Luton Town Open Trials May 2010

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
soccer11
Admin

it's a little bit before your time but we used to have a user by the name of star who made it on the santos reserve team last i heard if (I remember correctly.) It was pretty big though.

Icy
Veteran Member

Yeah, that's what I remember too soccer11. I joined just before the end of his time here.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Magicfeet

I remember Star. And wasn't Goldenboots7 (was that his name?) doing pretty well in Portugal?

soccer11
Admin

I remember Goldenboots, I just don't remember his situation that well. He very well might have as he posted his teams picture on this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=348&highlight=pictures

JCDenton was playing at a pretty high level also

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:I remember Goldenboots, I just don't remember his situation that well. He very well might have as he posted his teams picture on this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=348&highlight=pictures

JCDenton was playing at a pretty high level also
He played with Sporting Braga in Portugal. Not sure where he is now. I think he was playing with their youth or reserves. He last logged in in 2006.

r9ronaldo
New User

hey guys u all seem the same as age group n situation as me so how come KNOWONE REPLIED TO MY GOD DAM THREAD I MADE ABOUT FOOTBALL CV....ha seriously tho i need sum feedback!!!!

Icy
Veteran Member

R9Ronaldo, I think the problem is none of us really know how good they are. I will tell you this though; Since reading about it in your post I'll be trying it out this year. So if you want to "waste" the one shot you have this year I can tell you after I go. :wink:

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Icy wrote:R9Ronaldo, I think the problem is none of us really know how good they are. I will tell you this though; Since reading about it in your post I'll be trying it out this year. So if you want to "waste" the one shot you have this year I can tell you after I go. :wink:
Icy sorry if I've asked before but what is your nationality? I ask because the you need an EU passport to be able to participate in the trials. Plus if you were to sign with a club they would require UK clearance which means you would need a passport. You may qualify if you get a visa which would be 6 months but it would be rare for a team to sign anyone if they were on a visa.

R9Ronaldo, I'm sure its just like any other trial. From what I've read on the site you play a 45 minute game and are divided up by age group. There have been a lot of success stories but you may have to go to more than one.

There is also a Football CV Academy. It sounds like anyone can attend. If your outside the UK you have to get a student visa can last the whole time your studying. However, you have to prove you can pay living expenses and tuition. The cost to study at a college through the CV academy is $33K. http://www.footballcvacademy.com/footba ... /index.asp
Last edited by arsenalfc08 on 06 May 2010, 20:41, edited 2 times in total.

klc123
Veteran Member

Had my training day today guys.

Went excellent in my opinion.

We done the cooper test, which I kinda mucked up because I got a decent result, but I didn't push myself as hard as I could have done, I was waiting for the coach to say a minute left and I was going to go for a sprint finish, and then it was over because I even got a chance to start putting the extra lengths in lol. Scored 9.9 laps in 12 minutes. Should have been 10+ if I done it properly though :(

For all the little ball work games I done well in however, I was one of the only players playing one touch football in the small sided passing exercises, and when it came to the 11 a side hour long game at the end, I was one of the only players to not get subbed. Didn't score, but I set up both my teams goals and put in a solid performance with lots of piercing passes out onto the wings to create chances.

However, we were told, most of the decision will be coming from how well I perform in the match tomorrow, so I am really hoping to be on fire tomorrow.

If any ones interested in the size/speed of the players here, it's nothing like what I expected. 16, one of the youngest players in my training squad, with most been 18 and some been 19, but I'm the second tallest of the group, being 6 foot tall, and I'm also the fastest out of the training squad by quite some margin. Hopefully my age, Height and speed will come into things and up my chances of getting a contract.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:Had my training day today guys.

We done the cooper test, which I kinda mucked up because I got a decent result, but I didn't push myself as hard as I could have done, I was waiting for the coach to say a minute left and I was going to go for a sprint finish, and then it was over because I even got a chance to start putting the extra lengths in lol. Scored 9.9 laps in 12 minutes. Should have been 10+ if I done it properly though :(

For all the little ball work games I done well in however, I was one of the only players playing one touch football in the small sided passing exercises, and when it came to the 11 a side hour long game at the end, I was one of the only players to not get subbed. Didn't score, but I set up both my teams goals and put in a solid performance with lots of piercing passes out onto the wings to create chances.

However, we were told, most of the decision will be coming from how well I perform in the match tomorrow, so I am really hoping to be on fire tomorrow.

If any ones interested in the size/speed of the players here, it's nothing like what I expected. 16, one of the youngest players in my training squad, with most been 18 and some been 19, but I'm the second tallest of the group, being 6 foot tall, and I'm also the fastest out of the training squad by quite some margin. Hopefully my age, Height and speed will come into things and up my chances of getting a contract.
Congrats KLC! Good luck in the game tomorrow. Getting 2 assists today is very good. If you can't score the next best thing is an assist.

Icy
Veteran Member

@arsenal - You sure about needing the EU passport to just participate? I tried to make this clear in an email to them I don't have one\or work visa and they responded no.

I do realize though that I wouldn't be able to sign with any clubs. But, I figured it would be a relatively cheap way to assess where I am at (level wise) even if there is no chance of signing. On that note I'd (hopefully) be able to get advice for where to improve my game from the scouts there So, not looking at it as an opportunity to "make it", but to assess my game in a cheap\organized way by outsiders.

Nice job so far Klc

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Icy wrote:@arsenal - You sure about needing the EU passport to just participate? I tried to make this clear in an email to them I don't have one\or work visa and they responded no.

I do realize though that I wouldn't be able to sign with any clubs. But, I figured it would be a relatively cheap way to assess where I am at (level wise) even if there is no chance of signing. On that note I'd (hopefully) be able to get advice for where to improve my game from the scouts there So, not looking at it as an opportunity to "make it", but to assess my game in a cheap\organized way by outsiders.

Nice job so far Klc
If they said you don't need one to participate then I guess you don't. I know for KLC's Luton trial it said anyone participating needed an EU passport. Football CV must be different.

klc123
Veteran Member

It wasn't really two assists of mine, it was more I picked up the ball, dribbled until the time was right before playing a piercing pass to one of the wingers for him to cross and someone to finish off.

Thanks anyway though guys, I guess I'll still receive credit from the coaches if they can see that I was the main person involved in the build up to the goals.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:It wasn't really two assists of mine, it was more I picked up the ball, dribbled until the time was right before playing a piercing pass to one of the wingers for him to cross and someone to finish off.

Thanks anyway though guys, I guess I'll still receive credit from the coaches if they can see that I was the main person involved in the build up to the goals.
Well either way you were involved which is good. Don't fear either I am finding a few clubs that are holding open tryouts for U18-U19 academy teams. We will find you a club KLC!

panchester07
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:
klc123 wrote:Had my training day today guys.

Congrats KLC! Good luck in the game tomorrow. Getting 2 assists today is very good. If you can't score the next best thing is an assist.
Good job KLC, and yeah, theres no way they're gonna tell you that the biggest day was the day that just passed, they wanna keep you motivated and thats why they said the most important day will be tomorow...

Anyway, good performance, if they didn't sub you then thats great news, they probably where taking a closing look at you.. You being young is an YES in their mind, and the fact that your the fastest only makes you a more complete and appealing player, they're thoughts should be some where along "this kid is fast, young, and a great player, it will be convenient for us to sign him cause we can work with him for a while, only bad thing is, that he's ugly as hell" :D But, seriously, young, fast, and good player are all PLUS and bonuses when it comes to making the final decision..

Hopefully tomorrow you can wrap it up and make them fall inlove with you with a great performance... No excuses .. Give it your all....

In fact don't even come back here if you didn't make the team! :twisted:
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'