Coruna Tryout

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
mufc21
Veteran Member

My friend moved to Spain and im going to visit him fairly soon for a couple months and maybe live with him if tryouts go well. He lives in Coruna right now. We play almost identical games with really similar skills and he has a tryout for Coruna academy. What do you think i can prepare for when i go to Spain. What to practice. How long to practice and physical conditioning. Thanks a lot guys. Peace

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

mufc21 wrote:My friend moved to Spain and im going to visit him fairly soon for a couple months and maybe live with him if tryouts go well. He lives in Coruna right now. We play almost identical games with really similar skills and he has a tryout for Coruna academy. What do you think i can prepare for when i go to Spain. What to practice. How long to practice and physical conditioning. Thanks a lot guys. Peace
First off have fun in Spain, nice weather,beaches etc, and good luck to your friend.

Are you guaranteed a tryout? I'd make sure to find this out because if you aren't then it may seem like a waste unless you can find some other club to tryout for.

I'd just practice with your friend or play street soccer, juggle, really just do whatever you normally do. Don't freak out, stay calm, don't eat any outrageous foods a few days/the night before.

If you can (I don't know maybe find an agent while you are there) to get you tryouts with other clubs. How did he get his trial? Ask him how it happened and do whatever he did. I would suggest lower league teams, maybe even a divison 2 or 3, try all avenues, even lower divsion teams have youth set ups. Don't just settle for higher division teams, really try everything you can to make the trip worth it. The more clubs you can tryout for the better chance you have of making one of them. But be smart about it, if you can get multiple trials be sure to have some days off inbetween them to give your muscles a rest.

mak9

mufc21 wrote:My friend moved to Spain and im going to visit him fairly soon for a couple months and maybe live with him if tryouts go well. He lives in Coruna right now. We play almost identical games with really similar skills and he has a tryout for Coruna academy. What do you think i can prepare for when i go to Spain. What to practice. How long to practice and physical conditioning. Thanks a lot guys. Peace
???

are you talking about deportivo or anonther club in Coruna

in any case, football in spain is technical to the teeth. YOU must master everything when it comes to ball control. From chesting a ball to your feet on a full pace run to being able to trap a high ball with the non-dominant foot. When passing try to keep the ball on the ground...no long ball cause its not part of their game. good luck

Rocky
Veteran Member

All I can say is... if you're going to tryout then the first impression is the most important one.. its either the first training session or bye bye, so make sure to play good from the start or else you will get told to go back home without a 2nd chance.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.

First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do.

What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve.