do i still have a chance?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
dasfootball90

do i still have a chance?

Post by dasfootball90 » 20 Jul 2010, 21:11

Like millons of kids I love the game of football and I want to go pro. I started playing soccer at age 5 and then stop at eight. I started back again when I was 12 after watching the Euro 08 on tv. I am know 14 and have been taking football seriousley now for two years. My friends at school say that I am very good for only playing soccer for two years. Do I still have a chance of making it to europe if I continue practicng. I currently don't play for a team but I looking to tryout for Varsity as a freshmen.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 20 Jul 2010, 21:33

How do you think we should know? Also, will what we say really matter? If you really want to, you'll do it regardless of what people say.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

dasfootball90

Post by dasfootball90 » 20 Jul 2010, 21:48

i know you don't make the decision if I make it pro. but I was just saying that I don't play for any travel teams and don't have the money to tryout for it.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 20 Jul 2010, 22:25

A lot of travel teams don't have fees for tryouts. Because of your financial situation I'm positive that if you are good enough, they will give you a fee reduction, or even sponsor you.

One of the teams I've played for let this one guy play because of his skill. Our parents and coach pulled together and let him play for free.
Make calls/visit your local clubs. Tell them your situation and I'm sure they will help you work it out.

Don't let money or any other excuse get in your way. I'm sure you're very determined and those types of people make things happen. People who sit there and make excuses don't.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)