semi-pro
15%

Total votes: 26

NEVERGIVINGUP

just wanan see if anyone made it

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:just wanan see if anyone made it
I think we would all know if someone is pro by now.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Shifty_FSU is pro I guess. She plays for Liverpool Ladies, but I think that it's not the senior squad.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Kakasgotskillz wrote:Shifty_FSU is pro I guess. She plays for Liverpool Ladies, but I think that it's not the senior squad.
Yeah Shifty plays for liverpool ladies u16 squad. I'd say she's one of the most successful people on here. Then theres Scotty who plays for Rangers u19 or u18 whichever one they have.

panchester07
Veteran Member

i play for the reserves in a club team of my country..... :D ...... (panama).. which recently knocked out chivas usa out of the concacaf champions league... but im alright

panchester07
Veteran Member

DAMN ... rangers? liverpool???? :shock: :shock: :shock: thats just tooooooooooo damn good...... my respect to scotty and shifty.!

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Playing for a professional youth team doesnt make you a professional, once you play for senior professional team, then you have made it. Most kids at these academies fail to make it when they grow up. On top of that, many people who play at an amateur or semi professional level as a teenager often make it.

Take Michael Kightly, released by Tottenham as a youngster, then went to play semi-professionally at Grays Athletic, was absolutely brilliant, then went to Wolves, jumping up 3 levels and if im being honest he is probably the best player in 2nd tier of English football. That is probably the reason Man U were keen to buy him!
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

panchester07
Veteran Member

clearly it isnt being pro but its a great achievment that requieres lots of skills.. and that part of MOST players dont make it pro im not sure, but i know for sure many do.. and if they dont make it pro on the same team they played for when theyre young, they make it into a weaker team sometimes. ex real madrid, their cantera or youth squad. always gives players too other teams like getafe , malaga, zaragoza etc....

anyways im a little off topic but the point is that being in a youth squad is a brilliant achievment that gives you many opportunities to go pro,

Rocky
Veteran Member

just wanan see if anyone made it
17 years old, semi-pro in Norway...
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.

Omaisgrande
New User

15 years old, play for Benidorm CD. Spanish Second division squad. Im on the U-16,.
I had a tryout with Valencia CF some weeks ago, need to send football curriculum and personal curriculum for a further phone call by them.
However, I want to stay in Benidorm one more year, as I think I'm not 100% prepared.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

I don't mean this to offend Shifty or any other girls in England/Europe, but I think that US soccer for youth girls is way better than anywhere else in the world and as far as national teams go, England doesn't have a particularly strong WNT.

Again, not meant to offend, just pointing out facts and some personal observations from traveling abroad.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Congratulations on that Omais, I hope you make it at Valencia, but if you don't you can still play professional in the Segunda.

PS: Oh, and have fun.

PPS: I want a shirt. :)

mrbeankid22

Honestly North Dallas has got the realest teams in the nation baby =). A bunch of hugely successful and National's winning clubs :P...

Anyways good luck to everyone who is one one of those semi-pro or professional youth squad teams!

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

mrbeankid22 wrote:Honestly North Dallas has got the realest teams in the nation baby =). A bunch of hugely successful and National's winning clubs :P...

Anyways good luck to everyone who is one one of those semi-pro or professional youth squad teams!
As in the Texans? Great soccer club, they've produced lots of pros. Clint Dempsey, Jared Jeffrey (18yr old pro with Club Brugge in Belgium, don't know him because hes in Belgium, hes making 100k), and many others.

mrbeankid22

Oh and yeah who can forget Lee Nguyen :lol: I actually used to play for Texans a few years back aswell.

Top 2 ranked boys clubs in the nation overall: Dal. Texans and Solar (dal).

Some really good Girls clubs: Dal. Sting, Dal. Texans, and Defeeters...

And a couple others which had one or some of their teams win nationals such as Andromeda and stuff. Just wondering what club do you play on afc08? As well as S4L? I know ajc played for FC Delco.