mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 28 Jan 2010, 19:58

That as well :lol:
i was made to ignite

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 28 Jan 2010, 20:16

dont worry KLC, I sent my application off for that last year in February or so and I was fine. Its not the hottest tryout in Britain so it wont be too full. Expect to see about 35 under 18's and 30 over 18's...

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 28 Jan 2010, 21:02

Do they split them up?

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 28 Jan 2010, 22:24

klc123 wrote:Do they split them up?
I'm assuming depending on how many players they have for each position you'll play full sided games. Its kind of hard to play smaller sided games and get a good feel for players ability especially goalkeepers.

The flyer says you'll have a day of training which could be small sided games, maybe some drills, fitness tests and then you'll have a 90 minute game on the second day.

It says space is limited so maybe they will only accept 44 players. Just a guess. 2 games of 11 v 11.

DanielBrown
New User

Post by DanielBrown » 28 Jan 2010, 22:27

:oops: :oops:
Last edited by DanielBrown on 06 Sep 2011, 23:40, edited 3 times in total.

DanielBrown
New User

Post by DanielBrown » 28 Jan 2010, 22:31

:P :twisted:
Last edited by DanielBrown on 06 Sep 2011, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 28 Jan 2010, 23:23

16, which i think will work more to my advantage than disadvantage.

Im well developed, more so than most 18 year olds, but im not fully developed and im sure luton will realise that and factor that in when judging my potential.

Protein shakes are good for you, they most definitely don't fu** you up lol.

Bleep tests aren't too bad. I have good fitness levels, but at the moment im trying to build up my speed and acceleration, thats more important as a Centre Forward.

And ive been training every day for the last 2 weeks and will continue to do so untill the trial. At the moment im doing pure explosive weight training every night and on sundays i go to the park and do ball work.

About a month away from the trial i plan to do more fitness training as my speed should be very good by then.

The best advice i can give you is unless your a striker you should be at the very least jogging back whenever your team don't have the ball and should sprint forward to join in on attacks when your team does have the ball.

I would really work on your speed and acceleration if i was you, i have a friend who used to play for luton and he said many people my age get into luton by having brilliant pace and average technical ability, because technical ability can be taught in a matter of months, conditioning and physical ability have to be trained over a very long period of time.

DanielBrown
New User

Post by DanielBrown » 29 Jan 2010, 11:37

:cry: :cry:
Last edited by DanielBrown on 06 Sep 2011, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

DanielBrown
New User

Post by DanielBrown » 29 Jan 2010, 11:39

Last edited by DanielBrown on 06 Sep 2011, 23:39, edited 2 times in total.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 29 Jan 2010, 17:10

I live in luton.

And im joining a new under 18s team soon. I play for an adults team aswel.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Feb 2010, 19:42

Just a quick update.

Played my first football match yesterday, five a side match. First time ive been playing since christmas as snow and other commitments have stopped me from playing matches so ive only been doing individual ball work and my sprint/weight trainning program.

Im seeing real results and im starting to get really confident i have a good chance of making it pro, ive been training for less than a month now and im already the best player out of all my mates by a long shot.

The sprint training and weight training on my arms has really helped as i weigh a bit more i can shield/hold and push players off the ball more instead of it happening to me, and im also very very fast now especially over 20 metres.

My shooting has improved alot aswel, i can now hit the ball from good distance with alot of power and beat the keeper comfortably with accuaracy.

Finally my dribbling is getting unbelievably good now. Not trying to be arrogant but i scored 20 goals in the match yesterday and 10 of them were dribbles past many players before a composed finish past the keeper.

Overall im really pleased with my progress, just have to keep this up and get to as good a level as i possibly can.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 07 Feb 2010, 21:51

Sounds good man keep it up. Even if you don't make it with Luton it is possible they could recommend you to another team. Also have you looked at that Football CV? If you join the site you can go to all these different trial days with all types of club from non-league to premier league. http://www.footballcv.com/football/default/index.asp

I looked over the schedule on the flyer and I have some advice. It looks like the first day you'll do training and fitness work (probably a beep test among other things). I would highly recommend you have an ice bath asap after the first day. You'll want your legs to be ready to go for the game on day 2. You can do this simply in the bath tub. Fill the tub with ice (get a few large bags from the store) and cold water. You'll have to sit down obviously and stay in for 10 minutes. Trust me your legs will feel awesome the next morning.

Also be sure to just take the rest of the day off and eat well.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Feb 2010, 22:14

I heard cold showers/ice baths are suppose to be good for muscle regeneration/recovery but i didn't know it would be that affective, i may start doing it alot after workouts and stuff, thanks for the advice.

Yeah im on a high protein, carbohydrate and reasonable amounts of fat. Also drinking much much more water than i used to, as 5% dehydration = 20% drop in performance.

I really think i have a good chance at getting into luton now. I know nothing is ever gaurenteed in football, but i have a really good feeling about this, im the fastest player i know and one of the strongest. Im just over 6 foot and i have good stamina to go a whole 90 minutes at top level. I can finish well with both feet and my heading is good. My control and dribbling are superb and my passing is brilliant now after all the ball work ive been doing to perfect my technique.

My only real weakness at the moment is my shooting from distance, my right foot is ok, and my left foot is slightly worse, but its no where near the standard i want to be at.

Obviously theres never a point in football were your "good enough", there just gets to a point where your abilities in some areas are much better than your others so you need to keep a balance so im trying to do that now by improving my driven shot.

I'll keep you updated.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 07 Feb 2010, 22:56

klc123 wrote:I heard cold showers/ice baths are suppose to be good for muscle regeneration/recovery but i didn't know it would be that affective, i may start doing it alot after workouts and stuff, thanks for the advice. .
Yeah, they are good when I use to sprint for my athletics team we use to clean a garbage bin container things (the round ones never been used so their clean), fill it up with water, then fill it up with ice.. Then climb in.. So delliciuossss your muscles felt so much better, so much renewed so much less sore, less tired everything...Highly recommend it, excellent for muscle recovery you have no idea, and extremely relaxing as well..
I really think i have a good chance at getting into luton now. I know nothing is ever gaurenteed in football, but i have a really good feeling about this, im the fastest player i know and one of the strongest. Im just over 6 foot and i have good stamina to go a whole 90 minutes at top level. I can finish well with both feet and my heading is good. My control and dribbling are superb and my passing is brilliant now after all the ball work ive been doing to perfect my technique.

My only real weakness at the moment is my shooting from distance, my right foot is ok, and my left foot is slightly worse, but its no where near the standard i want to be at.
Stay positive and keep working.. Shot is easy as hell to practice, just take 3-4 balls to a field, and start shooting from distance, in a week youll be better, its not rocket science.. Shoot from different angles, juggle and shoot, beat a cone and shoot, chip the imaginary keeper, take your ipd and time will fly buy, you have no excuse not to be shooting excellently..

Obviously theres never a point in football were your "good enough", there just gets to a point where your abilities in some areas are much better than your others so you need to keep a balance so im trying to do that now by improving my driven shot.

I'll keep you updated
Good luck.. really no excuse not to be on Luton Town.. you have time, a schedule, a goal, no excuse whatsoever..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 08 Feb 2010, 22:14

Thanks panchester for the confirmation, and thanks again for the positive reply :)

The only problem is i haven't got anywhere really close where i can go and shoot anymore, i used to have a swing in my garden that was pretty close to the shape of a goal but thats been taken down and my parents don't like me kicking in the garden anymore because "my shot is too powerful" apparently.

I have one idea though, in the park just around the corner from where i live, there are no football goals, but they have a tennis court that never gets used at this time of the year for obvious reasons, its a large area with 3 courts side by side with wire fencing the whole way around and the nets are taken down this time of year but the poles are still up.

My idea is to maybe go to town, buy a couple of cheap £2 footballs that i don't mind getting ruined by hitting the wire fence and then just go there every day practising, i could practising drilling the ball from distance to get perfect technique, i could practice dribbling in between cones and then shooting to make it a smooth transition and i could do shorter shooting aiming for corners in the fence to practise my finishing, how does this sound to you?

At the moment im really trying to get top notch finishing ability, im good at the moment but i want to be able to look up and just bang the ball into a square inch of the net that i want without hesitation and both feet.

As for driving, my right foot technique is good, my left foot is poor, my power is excellent with my right foot and my accuracy is also good, but my left foot only have accuracy, not alot of power.

Can i ask you something, when you shoot, do you always have your centre of gravity of your "weight" travelling in the direction of where you want the ball to go? because i think this may be my problem, i find when i do use it my accuracy and power are much better, but im not sure if this is proper technique or not and i don't want to risk injury or teaching myself poor form.

Basically my swing and kick are quite good, my balance is good and i contact the ball well with the correct part of my foot and hitting the middle of the ball for a more clean strike, but should i be moving my weight towards the target or not? And if so for the instep drive, should i also do the same when im doing one v one finishes to improve accuracy and power?