Manchester United Premier Cup

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
frizzyan
Veteran Member

Manchester United Premier Cup

Post by frizzyan » 20 Jul 2005, 14:02

I am appalled nobody has ever mentioned about this cause this is the most prestigous tournament for the U-15s.

I have the luxury of watching this within Hong Kong since the World Finals are held here, and wow, you can really tell the difference between the European youth players compared to the N.American and Asian players. HUGE HUGE gap. It's amazing...

[/u]

D347H574R

Post by D347H574R » 20 Jul 2005, 14:29

wat the hell is this?
“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.”
“If a player isn't interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be!”
Bill Shankly

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 20 Jul 2005, 15:21

Lol.

it's like the world club championship.

All the top U-15 teams in the world play in this tournament annually.

Check here:

http://www.manchesterunitedpremiercup.com/

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 21 Jul 2005, 13:32

dude I just watched the Manchester United, ARSEnal, Pumas, Estudiantes, Washington Crossfire and PSG U-15 teams play today. Quality stuff!!!!

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 22 Jul 2005, 19:33

Where did you watch them cos I'd quite like to seee them play aswell :D
I met a guy on holiday last year who played for Man U in the tourny last year.
But anyways where do you get clips of this turny?
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

upandcoming

Post by upandcoming » 23 Jul 2005, 20:17

if these players are so much better then N. American players how do they develope so fast?

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 24 Jul 2005, 07:24

Ronaldinho10 wrote:I read in one of your posts that you used to live in Scotland and I was just wandering when and where you lived and did you play for a team there?

Also was wandering about the Man Utd Premier Cup - I think you said that you had watched some of it and was just wandering whereabouts you got to watch it cos I would kinda like to see some of it.

Anyways cheers for any feedback you can give.
I lived in Scotland like a few years back, and then I moved to singapore. Been to many different countries really. Yeah I used to play for this junior Dundee United team. Sigh you know, if I had stayed in Scotland, I'd be like a million times better than I am now, and would have probably been spotted by Celtic or Rangers since I'm Chinese and I stand out =p

Well life sucks and now I need another route.

Manutd Premier cup? Oh the final was just held yesterday. It was held before the Manchester United's game with Hong Kong national team. Read http://www.manutd.com for how the Manutd game went and http://www.manchesterunitedpremiercup.com for more about the Premier Cup.

Basically the premier cup is held in a different place every year. Manutd gets automatic qualification. The hosts also get automatic qualification. Teams from around the globe strive to qualify for the cup. 2 years ago, Corinthians were the champions. Last year Manchester city- champions (How ironic!) and yesterday, Fluminese won. It's an U-15 tournament. Amazingly, it was held in Hong Kong for some reason, so that's why I managed to watch it. It was held in Manchester last year, and 2 years ago it was held in Brazil (i think).

Famous players that used to play for the Premier Cup- Casillas, Reyes, Mikael Forsell, Andy van der Meyde, Luke Moore, Jay Bothroyd, Iniesta, Xavi, Robinho, Carlos tevez, Javier Macherano, Jonathan Spector (and the list goes on and on).

More than 7,000 teams each year tries to gain one of the 42(I think..not sure) spots in the premier cup.

Before 2003, it was just called the Nike Premier Cup. However, Nike partnered up with manchester United in 2003 and is renamed Manchester United Nike Premier Cup.

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 24 Jul 2005, 10:29

Thanks a lot man - I was mistaken I thought it was held in Manchester every year - because I knew about Man City playing Man U in the final last year at Old trafford and the group games were played at Carrington.
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.