Best of EF

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Juicygriot17

Post by Juicygriot17 » 05 Jun 2010, 18:36

haha sorry, i meant 120 lbs which is like 54 kg, i probably could do more but i dont wanna overdo it

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 05 Jun 2010, 18:44

Look up videos of the world record squat by the way, they very rarely get close to parallel, never mind touching the ground.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ndMpHZTiuY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZp0PzNrZLU

Need more? And yes, they don't go ATG because that isn't in the rule of it. Parallel is a MUST for it to count as a record though.
I squat parallel and that's what I'm comfortable with, I'm not gonna go injure myself by trying to go ATG.
You won't inure yourself going ATG unless you think you'll keep number like that when you start.
And even if I was gay enough to video myself lifting weights, I wouldn't send it to anyone, nor would i rub it in your face. Grow up please.
I'm thrown off by this statement. First, how is videoing yourself lifting weights "gay"? Secondly, why do I need to "grow up" because I'd like to see you do something I feel is, in essence, too impressive to be true?
Just out of interest, how much do you squat? because if its less than 195 then that raises some serious questions about the type of character you are...
I've never done my 1RM (as of recent), but when I was going to the gym I was repping 300 for 5x5 ATG. How does how much someone lifts relate to their character? Enlighten me.

BTW is a smith machine the thing where it is like two uprights and a pole in between and you put what weight you want on it? Because that's not what i do my squats on, we have a squat machine in my gym that is more like a vertical leg press although the trainer in the gym said it does the exact same load as a normal squad, it just doesn't put a bar across your back and makes it easier to load weights on.
Yes that's a smith machine. Wait, if you're doing it on what I am picturing than no wonder your number is so high... I remember posting ridiculous numbers on something like that too

Also, the trainer is full of sh*t.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 05 Jun 2010, 18:57

This is a smith Machine, without a Doubt it makes things easier: I've done it with both and I can do like 15-20 more pounds with this device.

You are suppose to squat parrallel klc, icy didn't say you are suppose to go below parallel, he said he thinks you are not getting to parralel. If you don't hit parralel on the other hand, the squat is invalid.

If you can look up videos of people squating, on youtube, then why are you gay to upload a video of you squating? Is everybody else in youtube that posts a video of em squating gay? I don't see anything wrong/gay with it.

KLC the reason everybody is so surprised with that, is because I personally weight 40 more pounds than you, yet I can squat half of what you do, and i've been lifting for 2 yearss, Im quite weak, but at the same time in my 2 years I haven't seen 1 person that weights 135ish, lift more than 350. Not to mention your age. Sorry dude, but its really incredible.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 05 Jun 2010, 19:02

While I don't squat near as much as anybody here, I can say that on the Smith machine I can get a fair amount more weight. I also would like to see that video KLC. I'm not doubting you, because my dad used to squat ridiculous amounts of weight (he reached near 900 lbs, he has played rugby for 30 years), but it does seem extremely heavy for someone of your weight.

Also, I disagree that videoing yourself is gay. It is a way to get criticism and to learn what you're doing wrong. Am I gay for posting my shots on goal?
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 05 Jun 2010, 19:15

Evan wrote:Am I gay for posting my shots on goal?
Well we weren't going to say anything but......

And I have to say I know people how lift those types of weights but they are all older and heavier than yourself. Doesn't mean you can't though, but i understand people thinking it's false.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 05 Jun 2010, 19:32

It's probably sarcasm, but I can't really tell. If it's not, then please forgive me for trying to improve a bit. :?
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 05 Jun 2010, 19:33

Evan wrote:
It's probably sarcasm, but I can't really tell. If it's not, then please forgive me for trying to improve a bit. :?
it was sarcasm

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 05 Jun 2010, 19:46

Figured as much. Disregard the post. :D

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 05 Jun 2010, 19:53

haha evan are vacations making you slow or what?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 05 Jun 2010, 21:00

Posting shots looking for constructive critism is not gay by any means, that is smart.

I have no issue with my squatting technique however, and I'm happy going parallel and back up without going further to the ground, me posting a video of myself would be 100% showing off and trying to be impressive, when I for one don't consider 195 to be that much.

Panchester, i fully understand you for doubting me, to be honest i didn't think i could do it. But look at how weak my arms are, I bet you can bench maybe twice as much as I can. Last time I went to the hospital (year ago) I was told i had a body fat percentage of roughly 3-4%, which is extremely low, there isn't a lot of me but what there is packs a punch, even though its all in my legs.

This is basically what I done it on, same sort of design and mechanism. I was told that the fact that it is completely vertical compensates for it been mechanised, so its the same as squatting.

If the case is that that is making it much more easier then tell me how much i should knock off my score, maybe 10kg? But i was told its compensated to be the same as normal squatting, its just easier to use.

Even if you knocked 20kg off my squat though, i still think thats not a bad score for someone my age. If it means anything, i've been doing resistance training on my legs for 6 years now.

soccerjj

Post by soccerjj » 05 Jun 2010, 22:52

cheers KLC for being the first to post your stats ive just got a few questions/comments.
LOL nah thats accurate Wink

Should be 11.1, thanks for pointing out.

EDIT: Changed it to 12.1, i'm offically a jackass tbh. :L
Okay firstly whichever it is it amazing but which is it? For now im going to assume it is 12.1 as 11.1 would be ridiculously good.
Standing Vertical Jump: American footballers seriously jump taller than Basketballers? :s Didn't do this perfectly accurate, the wall was inside and I touched the ceiling so it could be anything from around 5 cm higher... 68 cm which is roughly 27.2 inches.
Im going to wait till you get an accurate measurment and if you think about it firstly most basketball players are tall enough to dunk whithout a massive vertical and secondly in american football being good physically is a lot more important than being good technically and they are all beasts so naturally they will have a massive vertical.

Squat 1rm: 195Kg which is about 429 pounds.

Squat 1rm to bodyweight: 3.095
KlC the machine im sorry but the machine you use to squat is nothing at all like a proper squat and although im sure the amount is high you use im am 100% sure the amount you can squat is a lot less than what you can do on that machine.

Just think about it for a second if your squat to bodyweight really was that high you would have almost the same squat to bodyweight ration as Ben Johnson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCh5QswxQ6k

And you would have a higher ratio than vernon Davis who has a 42 inch vertical.

First picture

http://www.encorept.com/site/articles.php?currentId=46
Chin ups in a row: Really bad lol, 17.
You must be joking if you are doing full proper reps how is 17 a bad score?

For everybody else smith machine benches and squats are not like free weight ones so when you post your stats make sure it is with free weights! (Oh and if anyone wants my opininon i think squating ATG or parallel free weights if you use good technique and dont overload is safer than using Smith machine)

(Squats must be PARALLEL or lower and bench must almost touch chest)

Juicygriot17
well i cant do my maximum until i stop growin, because i dont wanna try and mess up and stunt my growth. (i kno it doesnt but with bad form i think it can) im like 145 and ive only gone up to 120 in free weights
Thats not bad for a 14 year old, who dosnt do much weights.

Icy
I've never done my 1RM (as of recent), but when I was going to the gym I was repping 300 for 5x5 ATG. How does how much someone lifts relate to their character? Enlighten me.
Finally someone else who does ATG. :D

I will put 300 lbs down as your 1 rep max.

I will start up the leaderboard on my first post now if i can edit it.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 05 Jun 2010, 23:14

Do you guys think we should replace Chin-ups with Pull-ups?

Chin-ups are with the palms towards you: easier

Pull-ups are with the palms facing away from you: harder
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 06 Jun 2010, 03:37

pickyourheadup wrote:Do you guys think we should replace Chin-ups with Pull-ups?

Chin-ups are with the palms towards you: easier

Pull-ups are with the palms facing away from you: harder
Well they work different parts of your upper body.

If I am not mistaken, chin ups work your arms more whereas pull ups work your back more.

soccerjj

Post by soccerjj » 06 Jun 2010, 10:25

I think chin-ups and pull- ups are quite similar but pull-ups do need slightly more back and are slightly harder.

Here are my stats.

General

Bodyweight: 58 kg (risng all the time i have gained 5 kg in last 5 weeks nearly all muscle)

Speed

30 meter sprint: 5.14 sec (This was ages ago.)

100 meter sprint: 14.97 sec ( i know im quicker than this and am getting quicker)

Explosive Power

Standing Long Jump: 2.22 meters

Standing Vertical Jump: 19 inches

Endurance

Push- ups in a minute: 30

Bleep Test: 11.6 ( ages ago)

Strength

Squat 1rm: 65kg

Squat 1rm to bodyweight: 1.12*bw

Bench Press 1rm: 45kg ( i actually did this for 5 reps so my 1 rm is probably higher)

Bench Press 1rm to bodyweight: 0.78*bw

Chin ups in a row: 8

Technical

Tevez ignite challenge: 47 sec ( Got confused as to where to go)

13 Meter out instep drives out of 20 shots:

Strong Foot: 6 shots into corner (toes were hurting this is poor)
Weak Foot: Not done yet

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 06 Jun 2010, 15:10

Ok make my squat obsolete until I do a free weight one.

100 metre time is 12.1 to confirm, i was saying i was a jackass for changing to 11.1 and getting it wrong again. And lol you think that's fast? that was done over a year ago.

As for the chin ups, that isn't a lot by my standards, one of my friends who benches quite a lot more than me can do 22 in a row and he is the same age as me.

If you can do 45k 5 reps Id say you could do at least 50k-55k 1rm.

Reply to icy:

I meant that it says a lot about your character that you saw someone with a higher score than you and instantly thought it was invalid. Id understand if i had posted something close to breaking a world record. As for posting the video to rub in your face, I wouldn't do that to anyone, nor would i sink to your level of immaturity by trying to show off how good I am. I thought the purpose of this thread was to see how everyone was doing and so we can see how people improve and what level everyone is on, not a competition of who has the biggest cock sort of atmosphere.