Match Day Ritual

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
p793
Veteran Member

Match Day Ritual

Post by p793 » 21 Apr 2011, 11:32

So...What does everyone do on the day of the Matches?

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 21 Apr 2011, 16:47

mines pretty simple. Assuming it's mid day game around 3-5 or so. Get up grab a shower, start drinking tons of water. Grab something fairly large to eat. relax a bit watch a game, listen to music whatever. Around 1-2 hours till i'll grab some small snack, typically a banana and a granola bar and then get some water and head towards the game.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 21 Apr 2011, 18:43

dont really have a ritual i just drink alot of water. Does anybody here meditate by chance? because im thinking about doing it to just calm my thoughts before games

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 21 Apr 2011, 19:09

collin wrote:dont really have a ritual i just drink alot of water. Does anybody here meditate by chance? because im thinking about doing it to just calm my thoughts before games
Although calm thoughts can help your mental state during a match, that nervous tension and anxiety gives you that boost in adrenaline you need to perform. Before a match i think you probably need to feel more "pumped" than "relaxed".
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Met

Post by Met » 21 Apr 2011, 21:33

Mine's really complicated... :D

Saturday kick off 2, wake up at 10ish, get 2 large or 3 smallish potatoes oil them and salt them, (lovely skin) into the oven, 200deg C for an hour, drink 1 litre of liquids, so 1 cup milk, 1 cup tonic water (stops cramps), rest water. Chill watch Soccer AM or something football related. Check out the opponents, psyche myself up that we can beat them by checking their records. Hopefully, pre game dump, clear the bowels, wash hands, eat my lovely jackets with butter, (let it melt), cheese (let it melt), and baked beans. Eat the skins first, then the lovely fluffy stuff with tea. Relax watch some footy, An hour before we meet up, slowly get my gear together, takes about 30mins, double check I got everything, in the order, boots, shinnies, water, isotonic drink, keys, mobile phone, earphones. Get in the car, put earphones on, blast some music on, I don't care which one as long as I know the lyrics to it. Shout the lyrics out as I drive down to the ground. Speed when I'm not supposed to, brake late, get the adrenaline pumping some more. Get overpummped, once I get there, everything's chill cause I'm early so I start to relax, get changed first, out with the ball, get the touch going, few stretches before the rest of the team comes out, warm up with them, get the banter going.

If everything goes as planned, I usually have an awesome game. Defenders can't handle me. Score /Assists. It's crazy. If even one thing isn't right, I don't do so well. Took me about 20ish games to develop this ritual. I think most of the things I do is to get the good feelings flowing and to get out of my head.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 21 Apr 2011, 21:48

Met i'm amazed you can play with the way you eat :p.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 22 Apr 2011, 03:31

Met wrote:Mine's really complicated... :D

Saturday kick off 2, wake up at 10ish, get 2 large or 3 smallish potatoes oil them and salt them, (lovely skin) into the oven, 200deg C for an hour, drink 1 litre of liquids, so 1 cup milk, 1 cup tonic water (stops cramps), rest water. Chill watch Soccer AM or something football related. Check out the opponents, psyche myself up that we can beat them by checking their records. Hopefully, pre game dump, clear the bowels, wash hands, eat my lovely jackets with butter, (let it melt), cheese (let it melt), and baked beans. Eat the skins first, then the lovely fluffy stuff with tea. Relax watch some footy, An hour before we meet up, slowly get my gear together, takes about 30mins, double check I got everything, in the order, boots, shinnies, water, isotonic drink, keys, mobile phone, earphones. Get in the car, put earphones on, blast some music on, I don't care which one as long as I know the lyrics to it. Shout the lyrics out as I drive down to the ground. Speed when I'm not supposed to, brake late, get the adrenaline pumping some more. Get overpummped, once I get there, everything's chill cause I'm early so I start to relax, get changed first, out with the ball, get the touch going, few stretches before the rest of the team comes out, warm up with them, get the banter going.

If everything goes as planned, I usually have an awesome game. Defenders can't handle me. Score /Assists. It's crazy. If even one thing isn't right, I don't do so well. Took me about 20ish games to develop this ritual. I think most of the things I do is to get the good feelings flowing and to get out of my head.
Haha that's awesome!

Mines pretty uncomplicated I guess. My games are around midday, so I get up at 7:30 A.M, and have a small meal of carbs'. Depending on how late the game is, I'll fit in another small meal of carbs, or if it's earlier, my last meal will always consist of easy digest carbs. This is usually a cereal without milk and a fruit based muesli bar. Sometimes I like to get on the net before a game, surf EF, and watch some nike football videos/articles. I'l keep drinking plenty of water during all of this as well. Sometimes I like to watch my favorite scenes from the movie Goal!. I listen to my soccer playlist on the way to the game. My coaches don't know sh*t so I warm-up my own way before the game. When I'm walking on for kick-off I always fill my head with positive thoughts. My favorite is this - "I train way way harder then anyone else here, I get up at 5:00.AM before school for soccer, and get home very late in the afternoon because of soccer. There is no way anyone else here deserves to score more than I do, and no way any defender on the other team deserves to tackle me". This usually gets me in a pretty determined state of mind.
Everything you need, is already inside.