365sports training

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Nat_H
Veteran Member

Has anyone hear of this program? http://365sports.org/

I recently received a letter addressed to myself inviting me to participate in their training program in the summer of 2009 followed by an opportunity to represent the US in the Gothia Cup in Sweden.

So...I'll do some more research myself and talk to my parents about it, but just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this. Also, is it common for programs like this to send letters to people of interest? God knows how they got my name and address...it must've been through a soccer camp I went to over the summer.

Any thoughts?

xilog

Well you have to represent a club team, it isn't a national team cup. But if you can play in the Gothia Cup it's realy worth it, I've played in the cup and it's a great experience!
Last sign:

sign/ava by me

Norm

I got one yesterday, don't know if I'll do it or not, but it looks real cool.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

It sounds cool. But I looked at their website and it says "accepting applications for 2009". I guess they sent it to you because they want you to apply but I don't know how they would get your address. I'd give it a shot, it looks legit (you don't have to pay anything).

From the faq

How was my child selected for this opportunity?
Your child may have been recognized and received an invitation in one of several ways. 365 Sports maintains a Research Division which follows the achievements of athletes throughout the country. Additional details are available at your Selection Meeting.

When is the application and deposit due?
Your contract will detail the date applicable for your application and deposit. The enrollment is limited, therefore, each applicant should return the application to initiate the selection process.

If I am not accepted to the team, is my deposit refunded?
Yes, all monies are refunded in full to any athlete not selected to the program.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

OK thanks for the help guys...I emailed requesting more info and I'll keep you guys updated if this works out

smartie
New User

Hi guys,
I got the letter too! They had just the address not my name. Not sure about this. Have you looked them up on the net? I did and still not sure! And how can you learn more in 2 and a half days than in 10 years of playing soccer (- quoting from the Texas parent comment on the leaflet)?. I also found their 'research division job' ad on craigslist. ??? :?

Xilog
When did you play? How did you get to take part? Give us more details pls.

Arsenalfc08
Did you participate? Is that why you are saying it's cool? Or ...?
Thx.

dream_on_go_pro

this is a dead topic i know so im gonna revive it but are you guys gonna do it because i dont know if i can afford it or what plus im only fourteen... so if anybody is gonna go or has already had their meeting bcuz ours hasnt occured yet it next sunday if you get any pricing you should tell me because i want to do it... also is this like a try out where we will have one team or several teams such as an A B and C team just wondering

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

i got the ltter too. im 17 and im prtty sure im gonna do it. it was adressed to me if that means anything
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

tmw9311
New User

I got the letter too. im 15. Is it really worth it? i think im going to do it but will help really help me advance that much?

-thanks.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I heard the cost of this is over $3,000. I don't know if everyone who goes to the training gets the chance to go to Sweden for the Gothia cup.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:I heard the cost of this is over $3,000. I don't know if everyone who goes to the training gets the chance to go to Sweden for the Gothia cup.
Yeah I never pursued it 'cause my dad figured there was some gimmick

Kasaki
Veteran Member

I got it to, and I dont plan on pursuing it it looks like they are trying
to make a fully functional team in one week to compete in a tournament? not gonna happen least not that fast

panchester07
Veteran Member

man that gothia world cup thing sounds and looks pretty good, i wonder what the level is?

too bad i already am going to college camps, damn it!

Cruz Azul from mexico U16 team played in it, and didnt even make the finals.. that says a lot

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:I heard the cost of this is over $3,000. I don't know if everyone who goes to the training gets the chance to go to Sweden for the Gothia cup.
Yeah i got some thing similar but it was for the Youth Friendship Games in Austria and it was $6000, but i decided not to do it because that is way too much money. At three thousand and one of the most prestigious youth tournaments in the world i would probably do it.