Aggravating Tryout

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
godofthesea
Sophomore Member

I recently tried out for a pro youth team in my area and i believe i played quite well as the coaches took my name and jersey number and everything. However I only made it to 1 of 2 tryouts and a month has past and i havent even gotten a reply. Im thinking that they lost my contact info because they said that they would let us know whether we made it or not. and then at a tournament I met one of the boys during a game who was at the tryout, and it turns out he made the team. And what really gets me is that every time i faced him with the ball 1v1 i beat him and i scored 2 goals that game. What do you guys think? Also i was trying out 1 year up from my age.

Kasaki
Veteran Member

Prolly woulda helped it u went to both tryouts lol They probably didnt see u the next day and either thought
1) his not commited
2)he should have called or somethin lol
u prolly did good just never showed back up, I know most teams require u show up BOTH days

John_Bob
Veteran Member

What team was this tryout for?

Really it would have helped to have gone to both tryouts but that is in the past now so don't worry about it and tryout next year.

godofthesea
Sophomore Member

Well it was actually the 1st tryout that i missed because i didnt even know about the team until the 1st one was already over. And it was the Kitsap Pumas, there like a PDL proffesional team, like semi-pro. I actually talked about it to the coach of the pro team (who also happens to be my club team coach) but I think he forgot, hes a very busy man. Thanx guys.

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Yeah I know the Kitsap Pumas but I didn't know you would be able to play for them that young. Shoot I should try out for the Tacoma Tide. That would be dope.

godofthesea
Sophomore Member

John_Bob wrote:Yeah I know the Kitsap Pumas but I didn't know you would be able to play for them that young. Shoot I should try out for the Tacoma Tide. That would be dope.
Yeah for sure. Yeah they have youth teams you can play for. At least the Pumas do but i dont know about the tacoma tide, they most likely do though. Next year the Pumas should have a team at my age but i still think i could make the year up team and maybe standout as a playup.

John_Bob
Veteran Member

I looked it up and the Tide don't have a youth team or anything but I know a couple guys on the roster who play college or are former pro's. There is only one player who is still in high school so I am guessing it is fairly hard to make, but they have open tryouts so might as well give it a shot.

godofthesea
Sophomore Member

Yeah go for it man. You never know. No reason not too. Im way too young but when are the tryouts?

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

John_Bob wrote:I looked it up and the Tide don't have a youth team or anything but I know a couple guys on the roster who play college or are former pro's. There is only one player who is still in high school so I am guessing it is fairly hard to make, but they have open tryouts so might as well give it a shot.
Go for it. You can play on the team while in high school. I don't know how common it is but you should be able to. It can't hurt to try out. Plus if you make it it would be a really good experience. I know guys who play on our local PDL team while in college. The games are in the summer so it gives them something to do in the off-season.

The PDL season is over now so you'll have to wait tell next year, around March or April for tryouts. Plenty of time to prepare.