Luton Town Open Trials May 2010

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
klc123
Veteran Member

Nahh he was talking about me been a superfly weight :lol:

In all respect, i know its not good if im very very light, but its better to be on the light side than the fat side.

Id much rather be 11 stone of muscle which is my goal that my training program will hopefully take me to, than 14 stone of lard.

If you do lots of training on your own and practising and learning about the game, anyone could make it in 5 months, its just how dedicated you want to be to practise. In a years time though, you could get some serious improvement done and i wouldn't be suprised if you made it pro by training a year nonestop aslong as you stayed passionate about it and trained every day.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

klc123 wrote:Nahh he was talking about me been a superfly weight :lol:

In all respect, i know its not good if im very very light, but its better to be on the light side than the fat side.

Id much rather be 11 stone of muscle which is my goal that my training program will hopefully take me to, than 14 stone of lard.

If you do lots of training on your own and practising and learning about the game, anyone could make it in 5 months, its just how dedicated you want to be to practise. In a years time though, you could get some serious improvement done and i wouldn't be suprised if you made it pro by training a year nonestop aslong as you stayed passionate about it and trained every day.
Gaining weight if you do it the right way won't make you fat. You want to put on lean muscle by eating good foods and working out. Yes it will take longer but its better.

I know guys who are 6'2-6'6 and weigh anywhere from 160-200 pounds but its all muscle.

I'm just saying if a coach or someone comments on it don't say we didn't tell you so. In all seriousness though good luck and let us know how it went.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Eating protein is also good for cutting weight.. Protein is good everything... Im going to my local Gnc today or tommorow to by some shakes, according to my trainer, I should be on a 160g protein diet... Something something about my lean mass etc....

Im not gonna lie I gained some weight with my torn meniscus.. Now im back and wanna loose that... I was 172 pounds prior to injury :D.. good looking abs, could bench press like 185, squat 285 ..

After injury I gained maybe 20 pounds that Ive been eliminating now im like 180 again...

Ive been eating 6-8 times a day (for the metabolism)
Playing footy (3 hours atleast a day)
Doing Cardio..
Going to the gym..
Eating good..
And high in protein..
Done the HIIT thing..
Not eating at all after 6 pm.. etc...

Anything to add?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:Eating protein is also good for cutting weight.. Protein is good everything... Im going to my local Gnc today or tommorow to by some shakes, according to my trainer, I should be on a 160g protein diet... Something something about my lean mass etc....

Im not gonna lie I gained some weight with my torn meniscus.. Now im back and wanna loose that... I was 172 pounds prior to injury :D.. good looking abs, could bench press like 185, squat 285 ..

After injury I gained maybe 20 pounds that Ive been eliminating now im like 180 again...

Ive been eating 6-8 times a day (for the metabolism)
Playing footy (3 hours atleast a day)
Doing Cardio..
Going to the gym..
Eating good..
And high in protein..
Done the HIIT thing..
Not eating at all after 6 pm.. etc...

Anything to add?
Why do you stop eating at 6pm? I suggest eating a little something before going to bed. Do you like cottage cheese? I have a serving of that before bed. Or maybe some peanut butter. The protein in those two things is good right before bed. Protein is digested slowly so it keeps you fuller longer which is great right before bed, imo, because you don't wake up starving.

klc123
Veteran Member

Eating anything after 8 pm isn't reccomended if your trying to lose weight as its more likely to be turned into fat in your body.

Sorry i really think your catching the wrong end of my stick arsenalfc lol.

Basically, when you and NBP said i was too light, i agreed, so i made my work out routeen in the other section of the forum, i researched dieting and am planning to get a good diet eating lots of raw eggs and im going to start doing whey protein powder too.

Also i realised its better for me to go from 9 stone - 11 stone of muscle, than go from 9 stone - 14 stone of fat, which im sure you'll agree :)

Ive got everything sorted, apparently having a good work out routeen like the one ive planned and sticking to it with good nutrition from the protein dust, by the trial in May ill be well past the 12 stone mark or more depending on how rapidly I gain weight.

---

As a side note id like to add that im not doing any aerobic exercise untill a month before the trial, all im going to do to keep my fitness is matchs and besides from that im doing 100% sprint training to increase my speed and fast twitch muscle mass, which is in my opinion probably the most important for a striker who needs to be very fast.

But as i said, i will be doing aerobic exercise a month away from the trial to make sure im in top-tip condition to play none stop 100% for 90 minutes.

And thanks alot, ill definitely let you guys know how it goes, thanks for all the advice, its been taken on board and im sorting any weaknesses out, feel free to highlight more as it will only help me.

soccerjj

I was 172 pounds prior to injury Very Happy.. good looking abs, could bench press like 185, squat 285
That is very impressive especially the squat. Does anyone ever push you off the ball? Are you really fast?

And just a little more inspiration for Klc to get bigger is that messi (the best player in the world :D ) is 5 foot 5 (youre 6ft) and weighs over 1.5 stone more than you and is still considered a quite light player.

So you need to bulk up! (and me too)

klc123
Veteran Member

Im gonna get to atleast 11 stone before may so i should be fine as that will hopefully be pure muscle..

Thanks alot for all the advice guys.

jonpollock

putting on 2 stone of pure muscle will be hard to do you do know that dont you?? your 9 stone now and as much as you say theres no fat youll have some on there, so to go from that to 11 stone, a 2 stone pure muscle leap will be hard as hell trust me, besides lifting weights for atleast 2-3 hours each day, youll have to be consuming a whole lot more callories than you are now.

when i lifted weights i was eating upwards of 3k a day, startin at 14 stone, doing light cardio and lifting weights like a maniac for 3 hours each day, i ended up at about 11.5stone after 7 weeks, all my messurement were near enough the same like chest and arms but id lost fat and gained muscle, you can ask any bodybuilder out there, to put on muscle you need to put on fat first, lucky for me i was already fat and halfway there. haha. its hard as hell to gain that ammount of pure muscle, but if you do manage it i will be utterly amazed.

clearly you have a super fast metabolism thats why your so thin, so youll have to seriously up your intake a day or you wont notice a difference, your gonna need atleast twice your body weight in grams of protein, so if your 126lb youll need minimum of 250g of protein each day, to seriously put on muscle.

two(maybe 3) shakes = 90g(135g)
chicken breast average = 45g
tuna can on average = 25g
average steak = 40g
-----------
200g(245g)

that was 5 meals for me each and everyday, i had the same things to make sure i never slipped. thats without breakfast or my pastas and rices and vegs with each meal. your gonna have eat and eat and eat to get that goal trust me.
SigByMe

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

This probably won't really help you short term, but I read somewhere that Ronaldo had a bowl of soup with EVERY meal he had in order to bulk up. No clue how long he did that for or when he started, but it seems to have worked quite well...

Btw, this is probably a daft question, but what's HITT thing?
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

jonpollock

it stands for high intensity interval training
SigByMe

xilog

LiveTheDream wrote:This probably won't really help you short term, but I read somewhere that Ronaldo had a bowl of soup with EVERY meal he had in order to bulk up. No clue how long he did that for or when he started, but it seems to have worked quite well...

Btw, this is probably a daft question, but what's HITT thing?
This might be abit off topic, but just some inspiration for you klc if you want to get as strong as CR9. Cristiano does 3000 sit ups everyday to keep fit. It's hard work to be in good shape ;) (I guess you meant CR9 when you wrote Ronaldo LiveTheDream?)
Last sign:

sign/ava by me

panchester07
Veteran Member

according to most body builders what ronaldo does is stupid.. I mean he has fantastic abs (no homo, well a little homo :D) but according to the things ive read online your supposed to work out each muscle twice a week only to let it recover.....

Klc, your plan looks good and serious, but like JonPollock said, to put on all that weight just on muscle is gonna be really really hard.

Maybe you heard this already but:
10-13 X bodyweight for cutting

14-16 X bodyweight for maintenance (often the number is 15)

17-20 X bodyweight for bulking
So you should be eating 17-20 times what you weigh in calories daily to bulk which is your objective right?

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:according to most body builders what ronaldo does is stupid.. I mean he has fantastic abs (no homo, well a little homo :D) but according to the things ive read online your supposed to work out each muscle twice a week only to let it recover.....

Klc, your plan looks good and serious, but like JonPollock said, to put on all that weight just on muscle is gonna be really really hard.

So you should be eating 17-20 times what you weigh in calories daily to bulk which is your objective right?

You can work your abs everyday without a problem. Abs are muscles you will use everyday and they don't need to rest. However, 3000 sit ups is excessive! You can do a variety of ab workouts in a session rather than 3000 sit ups.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:
panchester07 wrote:according to most body builders what ronaldo does is stupid.. I mean he has fantastic abs (no homo, well a little homo :D) but according to the things ive read online your supposed to work out each muscle twice a week only to let it recover.....

You can work your abs everyday without a problem. Abs are muscles you will use everyday and they don't need to rest. However, 3000 sit ups is excessive! You can do a variety of ab workouts in a session rather than 3000 sit ups.
Also, Sit ups are terrible for your back and spine.....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

panchester07
Veteran Member

how are these protein bar snacks are they good? Ive had them but according to my trainer I should be snacking this and fruit instead of other things.. He say protein keeps your metabolism fast and that I need 1 gram of protein/ 1lb of lean body mass..

I told my mom to buy me a whey protein shake but she said no, fu**face!.. So I thought maybe drink a lot of skim milk, it would add up to 140 grams I need daily, then the trainer suggested these protein bars...