My England ambition

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
ImpossibleIsNothing6

My England ambition

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 06 Jul 2010, 08:46

I'm currently 14, and I live in Australia, and i breathe the game, and I'm farely ambitious.

When I'm older, in my late teens, I want to move to England, for the football ofcasue, as in my country, there are very little opportunity for pickup games, and the playing level is a big step-down compared to Europe.

I don't kno how I'm going to do it, I'm looking around for a job somewhere, and from there I am going to save my money. I am going to need somewhere to stay, and somewhere to work there, which means needing a working Visa and the lot, which i know Sh*t all about.

Would I be at an advantage or disadvantage on the currency side of things? Could i please have some general advice on my rather ambitious plan. Thank you alot in retun.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 06 Jul 2010, 13:08

Getting a work visa is still complicated as you have to be a pretty skilled worker to get one that is going to last a long time. Skilled worker like computer programer, nurse, etc. Do you have any family that was born in England? If so you can apply for a british passport which will enable you to work and play football.

If you have no way of getting a british passport or one from another EU country you can not play football in England. I know I say this a lot and it may sound harsh but it really is the rules. I've seen way to many kids go over to England, do well in their trial, but nothing else can come of it because they didn't know about the foreign restrictions.

Juice

Post by Juice » 06 Jul 2010, 13:15

Yeah, its easier said than done...
Specially when we are in bad times like now. I would say that the "easiest" way to get to England or any other country is by school..

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 07 Jul 2010, 00:27

Well if it's any help, my mum was born in england, and so was my grandmother, my mother though, is not an australian citizen despite living here for since she was barely 1yr old.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 07 Jul 2010, 01:06

ImpossibleIsNothing6 wrote:Well if it's any help, my mum was born in england, and so was my grandmother, my mother though, is not an australian citizen despite living here for since she was barely 1yr old.
I suggest you look into getting a british passport your eligible since both your mom and grandmother were born in England. I know you don't want to move until your teens but I'd start the process asap. Keep playing and keep your CV up to date.

terminator

Re: My England ambition

Post by terminator » 08 Jul 2010, 05:57

ImpossibleIsNothing6 wrote:I'm currently 14, and I live in Australia, and i breathe the game, and I'm farely ambitious.

When I'm older, in my late teens, I want to move to England, for the football ofcasue, as in my country, there are very little opportunity for pickup games, and the playing level is a big step-down compared to Europe.

I don't kno how I'm going to do it, I'm looking around for a job somewhere, and from there I am going to save my money. I am going to need somewhere to stay, and somewhere to work there, which means needing a working Visa and the lot, which i know Sh*t all about.

Would I be at an advantage or disadvantage on the currency side of things? Could i please have some general advice on my rather ambitious plan. Thank you alot in retun.
There is so much opportunity here compared to where I came from. The football federation victoria, for example, has a "talented player" program and there are many soccer academies and schools.

You are still young. Start off at a local club and your high school and be the best there for now. I think you should think about England later...not right now.

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 10 Jul 2010, 04:25

O.K, thanks. If my England move doesn't work out, where else in Australia in good for soccer, like with plenty of pickup games and the lot.. Victoria? Thanks