Confidence

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Collins91

Hey guys, glad to be back to the forums after a long time out

Hope I got the right area for this.

Anyways, I play for a couple of teams now. I'm having some real problems at my Sunday team. In training, I am as good as any other striker we have. But I am now benched every game. When I was playing, I had no confidence on the ball, or even in calling for it. As I said, in training I am a good player. Soon as a whistle goes for a match, everything just seems to go, and I don't want to be on the pitch

Any ideas on how to boost my confidence?

Thanks

tjsokkerplayer

if you havent been here in a while, then you probably arent familiar with the newly made mentality section, where this should be posted......

anyways, i would be concerned if you never feel like playing during the game.....you have to find motivation for being on the field, whether it comes from the pretty girl on the sideline, bragging rights, to make that cocky jerk on the other team mad, or just to win, but you HAVE to find it....practice and a game are 2 opposite things, games are much faster, more aggressive, and more heart. You cant play thinking about every little move and pass, but you have to play with your heart....dont know how much this helped, because it is easier said then done, but if i were you I would check out the mentality section, there are a million topics like this

Collins91

Thanks mate, wasn't aware of that section
Will check it out now :)

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Man the most important thing you have to get over is fear
and in paticular fear of consequence

With time you will gain experience and begin to relax, but you must remember not to be scared of what might happen... Which causes if's and but's and hesitation, then anxiety and eventually a big cock up

Just try breathing exercises
Relax and only think about what you want to do and how you will execute it... no variables, just straight in the moment and nothing can get you out of it

Nat_H
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote:Man the most important thing you have to get over is fear
and in paticular fear of consequence

With time you will gain experience and begin to relax, but you must remember not to be scared of what might happen... Which causes if's and but's and hesitation, then anxiety and eventually a big cock up
Good advice here from NBP.

First: Be sure of yourself. Know that you can contribute. Know that you can score a goal. Know that you can play a good pass. Don't think that you cannot help the team, an open player is always a good asset.

Once you establish this, don't sweat the results. If you make a mistake, overcome it and try again. Learn from your mistakes and move past them.