Decisions

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
MessiL

Okay so I have a choice to go to a 5A school (East High School - they've won 5A soccer for ages. or a 3A school(George Washington. They are boo boo. My big brother thinks I should go to 3A so that I'd stand up more and become the star player. While I think I should go to East and try to be the star player because they always make it to state, and then I may become scouted.

What do you think

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Yeah go for the 5a. Breaking into a good team by setting goals and working hard is alot better than going to a bad team and sleepwalking your way to star status.
Sig by me

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Going to a 3A school would not be good, if those players can't play at your level than there would be no point, as good as you might be one player can't change a team...So basically you would be a player with star potential being held back by your team mates.

MessiL

Thanks maybe NOW my big bro will understand. Thanks again

soccer11
Admin

it's your life, who cares what your big brother has to say about it anyways?

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

isn't 3A a better division than 5A?????
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:isn't 3A a better division than 5A?????
not always. Just because the number is smaller doesn't mean its a better division.

I'd say go to the 5a team. Like others have said, it's better to go to a team where your teammates actually know how to play.

For instance. If you go to the 3a school, you may be better than everyone and get a lot of recognition, but people may wonder (as in college coaches,etc) if you could hack it in a higher level. Plus if you go to a 3a school it could be frusterating, as you will probably have to do all of the work yourself because your teammates may not be up to your level of play.

The 5a is better as you will be playing with kids at your level. You always want to play at the highest level possible.

mint
EF Drug Baron

yeah i agree with afc that you want to play at the highest level available to you, thats the best way to improve by playing at a level which is challenging but not too hard but the harder it is the more work you have to do which will only make you improve quicker imo.
i was made to ignite

NewBornProdigy
Admin

People judge you on the strenght of your enemies... go to the better team, the harder the challenge the bigger the reward :D

IggTron7
New User

Definitely go 5A as by going to the better team you may not be the best player at first, but the pressure put on you to preform every training and the hard work that goes into every minute of playing time will make you a better player in the end.
"Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple" -Johan Cruijff