Soccer Trials Man...

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Dube2010
Sophomore Member

Just requested soccer trails like 10 min ago...i emailed tha coach n stuff and so when i get to trails what am i supposed to do...im a street player plain and simple...

when i play organized games i get nervous and think i do badly even when others think i do great..i mean it seems that i think to fast for my play. like ill dribble to guys and make a pass expecting a guy to make a cut w/o even looking...one of those...if it happened it woulda been great...im just confused on how to stay calm and how to produce what the coach is looking for...

any suggestions?
Being the best...
How Hard Can It Be?

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Just requested soccer trails like 10 min ago...i emailed tha coach n stuff and so when i get to trails what am i supposed to do...im a street player plain and simple...
Hey you're not alone. I'm a street player as well and I also emailed a coach to request tryouts. Actually I did play for a club sometime ago, but they were all 20-30yr olds and for me, it was a waste of time really.

I guess we just have to stay calm, pretend we're playing in a street game, but also get your other teammates involved. Apart from that, I'm going to ask the type of player my coach likes so I will know what he expects and I'll try to impress him. I hope this might even make me play better. At the same time, I think it would be good to visual the pitch as a street football. Street style plain simple cause if that's what we're best at, then we should treat 11aside football the same way!

By the time you're getting used to playing on grass, I guess it's all about thinking that you're a grass player, not a street one anymore.

D347H574R

ppl who have practised on the street should have the skills to play on the grass but you gotta concentrte on wat ur doing and have ur mind set to it. don't go thinking about ur girlfriend or sh*t like that, you gotta concentrate, it the only way to succeed
“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.”
“If a player isn't interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be!”
Bill Shankly

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

I always try playing according to my tempo even in tryouts. Not always successful, though, because I'm not talented, just hardworking. But the coach who picked me up told me that he liked how I observed the tactical movement.

Dube2010
Sophomore Member

ya but my problem is ive actually never been at a trial...like if i make it will da coach tell me right there or what?...and when i say im a street player that means i practice on the street i play on the grass 2 guys...
Being the best...
How Hard Can It Be?

Mike

I don't think you have much to worry about.
Whatever you do, you need to give it your all.
You need to show the coach how bad you really want it.
Wheter it's sprints or srimmages put in 100 percent!
Now as for bein a 'street player' the way i look at it, it doesnt matter where you play, a fottballer is a footballer. Sure, the game is a little bit different.
Different ground, more players, but you're still playing the same game! Remember that.
Now, one thing you do gotta take ino consideration is that this is a club, therefore the football will be more organized.
So what I would recomend would seeing which position you would like to play (see what your strengths are and then base your position on your skills). The coach will most likely ask for what position you would like to play so be ready to answer. Once you have your position made up, just mentally think about how you are going to do well in that position. Example: If your a midfield your main goal will be to bring the ball up and pass it off. If your striker you open up dribble, but most importantly get goals!!

I don't know exactly how the team is, but most likely there will be drills the coach will have the team do (such as dribbling through cones). This will also help you in showing him how good you are.

At a tryout depending on the coach and depending on the team he may tell you your on or off the team right there or in a couple of days. Lots of times coaches want to see you try out many times to see your consistency.

Hopes this helps and good luck,
Mike

Dube2010
Sophomore Member

thanks man...but when u get to da position part ive been fiddling...when i was younger i wanted to be forward and did...but when da coach made me play midfield i would b a foward in the middle of the field so 2 speak...i dont like 2 recouparate the ball which is the job of a midfielder...im sorta like ronaldhino i play like a forward in midfield....i need to no whether to b a foward and sacrifice gettin da ball...or b a midfield get the ball and tire out to easily...

i mean my dribbling is outstanding so i could take more pple on in the midfield u no?

but my fitness limits me to going back 2 defense....

the problem w/ foward for me is that i like to pass more than i like to score....though i can finish...and im fast and fit for that position...any suggestions...?
?
Being the best...
How Hard Can It Be?

Mike

Hmmm,
You need to figure out what's the right distance to go back and help and the right distance to attack. If you play like ronladinho, then it's simple: watch ronaldinho playing. See how far he comes back how far he attacks how he moves in the game, etc.
I also suggest you bring your fitness level up because well organized clubs do a lot of running. Go for some jogs and combine some acceleration peaks every day (Ideal distance is 3 miles per day at 18 minutes, but this is ideal!)

As for your dribbling, sometimes its good to show off ur skill, but u must control it. If you have the chance to take a man on don't be hesitant to, just make sure you play a team game. What this means is: deak around the player if you need to get into open space, bit if u have an open teammate, feed him the ball and make your run for a give and go. Make sense?

Judging from the postion you like to play which btw is called attacking midfield you need to pass more than shoot, but must get a few shots on net when u get the chance. It's a tough postion to paly because you must do ,many things. Just focus on getting through balls and some shots as well.

Midfield is most commonly known for bringing the ball up and passing it off. So try to set up your team mates with precise pass. Show vision in your passes. :D