Luton Town Open Trials May 2010

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
klc123
Veteran Member

If you are as good as you say you are, you don't need my help getting in.

I can't tell you what tests they will do, because they don't stick to the tests they say they will do, nor does every team do the same type of tests. Just make sure you can do everything and then nothing will be throwing you in the deep end.

The biggest piece of advise I can give anyone going to a trial, is to not play any differently from how you normally do just because it's a trial and it is more important. Once you start worrying about how you should be playing, you've already missed your chance to shine, and then you have no chance of getting in, regardless of how good you can or have played, because the judges at the trial can only see you play for a short amount of time, and if you don't show them what you can do, they won't know.

Just don't be nervous, play your game, be relaxed, and most importantly, enjoy every minute of it.

paddyirishman
New User

r9ronaldo wrote:a place called enfield its down south..............paddy yea we are sh*t i wont deny that......cork were a gr8 club ..the irish league is crap clubs folding left right and centre thats why i wanna leave!!!!did ne 1 from ur trial get trials?also was there many scouts there do you no like loads or just a few?
hey! i wudnt mind playin for bray! beats the sh*t shite im playing at the moment! do you lads get paid there? if you dont mind me asking. sum lads at cork were on E1000-E1500 a week! Can you imagine an irish league team paying that? No wonder we fu**ing folded! (i can hear the english lads laughing at the wages, compared to english clubs :lol: :lol: :lol: ) I know for sure a guy who was playing at left back got interest from accrington stanley, there was another guy who got interest as well from northwhich themselves, although not sure how it worked out for them. usually, id say there would be 7 or 8 scouts each representing their clubs at the trials. depends really, could be more than that, or less. Every trial is different. When you thinking of going man? OH! what a final day in the premier league! ne chelski supporters on here? Yee jammy bastards! :roll:

klc123
Veteran Member

fu** sake.

Played a match today.

Was on form, scored 5 goals.

First time I got the ball, 3 minutes in, one touch control and turn, next touch out into space, third, rifled the ball into the top right hand corner from 25 yards. I didn't even swing veraciously at the ball, just concentrated on perform instep form and the ball exploded off my foot for what I would say is the best strike I've ever done, ball didn't even more, no spin, just zoomed like an arrow straight into the corner.

Why can't I have played like that for the trial :cry:

Icy
Veteran Member

Don't beat yourself up over in man! It's done and over with, in fact your a different player now than you were the day of the trial. Can't compare the player of you from yesterday to the player of you today.

Keeping working hard, and you'll be more consistent (and overall better!).
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

klc123
Veteran Member

That's the thing, normally I am consistent, I normally play to the same quality/level every time I played, the trial was the worst I have played in years lol.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:That's the thing, normally I am consistent, I normally play to the same quality/level every time I played, the trial was the worst I have played in years lol.
It was your first trial you didn't know what to expect. Just do what the coach told you. Get on an 11v11 team. Try and find a semi-pro one and let Sunday League be your last resort. Look around asap as most club seasons are ending. You may be able to find a club and start with them during pre-season. That would be the best time to try and find a club as they are willing and looking for new players.

r9ronaldo
New User

paddy yea sum do get paid but those sort of days are long gone d most any1 gets paid at our club is about 250 id say..yea im really thinkin bout goin to d trials alltho i wud prefer it to be n sum sort of football league ground not a soccer goals centre the pitch wud prob be shite!!!!!there r sum arsenal and chelsea scouts goin but at 24 years old i think id be lookin for more league 2 n blue square confrence doubt d arsenal n chelsea scouts wud even wait around for the over 18 game ha!did u play ne 1st team football with cork city?

paddyirishman
New User

r9ronaldo wrote:paddy yea sum do get paid but those sort of days are long gone d most any1 gets paid at our club is about 250 id say..yea im really thinkin bout goin to d trials alltho i wud prefer it to be n sum sort of football league ground not a soccer goals centre the pitch wud prob be shite!!!!!there r sum arsenal and chelsea scouts goin but at 24 years old i think id be lookin for more league 2 n blue square confrence doubt d arsenal n chelsea scouts wud even wait around for the over 18 game ha!did u play ne 1st team football with cork city?
i think they do hang around, but you'd have to be really at your top level for them to take notice id say. yeah the major football grounds are great, id go for them, plus you get a bit of a lift just playing at them on the day. on the cork thing, well i got accepted into colaiste stiofain naofa soccer academy by liam murphy. (he was manager of city for three years 00-03) . spent 6 months at that, then i went to city. knocked around with the reserves for a while. the only first team football i played was coming on as a sub in second half injury time for 60 seconds. we were playing fc haka in the uefa cup quailifying stage. it was that short a time, i didnt even get credited as coming on in the match, if i did, i have'nt found it yet!

jonpollock

panchester07 wrote:By the way, did Jonpollock try out?
yea i did, going back in a couple weeks to sign my pre contract.

JOKE haha i did apply, but i pulled out.

i started going to gym to get in better shape, started doing boxing and training with mma guys, who push you to the limits for cardio, turns out i put on 20lbs of muscle and aint to bad with the whole mma thing.

footballs still there at weekends for me, but im better at mma then ever have been at football.
SigByMe