upcoming season

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
canadianfootballer

ok so my new team looks pretty good we got 3 players that played a higher level last year a crazy goal keeper who lets in few goals , a provincial champions coach as a trainer and me a good playmaker. Do u think we can win the title we also got this really fast sprinter i mean really fast we play silver in canada 3rd highest community level cuz im thinking even if we get in the top 3 we can go into gold and who knows pick up a few more good players and maybe get into metro by u17 or u18

edit: and we train 2 times a week in the preseason and a few friendlies in the preseason and in the season we train 3 times a week i just went to our first practice yesterday and the team gets along pretty well
Last edited by canadianfootballer on 30 Jul 2008, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

maybe. it sounds like u have a lot of talent but its about how well u play together. You could play like Barcelona: A team with a big budget and a bunch of talent and good coaches. But doesn't play like a team because they are all ball hogs.

Or u can play like arsenal

A team tht plays very well together.

powell
English Meister

Why are you asking us. I mean we know nothing about the skill level you play at in your league. How big ur squad is. How good everyone in your sqaud is.

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

eah LOL why are u asking us?? Well say, " ur gonna win gold", but then u won't, and Ulm come back and blame us??
:wink:
seriously, train with ur team as hard as u can and give 100%... Its the best u can do.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

I have no clue how you will do. Maybe you could post some info on your teammates (like odp history or stuff like that) and the league that you'll be in. I mean, most teams would say they have a good keeper, fast forward, and a strong coach, so these abstract descriptions don't really do anything for me really.
God damn brewery!!!

canadianfootballer

yeah ill try to explain the system here in canada i was hoping some canadians could respond to this and plus i just want to know the odds of winning not wanting you guys to say youre gonna win for sure or something. Anyways i've been reading a little bit on the us system and in canada were in silver which i think is about 3 steps down from an u.s academy team level ( im talking about levels of play of course) so in canada we have :

from top to bottom in community leuges that play in an area in the province usually the top level teams (whitecaps) top players can turn pro actually when their 18+ but at that level u have to stand out from the rest,
if u get in metro and then try to get on a college or university team once ur done highschool youre almost guaranteed a spot:

1.white caps teams ( similar like how academy teams are)
2. metro ( this would be kind of reserves for academy teams they travel to the states occasionally too )
3. gold ( play in the local area lower mainland not as much skill as metro or whitecaps but still competitive can go into metro if good )
4. silver ( same as gold just less skill and such where we are at).
5. bronze (even less skill less fit players usually little pre-season)
6. red/ house ( this is usually where people just play more for fun and people who play hockey and stuff just condition themselves here)

a greater discription on my team ( now that u guys got an idea on the skill levels here):

-2 players played in gold last year
-the team has improved a lot since 2 years ago they used to be a last place bronze team and last year they finished 2nd last in silver
- they made a few changes this year got rid of 5 players i think
- we got a really good goalie and im not bullshitting after seing him play in my summer team ( some games we only lost 3-0 when we should have lost 7 or 8 nil the other team usually had about 75% possession.i was surprised no other team picked him up such as a gold team but im not telling him that :D

- we've got a former metro and provincial champions coach who's team placed 4th in the nationals hes going to be our trainer.
- we have got me a good playmaker and i have improved a lot too ( used to be bronze benchwarmer and last year silver top 3 players).

even though this team finished second last last year they didnt have a metro coach 2 gold players and a solid keeper ( last year there goalie sucked) and of course they didnt have a good play maker like me

i know u guys cant say well ur gonna win or ur gonna lose but can u just tell the odds
Last edited by canadianfootballer on 08 Aug 2008, 19:24, edited 3 times in total.

ganaa261092
Veteran Member

any videos?

canadianfootballer

ganaa261092 wrote:any videos?
\

nope but we have a practice on monday which is our first football one before we were only running at our local track for conditioning and ill see hoow our team plays

canadianfootballer

we have a friendly on the 23rd i might put a video on youtube of our team playing