Luton Town Open Trials May 2010

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
klc123
Veteran Member

Luton Town Open Trials May 2010

Post by klc123 » 07 Jan 2010, 18:19

http://www.lutontown.co.uk/staticFiles/ ... 075,00.pdf

Theres the link for the application form, you need to follow the instructions given and pay a cheque of £60.

Im going for it, currently filling out my application form, i think its a brilliant opporunity for players like me, and many people on this forum to jump onto the footballing ladder and get a firm foothold as luton is a non-league team but has alot of publicity and is a great way to get spotted for a better team and continue moving up the footballing ladder.

You need to be born before september 1994 however, so its open trials for 15-30 year olds who are currently not signed for a professional team.

Wish me luck in my application and if i do get a trial ill definitely let everyone know so you can all wish me luck :lol:

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 07 Jan 2010, 18:40

Its a good opportunity but people need to remember England has foreign restrictions as it states on the flyer.

You'll get a trial. Its an open trial so as long as you pay the fee you can go.

You'll also get a player evaluation at the end which is good because you'll know what to work on.

For 60 pounds its a pretty good deal. You get a full day of training plus a 90 minute match

panchester07
Veteran Member

Re: Luton Town Open Trials May 2010

Post by panchester07 » 07 Jan 2010, 20:10

Wish me luck in my application and if i do get a trial ill definitely let everyone know so you can all wish me luck

I Don't Believe In Chance...

...I Make My Own Luck
Nice..... :lol:

Anyway good luck mate... Im sure if you get a tryout, and really focus you can surely get accepted.. You just have to be number 1, the guy thats willing to die for that place on the team....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Jan 2010, 20:29

Shhh panchester you know what i meant :lol:

Its always good to have people supporting you, even if you don't neccessarily need it.

Nd yeah, you need a EU passport and its first come first serve so im gonna send my application off tommorrow lol.

I believe i can make it if i work hard enough for it, its just a question of wether or not i perform on the day.

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 07 Jan 2010, 20:40

Alright KLC good luck and heres my advice as i tried out last year, was told i was skilled enough for the team but not physical enough. I was playing in Spain so i play a spanish style and they said they would keep track of me even after I left but that I would have to adjust to the conference style football, something I'm happy I didn't do. The guys who got selected out of it were in these categories:

1 was very fast and had a decent amount of skill
1 was really tall and loud, thats about it
1 scored a goal and played the conference style, 70 physical 30% technical style football.

So to make it you have to be very physical but let me tell you to stand out technically is quite easy. I did that easily but i wasnt physical enough so i didnt make it which was better for me in the end. Now I am playing for Harbour View and on my way to signing a professional contract. Not too Shabby.

So go out, give it your all, be physical, show some skill and you'll make it but if they say your not their type and you don't get selected that may be a very good thing, that will mean you are already past their level like I was. Good luck man and I can't wait to hear how you do.

jonpollock

Post by jonpollock » 07 Jan 2010, 20:56

ya know what im gonna apply for that too, gives me 5 months to knuckle down and get in tip top condition.

klc123 if you end up going look out for a little stocky lad covered in tats, that shall be me haha
SigByMe

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Jan 2010, 21:01

I think been physical shouldn't be a problem because ive always played with people a few years older than me and im currently training with my older cousins who are all in their 20s so thats very physical seeing as im only 16.

I understand what you mean, i remember one of my friends who played for luton schools and he said 99% of the people that played weren't technically good at all there were either very fast or very tall and strong.

Luckily im 6 foot and im very fast aswel so maybe theres hope for me :L

Been realistic luton is a feeder club and its had alot of talent come through over the years who now play in higher levels, one player i met now plays in the premiership, kevin foley so luton is a good team to get spotted in.

the trial is midway through May so im gonna work my arse off untill then training everyday doing as much isolation training as possible and try to get as much team training as possible too. I think my fitness is quite good for my age, i don't smoke or do drugs and i rarely drink and i eat a healthy diet.

My only worry is it asks you how much you weigh, no two ways about it im a complete lightweight coming in at 9 stone which is nothing for someone my height but i am putting on weight, currently im on a weight gaining diet using wii fit plus to help me and so far ive put on average one pound every 3 days so if i keep that up...

Still it says whats your weight at the time of application, would they refuse a player for been too light?

Jon whats your first name? ill remember, im daniel c.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 07 Jan 2010, 21:05

My favorite practices, are the ones you do when your thinking of trying out for the team.. You dont make excuses, you dont get tired, you look foward to them, you got your eyes on the prize..

before my biggest tryout, I was EXCHANGE STUDENT in Reno, Nevada.. I was leaving and then trying out in the team I play in now...

Uf, I wanted it so much, that I practiced 4 hours straight alone (I hate training alone)......

I think it comes down to this "Perfect practice prevents piss-poor performance"

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 07 Jan 2010, 21:10

I suggest if all the answers on the application forms are "no" dont waste 60 quid

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 07 Jan 2010, 21:41

ScottyBoy wrote:I suggest if all the answers on the application forms are "no" dont waste 60 quid
so just show up? the official team t-shirt, training by professional coaches, in the professional pitch is much worth it..

I wana cry, why the hell dont I ever get these opportunities :cry:

jonpollock

Post by jonpollock » 07 Jan 2010, 21:46

klc123 my name is john, my username is my actual name, i had the same thought as you when i saw the weight thing, im 22, 5'7", and im about 155lb-160lb maybe i aint weighed myself in ages, but im a little worried theyll see that and think im real fat when im not lol im thinking ive got 5 months, so a lot can happen in 5 months, if i stick 150lb on the form, theres a big chance im either gonna loose weight or gain some over that time so.

but daniel c ill keep and eye for ya, im not hard to miss, plenty of tats, and pink vapors. haha
SigByMe

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 07 Jan 2010, 21:59

Ill be wearing black vapours and im really good looking. :lol: I kid.

Im sure we'll probably bump into eachother by accident.

And how do you mean if most of the answers are no? There isn't really any questions saying are you this good or are you that good, theres just one little bit that says have you played for country/county/district. Im fairly certain most people who go for open trials haven't played above district and a lot haven't even played above sunday league.

Gotta start somewhere...A player can be good reguardless of whether they've played for district or higher. I think Ian Wright had never played at a high level of football before he played for crystal palace, he had attended open trials and not succeeded.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 07 Jan 2010, 22:16

dont forget to eat your frosted flakes man, its key.

What do I gotta do to get a EU nations passport? I promise I have more level then a bunch of these English guys I just dont have the opportunity.....

Overconfidence? nope realism baby.. It means that you are realistic

jonpollock

Post by jonpollock » 07 Jan 2010, 22:29

problem i think there gonna run into is too many people wanting to join cos they want to play wing, and im worried that as a striker, they might not take me cos theyll be loads of people that will apply for that one.
SigByMe

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 08 Jan 2010, 00:04

I'm a Luton fan.

I wish this had come around 2 years ago. :(