How Am I Going To Make It?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
desire10
Veteran Member

How Am I Going To Make It?

Post by desire10 » 13 Apr 2011, 01:01

I live in Australia, about two hours from Sydney. I'm only fourteen, soon fifteen years old, but I still feel like I'm running short on time. If you look at the greatest players, even the not so great, they all were nurtured young at proffesional academies and such. I have the ability and potential, I've even been told by teamates I could be playing in Europe, it's just my family doesn't support me all that much. It's mostly financial, as we arn't the richest family, and all in all they don't really that interested in me and my soccer. In my area the top rep' teams all cost lots of money, money we don't have, so I'm stuck in an ameteur team.

I just don't know how I'm going to go profesional. There are semi-profesional teams in Sydney, but that's too far away, I'd have to wait 'til I'm old enough to move out, and live with relatives up there. I don't want to have to result to this, as I'd have to get a job, and just wouldn't have enough time to pursue a pro career in football. The semi pro state teams up there though are where the A-League clubs do a lot of their scouting at.
Everything you need, is already inside.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 13 Apr 2011, 01:11

stop stressing about about it, your 14 years old for christ sake. Yes, there are alot of pro's nurtured in academy's. And? there is also a sh*t load of pro's who weren't in academy's. As for what you should do, im not really sure. If i was you i would just keep playing my game and enjoying it, things will come along your 14, plus you never know who's watching your games. Maybe you can ask your coach if he has any connections with some academy teams or higher level teams that he can get you into or something? Start contacting people, teams, coaches whatever it takes.

Also try contacting Daniel Capalero "think i spelt it wrong" he's on this forum he is D10. He's from australia and i would assume he knows about Australian youth and how to make it through the ranks. His website is on the Blog section you can contact him through facebook or twitter, hes a smart guy he could probably give you advice.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 13 Apr 2011, 01:32

collin wrote:stop stressing about about it, your 14 years old for christ sake. Yes, there are alot of pro's nurtured in academy's. And? there is also a sh*t load of pro's who weren't in academy's. As for what you should do, im not really sure. If i was you i would just keep playing my game and enjoying it, things will come along your 14, plus you never know who's watching your games. Maybe you can ask your coach if he has any connections with some academy teams or higher level teams that he can get you into or something? Start contacting people, teams, coaches whatever it takes.

Also try contacting Daniel Capalero "think i spelt it wrong" he's on this forum he is D10. He's from australia and i would assume he knows about Australian youth and how to make it through the ranks. His website is on the Blog section you can contact him through facebook or twitter, hes a smart guy he could probably give you advice.
Thanks mate, I'll give D10 a shout.

D10

Post by D10 » 13 Apr 2011, 04:01

I received your face book message, props to collin for mentioning that I might be able to offer some advice.

In regards to making it in Australia, it's always going to be tough. Due to many factors, however one of them is the fact that soccer is only just starting to become mainstream in our country. What I mean by this is that AFL(Football), Cricket, Rugby and sometimes even Swimming gets more publicity than our beloved Football.

In relation to your comments of age and you feeling like your starting to miss you chances, you'll only miss them if you believe that you have. You need to train, practice and devote time to the game as if you have a big trial awaiting you, you need to practice and play as if some one is constantly watching you. I was speaking with Todd Howarth from the Perth Glory, he signed pro when he was 27, he has played two seasons with the Glory and about to go into his third. It's never too late!

All I can advise is that your persistent, patient and you continue to dream big. You already have what is required in the first place, and that is the want to be a professional footballer.

Keep your mind in the right place and focused on your bigger picture, make sure when you train, play or practice that you are always showing 100% of your ability.

I hope this helps.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 13 Apr 2011, 05:38

D10 wrote:I received your face book message, props to collin for mentioning that I might be able to offer some advice.

In regards to making it in Australia, it's always going to be tough. Due to many factors, however one of them is the fact that soccer is only just starting to become mainstream in our country. What I mean by this is that AFL(Football), Cricket, Rugby and sometimes even Swimming gets more publicity than our beloved Football.

In relation to your comments of age and you feeling like your starting to miss you chances, you'll only miss them if you believe that you have. You need to train, practice and devote time to the game as if you have a big trial awaiting you, you need to practice and play as if some one is constantly watching you. I was speaking with Todd Howarth from the Perth Glory, he signed pro when he was 27, he has played two seasons with the Glory and about to go into his third. It's never too late!

All I can advise is that your persistent, patient and you continue to dream big. You already have what is required in the first place, and that is the want to be a professional footballer.

Keep your mind in the right place and focused on your bigger picture, make sure when you train, play or practice that you are always showing 100% of your ability.

I hope this helps.
Thanks so much mate, this is a big motivator. I'll keep up the hard work, something will have to present itself.