Best of EF

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 06 Jun 2010, 15:41

klc123 wrote:Ok make my squat obsolete until I do a free weight one.
I think you'll be surprised how big of a difference it is! Not saying it in a way to be a dick, but I think it'll make you realize how "wrong" the trainer was about the similarity of the two exercises is. If not, then good on you!

I meant that it says a lot about your character that you saw someone with a higher score than you and instantly thought it was invalid. Id understand if i had posted something close to breaking a world record. As for posting the video to rub in your face, I wouldn't do that to anyone, nor would i sink to your level of immaturity by trying to show off how good I am.
I see. No, it's just would have been a crazy good stat to the affect of being "unbelievable" mostly because you're not a powerlifter. I say that because while strength is important you cannot give 100% into it since you have conditioning\skill training too so naturally you should be weaker than powerlifters of the same weight.

I said to rub it in my face because I think we have similar personalities. I hate being told I cannot do something especially if I know I can. So, because of that I just wanted to let you know, I'm willing to accept the "consequences" of calling you out like a man. If you don't want to thats cool too though!

Soccerjj: Don't bother with a stat for the squat for me. I don't really feel like taking part in this... If someone is interested though I'd be willing to do certain parts of it just to compare.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

soccerjj

Post by soccerjj » 06 Jun 2010, 15:51

Icy i will put the stat up anyway i know you dont want to take part but your a member of ef and i know one of your stats and we will all be able to compare ourselves to you, so i will put it up anyway.

Oh and i know you dont want to take part and do all the tests but if there is one or two you know off the top of your head just mention them. :D

Finally how long did it take you to work up to a 136kg squat?

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 06 Jun 2010, 17:30

To be honest I completely agree with you Icy, we both are very similar personalities and to be honest, I was always a jerk to you and many other people on this forum before i decided to "grow up" so I don't hold anything against you for speaking to me in any way you choose to, you have a right to.

In terms of powerlifting, I currently am not doing as much cardio exercise, ive decided to start from stratch so I'm in perfect shape for the return-trail next year, and I think the best way to do that would be to build up strength and speed and ball skills over the majority of the year, and then build on endurance midway through the year. What do you think?

I know this is the mother of all ironies, especially as ive been a c**t before to you, but if you wouldn't mind could you give me some training advice? I'm currently looking into the best possible method to improve speed (I want to break the 12 second barrier by a large margin, if possible maybe even be nearly at the 11 second barrier.) and to improve on my overall strength. I'm going to post another massive topic on weight training in a few minutes so reply on there.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 06 Jun 2010, 18:28

11.1 is ridiculous.. 12.1 is an average speed in most competitive football teams.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 06 Jun 2010, 21:09

Yes Panch, 12.1 was my last accurate timed run, 1 and a half years ago.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 07 Jun 2010, 11:18

soccerjj wrote:Icy i will put the stat up anyway i know you dont want to take part but your a member of ef and i know one of your stats and we will all be able to compare ourselves to you, so i will put it up anyway.

Oh and i know you dont want to take part and do all the tests but if there is one or two you know off the top of your head just mention them. :D

Finally how long did it take you to work up to a 136kg squat?
ha, whatever makes you happy man. :P Eh, I don't know any of the stats as of even semi-recent. If you want I could do that 60 second push up thing today..

Idk how long it took to "work up" to it. I did the 136kg after a month of going to the gym. I was going as a way to prep my knee for agility drills again after knee surgery. That type of gym work is boring (to me). Better ways for me to achieve the strength I need and that fits in with my other training.

Juice

Post by Juice » 07 Jun 2010, 12:16

omg people, all this because he squats 430lbs and does 100m in 12sec... Hahah If that is what he says he can do, then believe him, plus if he is lying the only person his really tricking is himself..
Instead of criticizing him put on your own stats, remember the purpose of this thread!

And btw, I run 100m in about 11.5 and can squat about 400lbs, im 17yr. So I guess that its not impossible to squat 430...

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Jun 2010, 12:45

When was the last 100m you done juice?

I'm curious because, that 12.1 i clocked was over a year ago, I'm fairly confident I would be able to break into the 11 second barrier now, but it's a question of how far that matters I guess, Its a dream for me to run a -11 second dash, as that's not far off like Olympic speed.

Juice

Post by Juice » 07 Jun 2010, 13:09

klc123 wrote:When was the last 100m you done juice?

I'm curious because, that 12.1 i clocked was over a year ago, I'm fairly confident I would be able to break into the 11 second barrier now, but it's a question of how far that matters I guess, Its a dream for me to run a -11 second dash, as that's not far off like Olympic speed.
I did it this winter, but I am 100%sure that I can do a little bit faster faster, because at that time I had just recovered from a groin injury that put me out for like a month, so I were a bit unfit and also scared to injure myself again.

Im sure you could run 11-, its all about you're training. You be surprised how optimized your speed could become with the right exercises and also by doing them with a CORRECT form..

Me myself dont want to do it again right now, Iv decided to focus on my speed this summer, I will work hard all summer and then do a test again in september. However I will work on "football speed" (changing derection, speed with/without ball etc..)
And also Good luck ! :D

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 07 Jun 2010, 13:14

Juice wrote:omg people, all this because he squats 430lbs and does 100m in 12sec... Hahah If that is what he says he can do, then believe him, plus if he is lying the only person his really tricking is himself..
Instead of criticizing him put on your own stats, remember the purpose of this thread!

And btw, I run 100m in about 11.5 and can squat about 400lbs, im 17yr. So I guess that its not impossible to squat 430...

For the record, the reason I pointed it out is because at his weight, and the primary goal of performance in football a 430lb squat is very impressive. Impossible? Certainly not by any means. I'm sure people who focus on powerlifting can get that at his weight(I know one..). His focus of football training > pling is the impressive part to it.

How much do you weight out of curiousity? Either way I'd be interested in seeing a video.

Juice

Post by Juice » 07 Jun 2010, 13:53

Haha to be honest, I dont really know, around 75kg I guess..

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 23 Jun 2010, 19:27

This looks awesome I will do my tests tomorrow, but I have not trained properly in 2 month (broken ribs and GCSE'S)

soccerjj

Post by soccerjj » 23 Jun 2010, 19:43

Good i was waiting for some others to post i also have more improvements which i will give later.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 23 Jun 2010, 20:46

I haven't done most of these but I'll put in what I do know and add the rest in gradually.

Bodyweight: 125 lbs :(

30 meter sprint: ?

100 meter sprint: ? (14.1 seconds 2 years ago but obviously faster now)

Arrowhead Agility drill : ?

Standing Long Jump: ?

Standing Vertical Jump: 21 inches

Push- ups in a minute: 65, i think. i'll try again tonight

Bleep Test: 13.12

Yo-Yo test: ?

Squat 1rm: ?

Squat 1rm to bodyweight: ?

Bench Press 1rm: 2x125lbs (supposedly equals 131lbs 1rm)

Bench Press 1rm to bodyweight: 1.048

Chin ups in a row: atleast 15, i'll try again later this week

CR9 Speed test: ?

Cesc Challenge: ?

Tevez ignite challenge: ?

13 Meter out instep drives out of 20 shots: ?

soccerjj

Post by soccerjj » 23 Jun 2010, 21:08

Ok scott

i will Put them all up apart from chins and push ups.