Luton Town Open Trials May 2010

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
MUFC1994
Veteran Member

I would use shakes for the following reasons....The shakes are fast absorbing and digest easier and faster

Fast absorption is important for post workout....

But bars are not a bad choice, but should only be used as a snack, not a meal or a post workout recovery thing...

Heres a more complete analysis:
http://www.mensgarage.com/health/supple ... in-shakes/
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

panchester07
Veteran Member

does anyone know why we have to eat so much protein so I can tell my mom the reason.. She thinks all these new era things im telling her are bulls**t and that I dont need them... i hate that mentality of her sometims i wanna punch her :)
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:does anyone know why we have to eat so much protein so I can tell my mom the reason.. She thinks all these new era things im telling her are bulls**t and that I dont need them... i hate that mentality of her sometims i wanna punch her :)
How many grams of protein does your trained want you to consume?
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

panchester07
Veteran Member

150-160 actually

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:150-160 actually
how much do you weigh?

And what is your goal for consuming all this protein? :?
-Endurance
-Strength
-Recovery
Last edited by MUFC1994 on 17 Jan 2010, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

soccerjj

Cristiano does 3000 sit ups everyday to keep fit.
I very highly doubt this. Its almost definately a rumor.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

soccerjj wrote:
Cristiano does 3000 sit ups everyday to keep fit.
I very highly doubt this. Its almost definately a rumor.
By Daily Star Reporter
FITNESS freak Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed the secret to his toned body – he does 3,000 sit-ups a day.

Ronaldo, 24, used to thrash Manchester United mates in sit-up contests, according to a Spanish newspaper.

A source said of the Real Madrid winger: “He can spend well over an hour every day toning his abs, sometimes while watching telly.”

2brown347
Veteran Member

To help with the "does fagsamo 3000 do 3000 sit ups a day" debate. It's possible, Bruce Lee would do sit ups for hours, but look at Bruce Lee's abs compared to fagsamos and I say I doubt it.

klc123
Veteran Member

Ronaldo has probably got bigger ab's than bruce lee. I would still rather be in a fight with ronaldo though.

And rofl, hate to break it to you, but the daily star makes up so many stories, its almost impossible to trust anything they say, they are complete sensationalists, he may have said in a interview he does 3,000 as a joke and they would quote him for it.

Atleast 1 gram of protein for every pound you weigh.

You can't work out how much you weigh in callories.

Yes its a hard goal but i know people who have put on that much weight in less time with not as good work outs and diets as mine.

Tell your mum that having whey protein is proven to reduce risk of cancer due to it having lots of anti-oxidants in it and there are no down sides to protein supplements, unless you have more than you should be having, which is a big no no. If that isn't a good enough reason to convince her, buy it behind her back and ignor her.

panchester07
Veteran Member

man, I had this chat with her before going to the market..

She said "you try all kinds of crazy new things and they never work" .. Since your little brother was born "I have been struggling with weight loss and am now an expert in nutritioun"....... I just left it right there....

Im gonna save up 60$ and buy me some protein shakes.. I just bought cleats and ordered the new Rooney shirt so I was hoping she would help me out because I was lacking $$ but she is against all these "new discoveries".....

What I did get her to buy me is a litter of fat free milk a day :D.. So each glass is 11 grams of protein, and each litter is about 4 glasses.... So that is 44 grams right there, about 1/4 of my daily goal..

So ill try to eat plenty eggs, ham, cheese, peanut butter, meat, chicken, etc!

The only issue with the milk is a might have some serious farting issues :roll:

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote: And rofl, hate to break it to you, but the daily star makes up so many stories, its almost impossible to trust anything they say, they are complete sensationalists, he may have said in a interview he does 3,000 as a joke and they would quote him for it.
Shhh....They dont know that.... :lol: :wink: 8)

panchester07
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:
klc123 wrote: And rofl, hate to break it to you, but the daily star makes up so many stories, its almost impossible to trust anything they say, they are complete sensationalists, he may have said in a interview he does 3,000 as a joke and they would quote him for it.
Shhh....They dont know that.... :lol: :wink: 8)
I actually believe that, Ive read it somewhere else besides the daily star, and also ive not only heard that, ive heard jokes about him like that... I.E. "Well I gotta go, I still gotta do 1600 more sit ups today" ...

I think its true

2brown347
Veteran Member

Panchester lets be honest, skip the protein supplements and just start using steriods, you can look like this in no time
Everything klc recommends, muscles, clean cut, tan..ish, hell his shirt even has buttons :lol:

klc123
Veteran Member

"New Discoveries"

1. People have been using dietary changes so that they get more protein each day for absolute ages. The olympic russians were the first to start using its benefits for competetive sport, albeit some other substances too...

2. People used to think that telecommuniations would never catch on and that it was a mad idea when it first was invented. Now nearly every single person has a Mobile phone and the world would litterally stop working if the phones stopped working.

Im lucky because protein doesn't cost much here. 1kg tubs of powder only cost £12.

jonpollock

sorry to say it klc but if your tubs are costing £12 i seriously wouldnt trust em, all the good brands that i know of are £30 for small anywhere up to i think £80 i paid for one months supply of whey a few years ago.

if your talking about the ones argos or jjb sell i wouldnt go near em. you need a proper health food store or fitness store, or an online seller for them all.

panchester, we dont have to eat so much protein, you can survive on very little, think of vegetarians, you only eat high ammounts of protein to either keep your muscle as it is, or to gain more, yea it is proven that a certain ammount a day is beneficial for the body, but too much is also very harmful to it.

just tell your mum you need it to get stronger and better in football, if that dont work your screwed pal.
SigByMe