If I rign every single football league club

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
p793
Veteran Member

If I rign every single football league club

Post by p793 » 30 Jun 2010, 20:30

Could I arrange training with the team/trial for them to take a look at my abilities. I am better than most of my friends who are in academys and even they say it aswell..anyway last night my dad vaguely knows an ex Man U reserve and he seen me play by chance.

He said he might be able to arrange some contacts but he also said that last time and didn't.

So incase he doesnt, I want to know if there is any possibility at all and if any of you have done it, I want to get into an academy urgently, don't want any delays..waiting for a call from him..waiting for my abilities to be perfect..etc

I'm 16 had 3 trials in my career. One age 7 one age 10 and 1 age 16.
All unsuccseful but now I feel so confident and ready after using a intense training routine I am much, much better than others.

I am planning on ringing every single club Blue Square - EPL. I will even move to anotehr country, I have family in numerous countrys I could live with. But that is a last resort option.
Last edited by p793 on 30 Jun 2010, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 30 Jun 2010, 20:37

Just do it. The worst that will happen is wasted time.

Even if we tell you they won't pick up the phone, do you have another option? If not, then start calling.

You want something? Go get it because it's not going to come to you, and most likely it still won't be easy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywuse55qU2A
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 30 Jun 2010, 21:25

Thanks, great reply, like you said I should just do it. So tommorow morning, after training, I will prepare some main points to include and then I will start the phone calls. I have already gathered about 50 numbers.
You're right. I have to make my own luck and be pro-active.
I will keep you updated on the situtation

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 01 Jul 2010, 00:00

You could also just send out your cv to every football club you can think of. I'm sure they would prefer it this way because the manager probably doesn't have time to take phone calls.

If you do call make sure you ask for the youth team manager. It may be a good idea to actually know the guys name and ask to speak to him directly.

If you send out your cv put "attention youth team manager (use the guys name instead of youth team manager) on the envelope.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 01 Jul 2010, 13:38

Don't bother calling they are going to tell you to send your cv through email and they will pass it on. I just tried calling a bunch of clubs to try and get trials for a friend.

It may be different for academy but I don't know. You may have success calling and asking about academy trials. Some clubs even have the youth manager's phone number on the website.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 01 Jul 2010, 17:14

I have been so busy today I hav'nt had the time to call any clubs. I have had to go to passport office, bank, and school.
Which clubs did you ring?
I dont have a football CV. Will they bother even looking at that?
I am gunna phone up some clubs regardless though.
How old are you btw? Because were you ringing about 1st team trials?

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 01 Jul 2010, 17:53

p793 wrote:I have been so busy today I hav'nt had the time to call any clubs. I have had to go to passport office, bank, and school.
Which clubs did you ring?
I dont have a football CV. Will they bother even looking at that?
I am gunna phone up some clubs regardless though.
How old are you btw? Because were you ringing about 1st team trials?
Your going to need a CV with all your football info past clubs, any awards, etc. They need to see a CV and yes they will look at it otherwise they won't know anything about you. Your not going to talk to the manager or anything the receptionist will answer the phone and give you an email to send your CV to.

I was calling on behalf of a friend and they all said to email them his CV. I called some blue square premier and league two clubs.

What part of the country do you live in? To play for an academy you have to live within a certain distance from the academy.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 15 Jul 2010, 14:18

Arsenal- is that true for every club? I thought it was just for EPL academys? As at a recent trial there was players from up and down the country?

Anyway you were right, I rang numerous clubs and they all wanted a copy of my CV. I got my brother who has a degree in English to help me present it very well and have sent it to numerous clubs so things may be promising.

Basically what you need to do is, ring receptionist for the club, ask her about the email adress for a trial and then send her it and they will get back to you.

I feel pretty down right now though beause some clubs have just said "right..you have just finished your gcses? which club did you play for before your last trial? oh...well we couyld have a ook at your cv so send it in the post....." but i feel like they think I mustnt be good enough if I havnt played for an academy already. sigh......

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 15 Jul 2010, 15:00

p793 wrote:Arsenal- is that true for every club? I thought it was just for EPL academys? As at a recent trial there was players from up and down the country?

Anyway you were right, I rang numerous clubs and they all wanted a copy of my CV. I got my brother who has a degree in English to help me present it very well and have sent it to numerous clubs so things may be promising.

Basically what you need to do is, ring receptionist for the club, ask her about the email adress for a trial and then send her it and they will get back to you.

I feel pretty down right now though beause some clubs have just said "right..you have just finished your gcses? which club did you play for before your last trial? oh...well we couyld have a ook at your cv so send it in the post....." but i feel like they think I mustnt be good enough if I havnt played for an academy already. sigh......
I'm pretty sure its for all football league academies until you turn 16 or something. They don't want the kids to be going farther than 1 hour away from their home.

To get into a football league academy you do have to be good and tbh they'll probably want to see that you've played at a high level (center of excellence, youth academy, england schoolboys, etc).

Maybe even try some Ryman and Unibond clubs, yes its far down but football is football. A lot of kids on youth teams down there progress quickly into the first team.

Also look for something like this http://www.southportfc.net/Youth/Footba ... fault.aspx a lot of teams are teaming up with local colleges and doing this. You still get to study but also turn out for a clubs youth team.

These trials have already passed but it wouldn't hurt to maybe email your cv and see if they need anymore players. http://www.ketteringtownfc.co.uk/story.php?story_id=457

http://www.gateshead.ac.uk/page.asp?id=813 another college football thing. just to get an idea.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 15 Jul 2010, 15:09

Thanks, the thing is though, I know I am good enough to be in an acadmey...
I play with academy players all the time that are my age.
but my history doesnt sound too appealing. :(
I just need one more chance to prove it

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 15 Jul 2010, 17:39

You could try something like football cv