Luton Town Open Trials May 2010

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
paddyirishman
New User

yeah well! im certainly not one to talk, but the standard there is fairly poor. reminded me of my own sunday league! i remember asking one f d guys i was playin with on the day, was the standard always so poor. he said"yeah man! pretty sh*t " his words. he'd been to a few of them apparently. i just remember feeling sh*t myself after the trial, cause if id trained a bit better and approached things a bit differently, things might have worked out better 4 me! i thought d guys there were gonna b superstars r sumtin for some stupid reason.

panchester07
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:Thanks a lot man, you've given me a lot of support throughout the whole procedure and I am truly thankful for that, I'm just sorry I didn't meet expectations and let you guys down.

Thanks for the email on the trial for the elite academy, but now I've done this Luton one, I think the best thing would be for me to go away and train for a period of time and improve on everything as much as possible.

I won't make the same mistakes again hopefully, I was the only boy there today who was doing a trial for the first time, and many of them had been let go from many teams or been at different trials before, so now nerves shouldn't be an issue for me any more.
Not really, if you wanna do the "best thing", then definetly follow Arsenal's advice and bounce right back up, your in a high level, a week of training and you might be in the U-18's which will be fantastic for you, fix your mistakes, get your confidence right, and tryout again, if you miss this one you wont have a tryout till when? This trial is as good as the one that you just went to, or maybe even better, its JUST your age group, so that will be excellent for your development, and thats how most kids start.. Defintely try out May 12th is my advise, specially taking into consideration that you've been busting your balls as of lately, and you should be in one of the highest levels in your life, take advantage of that, train a bit harder these days, and try out for the U-18's ..

It will be better for your confidence, and footbalistically also.. They say the biggest glory is not in being up, but in rising everytime you fall, and what defines a good man, is not when he wins, but when he pushes through those hard days of frustration and dispair... This is your opportunity to do that.. I'd take it with out a doubt in my mind, then again, I don't have a EU passport, or live in Europe, but if I had a trial like this, I would try out NO DOUBT. Brush off your failure and try out..

Also about the shooting, don't think, just look at the point in the goal where you wanna place it, and boom... If your not hitting it then practice, with repetition and 50 shots a day in a week you're shooting will have improved loads, just focus, theres no reason and nothing in this world that can stop you from getting better if you just practice. I thought you had tackled this issue in February? I use to have doubts on shooting, and I dind't allow myslef to think, in that .5 second off space I have, between pushing the ball and running up to it, I'm focused on the point of the goal where I wanna put it, eventually, you'll start getting it right, and right, and your confidence will allow you to score often.. Just practice.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

I can shoot when I think about it, but once I start rushing myself and putting pressure on myself with worries, all thought about the shot goes out the window and I just fu** it up lol.

I would love to go on may 12. But my mum and dad won't let me. I've got A level exams coming up soon so I don't have a lot of say in the matter, I was relatively lucky they allowed me to do the Luton Trial.

Here is basically what my Dad has said. He wants me to keep on playing football and to enjoy it. He wants me to focus on school for the next few months, because my exams are important, but he also said that I should carry on training from now as if I had just got into the Luton team, doing loads of work myself at home and improving on myself all of the time. The one advantage I have got, is that in a years time, I'll still be one year younger than some of the other people at the Luton Trial, but I will have more experience and much more practise under my belt. I'm also going to join a Sunday league team, so I get regular 11 a side matches, so I am improving on all aspects of my game, and not just short passing and shot accuracy.

What do you guys think?

r9ronaldo
New User

hi klc i no im only new here but i do play semi pro so i do feel i can offer u some advice.....if ur only 16 do not join a sunday league team...join a good u 18 team i can guarantee you a good u18 team is better than a sunday league team and you will improve more..most sunday league teams just hoof it and dont wont do you any good...the good thing about the trial is you no now where you have to improve on but one thing i would say is it should not take you a full year to improve with some hard work 4-5 times a week 6 months and you should be flying!!!!

r9ronaldo
New User

paddyirishman wrote:yeah well! im certainly not one to talk, but the standard there is fairly poor. reminded me of my own sunday league! i remember asking one f d guys i was playin with on the day, was the standard always so poor. he said"yeah man! pretty sh*t " his words. he'd been to a few of them apparently. i just remember feeling sh*t myself after the trial, cause if id trained a bit better and approached things a bit differently, things might have worked out better 4 me! i thought d guys there were gonna b superstars r sumtin for some stupid reason.
paddy wat part of ireland are you from n who do you play for..im fro ireland too!r u goin to nemore fotball cv,s we could fly over together!

paddyirishman
New User

u just described d shower i play with. every week, its the same shite. hoofing it up from the back, up 2 me. no such thing as playing it ON THE GROUND! so maybe thats good advice 4 u klc, u big langer you! HEY RONALDO9. im n d banner county. just play amateur football these days wit the local club. yeah im still itching 2 go 4 a trial at some stage man. fitness gone 2 sh*t though, i need to put in alot of work. were u at man? dublin nacker? (jokin) :D
Last edited by paddyirishman on 07 May 2010, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

klc123
Veteran Member

Thanks a lot R9.

The coach actually said to me in a one to one that I could get signed up for one of the lower division semi-pro teams in an effort to improve on myself more and hopefully to work my way up to the top of conference where Luton is at the moment.

If not then I will definitely join a under 18s team.

It really shouldn't take me more than 6 months to get to the level I need to be at, heck, if I train enough in a few months I could be at the level needed. But my view is, that if I wait a whole year, that gives me a hell of a lot more time to improve even further, but most importantly at my age, to develop more physically, which could make all the difference.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:Thanks a lot R9.

The coach actually said to me in a one to one that I could get signed up for one of the lower division semi-pro teams in an effort to improve on myself more and hopefully to work my way up to the top of conference where Luton is at the moment.

It really shouldn't take me more than 6 months to get to the level I need to be at, heck, if I train enough in a few months I could be at the level needed. But my view is, that if I wait a whole year, that gives me a hell of a lot more time to improve even further, but most importantly at my age, to develop more physically, which could make all the difference.
I would agree with what R9 says. Most semi-pro teams will be willing to let you come out and trial or train with them. You have to start somewhere and there is nothing wrong with starting out at semi-pro. Your best bet is to find a team asap and work with them until the next Luton trial.

These teams, even U18s, would probably practice at most 3-4 times a week so there would still be time for studying/school.

panchester07
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:
klc123 wrote:Thanks a lot R9.

I would agree with what R9 says. Most semi-pro teams will be willing to let you come out and trial or train with them. You have to start somewhere and there is nothing wrong with starting out at semi-pro. Your best bet is to find a team asap and work with them until the next Luton trial.

These teams, even U18s, would probably practice at most 3-4 times a week so there would still be time for studying/school.
Agreed with the two above me, its best for you to train with a semi pro team, than a sunday league team thats mostly focused on the beers after the match, and aren't willing to put in as much as you do, which can be a huge motivation killer..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

r9ronaldo
New User

paddy im from meath but i play for bray..well i havnt made a league appearence mostly end up playin for the reserves wenever im not involved with d 1s team..but in my opinion the manager hasnt a clue!!!!!!the banner county is that cork or clare?yea man get yourself in shape n we will head over there r trials in the end of june n some n july too...which trials did u go to before wat was your opinion on dem?

paddyirishman
New User

hey man! im n clare! bray wander's eh? total shite club! useless man! yee in the first division yet? ha! ha! (jokin again) is eamon zayed still playing there? class player. I was with the now non existent Cork City FC a long while back now. i doubt whether id be goin 4 a trial n june r july, i just cant see it. this may change though, u never know. il keep u posted. supposed to be training to become a firefighter, starting next month. n i also am in the middle f starting up a small business at the moment too, so i cant see it happening. stilll i wud love a final craic at the whip. i went to the northwhich victoria trial n manchester. barely had a warm up, n then straight n2 a 45 minute, 11v11 game. it felt like i was playing a sunday league game, with and against sunday league players. scored d only 2 goals n d game, but played shite overall. I was'nt suprised one bit not to get any contact from clubs. If u play for bray, that'll do for you. if the standard is like that all the time over there,(which i was told it pretty much is), anyone who stands out in the slightest at these trials, will have the scouts eye. Someone like klc for example would prob be dragged off the pitch by scouts after the final whistle.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

r9ronaldo wrote:paddy im from meath but i play for bray..well i havnt made a league appearence mostly end up playin for the reserves wenever im not involved with d 1s team..but in my opinion the manager hasnt a clue!!!!!!the banner county is that cork or clare?yea man get yourself in shape n we will head over there r trials in the end of june n some n july too...which trials did u go to before wat was your opinion on dem?
Whoa... what part of meath, I used to live there

r9ronaldo
New User

a place called enfield its down south..............paddy yea we are sh*t i wont deny that......cork were a gr8 club ..the irish league is crap clubs folding left right and centre thats why i wanna leave!!!!did ne 1 from ur trial get trials?also was there many scouts there do you no like loads or just a few?

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

r9ronaldo wrote:a place called enfield its down south..............paddy yea we are sh*t i wont deny that......cork were a gr8 club ..the irish league is crap clubs folding left right and centre thats why i wanna leave!!!!did ne 1 from ur trial get trials?also was there many scouts there do you no like loads or just a few?
I think each trial has a few scouts show up from other clubs. Obviously if its a Charlton trial then scouts from Charlton will be there. However, I've read from the site that other football league scouts do show up.

There have been a lot of success stories but as I said before you may need to go to more than one trial to get noticed.

Also signed up asap! These things fill up quickly and you sign up based on your age group (u16, u18, etc) and position you want to play (left back, center mid, etc).

Another example is the Northampton trial. Obviously Northampton scouts will be there but football cv says scouts from Arsenal, West Ham, Aston Villa, and Ipswich will be there.

p793
Veteran Member

KLC...I need your help as I have a trial at Leeds United on June 1st.
I'm a very good footballer:
Great accuarcy
Amazing skills
Good power
Super crossing
Great ball control

My physical presence is poor-Although i'm 6ft I weigh just over 10 stone.
I have not been able to attend my gym for over a month or even engage in footballing activitys due to a broken rib, so as you can imagine i'm feeling nervous as my trial is just 3 weeks away, and it's been a month since i've played!

My injury is almost fully healed now, so I will be starting training asap, (although I have GCSE exams ranging from the 19 May-June 11th)

I need to know what sort of tests they do at the trials. My forthcomming trial commenses at 10am-3pm on june 1st.

a 100% fit me has a huge chance of getting noticed, but I want to make sure an out of shape me can make it too, as this is a once in a life time opportunity.

The only areas I need to rapidly increase is:
Stamina (havnt played in over a month due to rib injury)
Positional awareness off the ball
Physical Presence

Could you offer any advice to me please

"Dont worry about failure, Worry about the chances you might miss when you don't even try!!"