Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
p793
Veteran Member

Inter Football Academy

Post by p793 » 27 Aug 2010, 23:37

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 28 Aug 2010, 18:17

I think it looks fine but expensive! About $922 for a one week trial.

I think you'd be better off saving your money and trying to get on an 8th or 9th division team and work your way up the non-league ladder, but thats just me.

You could try footballcv trials which are much cheaper, a lot cheaper like $60 per trial.

I don't know how old you are but there is one at Hyde United on September 12th. The price's vary by age and position but tons of spots left price is 35 british pound. http://www.footballcv.com/football/book ... wevent=200

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 28 Aug 2010, 19:15

Amazing Feedback. I am in dilemna as i am recovering from a hamstring injury...so i dont know weather to do this trial on 12th or in october...but the season i just starting now so they may be more intrested in a new player..?

Also, do you know if the clubs are intrested in the u18 group, because I heard somewhere that they clubs academy players are chosen already, so i dont know if they could add an extra 16 year old to the scholarship???
thanks so much

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 28 Aug 2010, 20:31

p793 wrote:Amazing Feedback. I am in dilemna as i am recovering from a hamstring injury...so i dont know weather to do this trial on 12th or in october...but the season i just starting now so they may be more intrested in a new player..?

Also, do you know if the clubs are intrested in the u18 group, because I heard somewhere that they clubs academy players are chosen already, so i dont know if they could add an extra 16 year old to the scholarship???
thanks so much
At your age your still part of the youth groups and pretty much every non-league club even the ones in like the 10th and 11 divisions have youth teams. Most should have an U18 team.

I suggest googling "football teams in x (enter city you live in)" and some should pop up, then find out who runs the youth team and call or email them.

Your right most have already had their tryouts but I would still give it a shot, you never know.

I'd also sign up for the footballcv website they have trials all the time. A later on is on October 31st at Rushden and Diamonds. Its also 35 british pounds the only U18 position that is sold out is center midfield.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 28 Aug 2010, 21:12

Thanks..
But just to clarify..

Say for example, a 17 year old boy was as good as Pele at this U18 trial. A premier league scout seen him, would the club be able to place him in there academy? Or are they only aloud a certain amount of players in the academy, and a certain age?
I know that the 16 year old players sign a 2 year scholarhsip..So would it be too late for the 17 year old?

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 28 Aug 2010, 21:39

p793 wrote:Thanks..
But just to clarify..

Say for example, a 17 year old boy was as good as Pele at this U18 trial. A premier league scout seen him, would the club be able to place him in there academy? Or are they only aloud a certain amount of players in the academy, and a certain age?
I know that the 16 year old players sign a 2 year scholarhsip..So would it be too late for the 17 year old?
I'm pretty sure tthey would if they felt he was good enough. In terms of the footballcv trials if a club likes a player they usually invite the player for an extended club trial.

In order to be on the U18 academy team you obviously have to be U18 which you are. So technically age wise you do qualify. Now it does get tricky because 17 is usually the age when players sign contracts but the first contract is usually only for 1 year. After the year the club re-evaluates the player and decides if they want to offer a new contract.

Playing in an academy doesn't guarantee a first team contract. Lots of players are released every year but that doesn't mean they can't or won't land with another club.

Footballcv is hit or miss but its worth a shot.

Canadianfooty
Sophomore Member

Post by Canadianfooty » 28 Aug 2010, 22:48

Sorry for just popping in here guys but, is there a "demand" for right and left defenders?
By demand I mean if I tryed out for an academy would I have a fair shot as most people trying are wannabe Christino Ronaldos.