What would be the process if I wanted to go play in Spain?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
panchester07
Veteran Member

What would be the process if I wanted to go play in Spain?

Post by panchester07 » 24 Jan 2010, 22:39

Yeah - I know this is a weird question, and no Im not asking for Pep Guardiolas phone number to ask him for a triall...

What I am asking is the following..
-Im 17..
-I feel im good enough NOW, but in a few years, when im 20, the people my age will be complete pros.. not players in the making..
- I play the reserves of Chepo F.C. a local team in my profesional league..

I really want to cross the ocean and play in Europe, I understand I cant play anywhere else than Spain because im dont have a passport or whatever..

Ive called people, ive sent messages, ive emailed schools, and I havent gotten a clear answer....

What does a 17 year old kid, that considers him self good enough have to do to obtain a tryout in Spain?

Physically go there, well duh, but just knock on the doors and ask for a trial?

Any help would be appretiated, because really im feeling the need for growth, and been looking for answers but havent got them...

I saw the Luton Town trial, and was wondering if anything similar..

I event went to Fifa 2010, and typed every team name in google and searched if they had trials.. The answer was no..

Any advice?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 24 Jan 2010, 22:48

My advice isn't the most secure way, but just do it man. What do you have to lose? If you honestly want this more than anything the decision would be easy, and you probably wouldn't be asking this. If you don't want this more than anything, then focus one playing for fun and get a safe and secure job.

You honestly need to be willing to risk anything for this, or there is little chance you'll reach the "big leagues"
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 24 Jan 2010, 22:54

You need to get stuff together before you just pack up and go to another country. You need to think of where your going to stay, food, money, public transportation etc.

You can't just call or email clubs and ask for a trial. It doesn't work that way. You'd be lucky if they even responded to your email or letter. Most players are scouted at tournaments.

Your best bet is to get an agent. They can market you and line up trials. They have connections. If you have a way to pay for it is your best option.

Spain isn't the only country. You can try Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Poland. They don't have any foreign restrictions.

You could try getting onto an amateur team and work your way up. They would be more willing to at least give you a trial if you wrote them.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 24 Jan 2010, 23:01

Icy wrote:My advice isn't the most secure way, but just do it man. What do you have to lose? If you honestly want this more than anything the decision would be easy, and you probably wouldn't be asking this. If you don't want this more than anything, then focus one playing for fun and get a safe and secure job.

You honestly need to be willing to risk anything for this, or there is little chance you'll reach the "big leagues"
With all due respect ( i like you and all), but there a different between passion and stupidity.. There needs to be a balance between both, there needs to be plan, and an outline... Passion you need when training, when playing etc.. But just jumping on a plane and arriving in to spain with no plans would be a waste of money, time (all I trained for nothing), and a huge motivation kill......
You need to get stuff together before you just pack up and go to another country. You need to think of where your going to stay, food, money, public transportation etc.

You can't just call or email clubs and ask for a trial. It doesn't work that way. You'd be lucky if they even responded to your email or letter. Most players are scouted at tournaments.

Your best bet is to get an agent. They can market you and line up trials. They have connections. If you have a way to pay for it is your best option.

Spain isn't the only country. You can try Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Poland. They don't have any foreign restrictions.

Thanks arsenal, Ill look for agents.. I personally want to go to Spain, language, culture, etc.. But you know what, im not gonna get picky all take what I can..

Luckily, imo, I have the hardest part down, which is the level (IMO i repeat).. And you know what, im gonna stay playing, keep training, and fudge, eventually it will come.. As the days pass my level gets better, so my chances rise..

You guys will see, one day youll be watching me in the TV..

And I know this is a sh*t attitude but if something happens and I dont make it, I still would wanna get all my coaching licenses and coach football.. Thats how inlove I am.. :)

For now though, Im gonna take this challenge day by day, train everyday, and get as good as I can, and get an agent, we will see what happens :)

Thanks all... More answers welcome .. Any link would be fantastic !

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 24 Jan 2010, 23:07

I found 1 FIFA registered agent in Panama.

Gabriel Florea

Address

Quintas de Monticello A-22
San Miguelito
CIUD DE PANAMA

gabrieljff@yahoo.com
Tel:+507/612 6932
Mobile:+507/266 3830

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federatio ... n=pan.html

If you email him make sure you email is professional sounding, nothing childish. Tell him about yourself and send him a soccer resume with club teams played for, awards won, stats, references from coaches.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 24 Jan 2010, 23:14

arsenalfc08 wrote:I found 1 FIFA registered agent in Panama.

Gabriel Florea

Address

Quintas de Monticello A-22
San Miguelito
CIUD DE PANAMA

gabrieljff@yahoo.com
Tel:+507/612 6932
Mobile:+507/266 3830

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federatio ... n=pan.html

If you email him make sure you email is professional sounding, nothing childish. Tell him about yourself and send him a soccer resume with club teams played for, awards won, stats, references from coaches.
Bless you.. Im going to email that guy soon.. And Ill post here how that goes..

Arsenal, your one of a kind :)

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 24 Jan 2010, 23:15

Yeah you want to make sure the email you send him is as clear as possible, use proper grammar and everything, even get someone to read through it to see what they think (someone who has experience of sending and receiving letters)
i was made to ignite

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 24 Jan 2010, 23:20

With all due respect ( i like you and all), but there a different between passion and stupidity.. There needs to be a balance between both, there needs to be plan, and an outline... Passion you need when training, when playing etc.. But just jumping on a plane and arriving in to spain with no plans would be a waste of money, time (all I trained for nothing), and a huge motivation kill......
You focus too much on having everything perfect before doing something. This is not going to happen, and get you no where. You're right, I didn't say everything that should be done, but it's obvious stuff that you already know. You're going to have to take a leap of faith.

How many things in life have you waited for to come to you and it happened? If you haven't gotten what you want in life yet, you need to change something.

I understand people think differently on topics like this, and it looks like we are a perfect example. Seriously though, you need to change something isn't in the works right now to get you where you are. Continuing to wait around is going to leave you exactly where you are.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 24 Jan 2010, 23:27

mint wrote:Yeah you want to make sure the email you send him is as clear as possible, use proper grammar and everything, even get someone to read through it to see what they think (someone who has experience of sending and receiving letters)
Very true. I also wanted to add about your email name. Please please please make it professional sounding. Nothing like soccerpimp24. If you need to make an email soley for correspondence with the agent and any teams. If your going to do this your best bet is just to use your name. If your only using it to send email to one person it should be safe. If not then something like your first name and your jersey number.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 24 Jan 2010, 23:39

Icy wrote:
You focus too much on having everything perfect before doing something. This is not going to happen, and get you no where. You're right, I didn't say everything that should be done, but it's obvious stuff that you already know. You're going to have to take a leap of faith.

How many things in life have you waited for to come to you and it happened? If you haven't gotten what you want in life yet, you need to change something.

I understand people think differently on topics like this, and it looks like we are a perfect example. Seriously though, you need to change something isn't in the works right now to get you where you are. Continuing to wait around is going to leave you exactly where you are.
Im not waiting dude.. Its not like I can click a button and be in Spain.. I understand that you have to go for it, and you are right about this, but for now theres nothing I can do.. Plus, you dont skin a bear before you hunt it.. The trip wouldnt be for another 6 month any how.. It would have to be in my break from school.. Your obsessing over this idea, not only that, your worrying about it, I dont need to worry, I need planification and logic things to do.. When the time comes, the leap of faith will be taken.. For now, the smart thing to do would be to keep getting better, yes things will never be perfect, but its not like im gonna sit on my ass and say things are never gonna be perfect so why worry..

Im trying to do things smart, because im literally going all in on this one.. And I wanna make it worth.. Once I get a trial, evidence, materialization of my dream, then Ill take this leap of faith.. For now the best thing imo, is to keep it realistic though, keep going to school, keep training, keep studying..

Anyhow, any answer from you is a good answer so thanks Icy.. And I understand your concept, a little bit of your mentality with mine would be the perfect way to think.. Planification and then taking risks.. Too many of each would only be negative if you ask me..
mint wrote:
Yeah you want to make sure the email you send him is as clear as possible, use proper grammar and everything, even get someone to read through it to see what they think (someone who has experience of sending and receiving letters)

Very true. I also wanted to add about your email name. Please please please make it professional sounding. Nothing like soccerpimp24. If you need to make an email soley for correspondence with the agent and any teams. If your going to do this your best bet is just to use your name. If your only using it to send email to one person it should be safe. If not then something like your first name and your jersey number.
Thanks you two.. And thats obvious arsenal :wink: , Im not gonna have something like cool_boy007@nickelodeon.com... Ill use my college email so its proffessional.. And yes Ill right a serious letter..

:wink:

terminator

Post by terminator » 25 Jan 2010, 08:38

Why don't you try to wait and make it into the senior team of your club?
Also, do you play in the national team yet? Just my opinion, but I think it would be better if you make it into your national team first before going overseas.
You will be able to play in international tournaments and get maximum exposure if you are in any national team.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 25 Jan 2010, 10:20

@Terminator - From my understanding of talking to him he is definitely working hard to get to the senior team. This is definitely a good first step before going to Spain. Getting on the national team may pose to be a greater problem though by staying in Panama. While I don't know for sure, but I doubt that it has the type of competition needed to get to the level of playing for the national team. Not to say it's impossible, but sometimes the easiest route is to just find\play in higher competition leagues.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 25 Jan 2010, 11:12

terminator wrote:Why don't you try to wait and make it into the senior team of your club?
Also, do you play in the national team yet? Just my opinion, but I think it would be better if you make it into your national team first before going overseas.
You will be able to play in international tournaments and get maximum exposure if you are in any national team.
Thats a good question.. I will surely stay here before, I get a trial if I do..
But permanently stay here isnt really a strong option for me..
1) No one can live off the salary, my mom and dad now this..
2) It is tradition, and the highly recommeneded thing to do is that by my 2nd, 3rd year of Law Studies I get a job, or atleast LEAN the balance more towards my professional career.
3) The mentality is stay in the bench (or not called) untill your 22, and then start getting playing time..
4) I could get called for the U-17 and the U-20 national team, but since I play for the reserves of the pros, I dont get exposure in any of these categoris..
5) I just feel the need to expand really.. I dont want to stay here, I think im better than just a water boy, and I think if I dont grow now, when Im 20-21 and I do start playing some quality time, the competition in Europe will be to good.....
6) I believe these years 17-22 to be key, in the development of a player..

Those are my reasons, I think ive reached the comfort zone in this team, and they dont see that im doing better, they have a long-term plan for me.. And that doesnt work for me....

Though it is my plan B

opinions?

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 25 Jan 2010, 13:07

my opinion is dont pay for an agent. Everyone here is telling you to but dont... because any real agent is free. He will work off comissions and will only make money when you sign or stuff.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 25 Jan 2010, 15:56

mufc21 wrote:my opinion is dont pay for an agent. Everyone here is telling you to but dont... because any real agent is free. He will work off comissions and will only make money when you sign or stuff.
This is very true. You need to do your homework before you sign with anyone. Anyone can be an agent. A dentist, secretary, teacher can be an agent. An agents job is to negotiate contracts that is basically all they do. Never pay someone upfront to represent you. Check them out. Talk to the guys on your team, the pros, and ask if anyone represents them.

Now to be on the fifa agent list you have to take a test through your countrys football/soccer association. So they guy I gave you did that. I would think that means he is serious about the profession because he did that. He isn't just some guy on the street saying he is an agent.

Also a lot of agents get a degree in sports managment to help them. An example would be this guy Lyle Yorks http://www.proactivesportsusa.com/about ... dex_E.html aka The Man. Seriously this guy is a legend he represents a lot of the USA national team guys and gets them all good contracts.