Playing with older people

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
af2266

yea, thats good, so your constantly moving, and plus, the wall can make some unexpected things go on. but i think ill stick to out door, i just like it better.

erivera

expert wrote: You learn what works and what doesn't. You'll also get taken down a lot. :)
I know what you mean by what works and what doesnt work. When you say you'll get taken down alot do you mean in a more physical or mental way?

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I think he means physical.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Daniel
New User

I always play against the youth team at our club. They are the best youth squad in the state and won the title last year. Our team has lost to them 3-2 and 3-1. Pretty good results. However there are too very distinct styles of play. My 17's team are very fast and hard hitting whereas the youth are more reserve and dominate their space still quite pacey but not quite as much. My opinion is to play up will certainly make you play a more developed style but to miss out on powerplay is probably not a very wise choice. within a few yrs the players on my team will be better than players of the same age in the youth, ill bet anything on it although at the moment we arent. If you do play up make sure you dont ignore any part of the game.
A.C.E Pride

Gunner_d14

i always play against older people since i'm 17 playing under20..but it help me develop better to play against all their yrs of experience
-The Beloved One-

T.O.ArsenalChic
Sophomore Member

I think the younger can learn from the older and the older can learn from the younger. You'd be surprised how many older people adapt to their routines so strongly that they don't realize that they could improve by watching the younger ones at work.

Every game is a learning experience. The more styles/players you're exposed to, the better you can become.

Hope your ankle gets better Maradona. :D

Maradona
Veteran Member

Oh thanks but now it's ok actually the guy who pushed me was 1 year older than me but he was more developed physically and strong.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

Gunner_d14

Older people are just alot freaking stronger..i can't win a shoulder barge easily..well not sure i have ever won one..but pace and agility is all i need to take them out..
-The Beloved One-

af2266

yea, but i can over power alot of bigger kids probably because im very rough
some guy yelled at me...

cHaVa
Veteran Member

what about taller older people theyre pretty hard to win in a shoulder barge

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I dominate 50/50 battles, I am tall and strong, you have to pull shirt when you can and get there before and shield the ball right away, back to the defender.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Gunner_d14

with the taller people u gotta force your body in front and force them to commit a foul
-The Beloved One-

andre2041
New User

I am 15, i play in an indoor league with a bunch of older guys, ranging from ages 40-55, a couple used to be pro, or really close to it. It helps, they teach you things that you might not learn until higher levels.

dooglas
Veteran Member

55?? haha i would breeze by them like a windy day.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?