Playing with older people

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
captain_mostafa

Hey guys. Do u think playing on a team with older people than u will help u become a proffisional soccer player. For example: i am 16 an i am playing for a team now for ages 20-30 i had the choice to either play for U-17 or this team but i choose this team. i dont know if this will help me become a proffisional soccer player or not, and is this the right choice that i made. :?

THANKS

expert
Site Admin

The two main approaches to becoming a better player are (1) training alone or (2) competing against better opposition. When you play against older opponents, you pick up a lot of important things. You learn what works and what doesn't. You'll also get taken down a lot. :)

KAkA
Sophomore Member

Yeh i played twice a week with old yugoslavian players, most of them used to be professionals back in the day. Their ages ranged from 40 to even 60!
They were good, but u had to be careful when u played, no silly buggers, only the quick style of play. Recieve, unload and open-up.
If u driblled too much they would start yelling at you! Im glad tho, that style of play has helped me become more successfull. Good coaches usually recognise that and tell me that i have a more mature approach to the game hahah
BRING BACK THE BIFF!

jdefoe
Forum groupie

i agree with the expert. you will get better by playing better/older players.

Kevin

I've been playing with guys from about 20 years this season some times to, but my condition is way to low to compete these guys (im 15 years old) as I have some problems with my growing. Now they don't ask me anymore as they have chosen some players from my original team, which aren't bether than me though but they have more condition then me. I don't have enough discipline to train my condition during schoolyear, but I always train my condition in the vacation so I hope I will be able to play at 100 % next season

Hi everyone, im 15 years old and my dream is to become a proffesional soccer player since i was born. And im wondering how u can become a pro soccer player. What do u have to do to make this drean happen. And do scouts look for your effort in school.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

I'VE PLAYED AGAINST OLDER PEOPLE FROM HONDURAS, AND THEY PLAY VERY NASTY AND ROUGH, BUT I LEARNED FROM THEM AS WELL

jdefoe
Forum groupie

playing against older, more experienced players is the best way to develop

Maradona
Veteran Member

That's for sure, just imagine youself spending a day with any world class player on the pitch, I bet you'll learn massive things.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

af2266

when i was ten i used to practice with my big brothers U-15 team 2 days a week

cHaVa
Veteran Member

yeah you do learn alot of new things and tactics

af2266

:shock: its true. but sometimes theyre scared to knock the crap outof me because they think theyll get into trouble.

Maradona
Veteran Member

I did play with older players today just twisted my ankle. It wasn't that bad I still played though.

This guy who is older than me kicked me on the leg, they play like animals even little kids knows how to tackle. But some of them are awesome with the ball, just feel bad for them they could've start a futbol career b4.
It was indoor soccer, forgot to mention.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

af2266

you know what i dont like about indoor? how high your allowed to kick. if th ball hits the net, its their ball, i dont like it.

Maradona
Veteran Member

But our indoor style has almost no rules except tackling but there's no "outs".