in the same boat as you. What are your plans for getting to the A league?

desire10
Veteran Member

I'm gonna try and get a scholarship/financial assistance for my local semi pro team (the one affiliated with Mariners), then go from there.

ah7

oh yeah your lucky you have that! ive got nothing here in adelaide :( so im really not sure what i can do!

desire10
Veteran Member

Are you sure you've got no links to Adelaide United? You live in a bigger football city then I do trust me.