Memorable Soccer Moment

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Memorable Soccer Moment

Post by pickyourheadup » 05 Apr 2009, 05:29

Heres mine:

I was about 14 years old, playing on a DIII travel team. We were taking turns taking corner kicks, with the rest of the players scrambling in the box trying to score from the kick. It was my turn and one of my teammates said, "Dude everyone scoot closer. Hes gonna kick it low. He can't kick this far."

I don't know how, but something clicked in my head. I used perfect technique and nailed the ball for a perfect corner kick.

The guy who said I couldn't kick that far just stood there with his mouth open.

From that point on, I've been able to cross the ball no problem :D

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Memorable Soccer Moment

Post by pickyourheadup » 07 Apr 2009, 06:31

Anyone else have one?

ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 » 07 Apr 2009, 07:20

i had this magical moment when i was playing goal-keeper 2 years ago my captain who was sweeper miskicked a long ball sent by the oposition and the ball landed to the attacker who was maybe 10 yards away from the goal he took a shot in which i reacted in time i tiped it onto the crossbar and out for a corner . Ill never forget that moment we were leading 1-0 at that time i believe .

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 07 Apr 2009, 12:48

My most memorable soccer moment is a penalty I took on the last game of the season. We only had eight players and we were losing 4-0. Going into the game, we had scored 99 goals for the season, and I needed to slot home that penalty in order to take our tally to 100. Anyway I scored the pen, and we started screaming and jumping up and down and the oppostion was like "wtf, you're still losing". Anyway we scored 2 more goals, then I got the equaliser to level it at 4-4, so yeah pretty memorable.
Sig by me

Mark23
New User

Post by Mark23 » 11 Apr 2009, 21:03

I scored an okay freekick in the beginning of the game when we were down 2-0, but then to tie it up I hit it at half way with like 4 seconds to go (no extra time) it went in the right upper 90 haha. So I had it tied 2-2 at halftime with a shot from my own half 8). We ended up losing but it was pretty sweet though, haha.

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 11 Apr 2009, 22:49

in u-12, my team went to this tournament in a town a couple hours away. i scored a hat trick in our first game,
in the semi final, we were losing 2-0 at half time to this team that were way bigger than we were, we ended up winning it by scoring 3 goals in the last 8 minutes. i scored a penalty.

sir_alex_vu

Post by sir_alex_vu » 30 Aug 2009, 17:14

I was running down the pitch towards the goal. As soon as I get to the edge of the box, I slip on the wet grass but miraculously my foot goes under the ball and scoops the ball over the keeper. I didn't think I scored because it was from long range. I got up and was just saw the goal in the back of the net, I was like "What happened? Who scored?".