How are you going to go about it

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
p793
Veteran Member

How are you going to go about it

Post by p793 » 01 Jul 2010, 21:39

So what are all of your plans?
I'm planning on ringing clubs tomorrow and see what they say.
How is every body else going to go about achieving it? Because I don't know what I will do if this fails...

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 02 Jul 2010, 00:59

I havent played competitive football for over a year now since i had my surgery, hardly trained since so im not as good as what i used to be, but this summer im just going to fu**ing train and play and train and play, see where that takes me.
i was made to ignite

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 02 Jul 2010, 10:06

IF I can't get any trials for an academy, I think I will see about going to train with conference reserve/first teams and working my way up from there, ideally though I would join an academy and sign a scholarship and go from there.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Jul 2010, 10:21

All of us that are going with this dream need to always have in mind that people that are living what we want to, are people just like us, that just trained real hard, and got good enough to play where they play. Getting good enough is the most important thing, and thats available to anybody, all you need is your ball, and the disposition to train- Pick up matches will get you to the next level real fast as well, and they are the funnest - its a game after all and it should be enjoyed - after the required level is reached, you need to have the courage to tryout in teams and you have to be willing to look bad infront of anybody to achieve greatness. Remember what your going through - a process of improving and getting at a high level - is a natural process you've already been through 1000 times, and if your only fair, and only neutral, you can notice how much you've improved. Having this in mind will give you the faith you need to keep improving, just knowing how before you struggled to make a pass and now your giving through balls between 3 players, has to be enough to know that if you keep training you'll be able to give passes between 5, and be one of the best. Knowing that what separates you from your dream is nothing but hours in training, and playing, and finally having the courage to try out for a bigger team, keeping in mind everybody there is just human like you, WILL get you to what you want. What stops you is only yourself. They where normal kids one day, they just dared to dream big. No reason you should live unhappy watching others play, especially when you know they are the exact same type of being as you are. If you do the same they did, you will end up the same or further. It all boils down to hard work and sacrifice, even though they make it look easy, even though they pretend they haven't worked for it, even though they pretend they aren't scared, or they don't have doubts, they wouldn't be there if they hadn't sweat the hours they did, and if they didn't have that period in their lives, where they where the unknown one, the kid thats trying out, the kid that "probably wont be good enough". You could be the next pro, you choose. Life doesn't care if your scared, if your worried, if your short, or chubby, if you do the work, take the leap of faith, you will get there. If you let inhibitions, lazyness, or anything stop you from working, from trying out, from improving, you simply don't deserve the prize. IF you work you will improve, if you work harder you will imrpove loads, and if you improve youll become good, and if your good enough you will get into that team. We are all equal and we all where born with the ability to learn, or else we wouldn't walk, talk, or do anything. If you can learn you can improve, no doubts about it, then if your on that field, looking liek sh*t, tired, slow, with terrible control, just admit that its cause you didn't work, don't give yourself excuses or limit yourslef with "im not good enough", thats small, thats rubbish, you simply haven't paid the price of training hard enough to reach a level, thats all. Believe its possible, or don't - things will remain the same. Everybody thats in that big team, will always have had to work the hours, weather you believe it or not. The same way you will get amazingly good if you train, you will remain sh*t if you don't. Having all this in mind, if you really want it, you'll do whats required, if you don't want it enough, you wont. Don't be hypocritical, don't waste time, if you want profesionalism go all the way, don't train some days and slack others and say "i wanna be pro so bad, its my bigest dream, i love playing". It always has, and always will depend on you. And you are the only won responsible for your success or lack of it. in anything you do. those kids just made the right decisions to become what they want. You know them, I know them we all know what it takes. Now they are with a contract in a pro team, now they are feeling good, and now they are cocky, guess what, they have all the reasons to be this way, they earnt it by sweating it and pusshing themselves. be fair to yourself, to your family, and have pride, if you don't want it, don't go for it, but don't be as low to say "i'm not get enough", be realistic and say "im to fuking lazy to train as hard as i need to". You can do it, or you can stay the way you are, you even have the path written down, its your decision. Think of the kids in africa who are dying of hunger, think of all the resources you have available, if they had these things trust me they wouldn't waste another second and be chasing their dreams, why wouldn't you? Also if you know you can do it, why wouldn't you? Do you rather live unhappy, knowing that you could but you are to lazy. would you rather be the guy watching, or the guy playing?? Your choice.

end rant
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 02 Jul 2010, 17:15

Okay Panchester great comment, but were some of those questions directed at me? Or people in general?
Because I definately do put in the hours, but I am also sensible, I mean i'm not gunna train all day long if I have a streneous game later on that I want to have energy for.
But I deffinately do put in the work, when I said "if I can't get into an academy" I said that because even people who train so so hard, sometimes things just don't go there way, and they may not get scouted etc.
So I have created a backup plan incase I do not get into an academy, and that is to train with a conference or lower team and work my way up, get my name noticed etc.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 02 Jul 2010, 19:47

p793 wrote:Okay Panchester great comment, but were some of those questions directed at me? Or people in general?
Because I definately do put in the hours, but I am also sensible, I mean i'm not gunna train all day long if I have a streneous game later on that I want to have energy for.
But I deffinately do put in the work, when I said "if I can't get into an academy" I said that because even people who train so so hard, sometimes things just don't go there way, and they may not get scouted etc.
So I have created a backup plan incase I do not get into an academy, and that is to train with a conference or lower team and work my way up, get my name noticed etc.
Like I said your best bet is to send out your CV and your match schedule to clubs. If the club thinks you have potential they will send a scout to your game. I'm not sure ringing the clubs will get you anywhere they will probably just tell you the same thing.

Honestly working your way up may be the best approach. With it being pre-season I'm sure most, depending on the level, will allow you to train or even trial with the team.

Here is some info about Cambridge United's youth team. They specifically say to email the club with your CV and will not accept phone calls. http://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/page/ ... 12,00.html

I'm not sure how old you are but Cambridge United just had open trials in late June for the Center of Excellence.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 16 Jul 2010, 12:08

Okay so I rang alot of clubs, i'm 16 and it is really diffucult to get trials as the clubs pick there scholarships in march time. So they don't dish out trials. I'm sitll not gicving up though. I m,ight ring some semi-pro teams...see what they say.

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 20 Jul 2010, 19:01

A wise man once said two things that changed my way of going about this dream, to play professionally. Take it how you want.

"First thing, don't make a plan B. It will only get in the way of plan A."

To achieve greatness: "If you say you are going to build the largest, strongest, greatest wall anyone has ever built, you simply wont. But if you lay each brick as perfectly as that damn brick can be laid each day, eventually you will have your wall."

Now I might have butchered a little bit, but hopefully you get the point. Ill leave you with one more quote. (you will see the video with all these when I make my thread soon)

"Talent and skill are always mixed up. Talent is what you are born with, but skill is hours and hours you spend beating your craft."

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 20 Jul 2010, 23:29

Okay thanks great tips, any advice is aprreciated and I would love to read your new thread

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 21 Jul 2010, 02:37

Well I started my new thread. "Inspiration." Now it should have pretty much my entire soccer career, and all my struggles and triumphs, but the site erased my post as i was submitting it. So i did leave the videos that Have recently inspired me. And the thread is open to anyones story of their life and their struggles/triumphs, heartbreaks, and the ugly.

This way we can all compare, sympathize, encourage, so on so forth.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 21 Jul 2010, 12:27

mustahfa14 wrote:Well I started my new thread. "Inspiration." Now it should have pretty much my entire soccer career, and all my struggles and triumphs, but the site erased my post as i was submitting it. So i did leave the videos that Have recently inspired me. And the thread is open to anyones story of their life and their struggles/triumphs, heartbreaks, and the ugly.

This way we can all compare, sympathize, encourage, so on so forth.
Happened to me several times, now i instinctively copy and paste any long posts I make before hitting submit

The time-out is 30mins I think

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 21 Jul 2010, 16:00

Happened to me too.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 22 Jul 2010, 16:29

Is there a limit on how many scholars clubs accept for 16-18 year olds? Also, do you have to be part of the program for a set time or can people join and leave I.e me joining a acadmey half way through the season?

Just want to know if they are aloud? To accept people later? or more?

Is it the same for france too? I mgiht look into the possibilites of moving there.

i dont care where I play really aslong as I get pro coaching and am on the ladder. Ideally I would join the ladder relatively high but aslong as I can get onto the ladder before it is too late i dont care