Please help with my soccer tryout :) 2days :(

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
NEVERGIVINGUP

hi

im tryin out for the u18s premier youth league team, witch is the highest level of youth competition.

ive been working hard my techniques, dribbling, control, kicking and even fitness for like a year now and i think im ready to actually make it..'
i have no rep experience i played club last year cos i dident make it last year. now after 1 year in 2 days the trial will comence.

well ofcourse im scared, i really wanna make it. but i feel i have a disadvantage cos im 16 (17 nxt year) and theres no u17 teams.

so ye and im gonna guess theres goin to be like 80-300 ppl there tryin out. i really wanna get in since i work so hard day in day out. i feel ive learnt alot and improved in the last year.

so im tryin out for left wing.

i just wanna be my best for the tryouts.. prepare well..

eat right? like carb-n-load?

mental aspects (im scared shitless)

preform verry good..

so any advice on what i can do to prepare for this day.. it is so important to me! verry.. and on how to play since i have no rep experience :)

thankyou people

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Start drinking a lot of water all the way up 4 hours before the game.

*Tonight, eat some whole wheat pasta with some veggies (and a little meat if you want).
If your tryouts are in the late afternoon, eat some fruit and yogurt for breakfast and a small sandwich and fruit for lunch (day of tryouts)
If you game is in the morning, have a banana and a slice of toast for breakfast (day of tryouts).

*Bring a bottle of water and a half bottle of sports drink like gatorade. Drink more water than gatorade during your tryouts.

*Metality--Don't be so nervous. Play your game. Try focusing on having a low turn-over ratio (make good, strong, clean passes).
-Try not to "show off" in order to impress.
It also helps if you verbally communicate with your tryout teammates. Coaches like to see people take leadership positions.
-People with fancy gear and shiny shoes aren't all they are cracked up to be. More than likely, they aren't as good as they think they are.
-Focus on not only what you do with the ball, but what you are doing off of the ball. Make good, supporting runs. Show that you can defend effectively.

*Have solid warmup-- Warm you body up properly then have a good stretch. For tryouts, I usually try to find a group of people warming up that I might get along with. Warm up with them and get some conversation going. Talking will help you get less nervous and more comfortable.

*Wear a good training shirt that stands out a little. This will make it easier for coaches to spot you when you are playing. If you don't have one of these shirts, its ok. Your play will do your talking :D
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

pickyourheadup wrote: *Wear a good training shirt that stands out a little. This will make it easier for coaches to spot you when you are playing. If you don't have one of these shirts, its ok. Your play will do your talking :D
The only problem with that suggestion when going to tryouts, if you play like crap or make a bad play, you're going to stand out..... :lol:
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

I should have been a little more clear :wink: Wear a unique shirt: one that isn't shouting at everyone, but one thats different than the normal plain white t-shirts everyone else wears.

Overall, the shirt is just a cosmetic thing. You don't have to worry about it.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

pickyourheadup wrote:I should have been a little more clear :wink: Wear a unique shirt: one that isn't shouting at everyone, but one thats different than the normal plain white t-shirts everyone else wears.

Overall, the shirt is just a cosmetic thing. You don't have to worry about it.
lol.....I just prefer to always wear like a white shirt.....I never like to be very flashy...just simple.

But try wearing like a Ajax or that neon green Barca shirt from a few years back...
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

NEVERGIVINGUP

OMG THANKYOU!! IT TOMMOROW THANKS GUY! IM HAVING A REST DAY TODAY AND TOMMOROW AT 3:30 GONNA PLAY MY HEART OUT!!

especially you puhu

p793
Veteran Member

how did it go?