Best and Worst Provinces to Play Soccer in--Canada

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
scottS4
Veteran Member

i read the american version of this thread and felt left out so i figured i'd try the same with Canada.
so...
i'd guess that either Ontario or BC would be the best, and the small ones like the maritimes would be the worst. i also hear that saskatchewan is pretty bad.

manutd10

you heard correct about saskatchewan. alothough my club team is pretty strong, our provincial program is pathetic, and simply not enough elite players.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Well I'm in Toronto, the system here is pretty limited, other than exclusive academy teams, 1-2 rep teams per town, and high school, there's not much exposure to footy, and that's a big problem since footy is growing so quickly here.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Kakasgotskillz wrote:Well I'm in Toronto, the system here is pretty limited, other than exclusive academy teams, 1-2 rep teams per town, and high school, there's not much exposure to footy, and that's a big problem since footy is growing so quickly here.
i played against and watched some rep teams from ontario and they were pretty good. one team beat the hearts (scotland) youth team and they were really good.
i live in alberta and i think its up there too in terms of competition. there are many clubs and divisions, and some players have gotten oppurtunities and trials with pro teams.

BRIP10
New User

1st post!

Anyways Sask is bunk for competition. Elite players, there hardly are any. And some of the best players just lose interest due to a slack program that some clubs offer. I play U18 PSL and we only have 3 teams in out league woo! All in all I would like to be in BC or something soccer is crazy there.

manutd10 what club do you play for?

manutd10

i play with aurora elite from saskatoon.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Considering we just had our national championships this past month, i thought the canadians on this forum could revive this thread.

It looks like things haven't changed much, with BC, Ontario and Quebec sharing all the gold medals.

for u-14 the female champions were from bc, the male champions were from quebec
for u-16, both the male and female champions were from ontario
for u-18, the female champions were from quebec, the male champions were from bc.