how to beat teams single handely

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
canadianfootballer

well this might seem a stupid question but my summer teams doing really bad and when i try setting up a play they got poor ball control and end up getting tackled , my question is this how can i single handely beat my oppenents, like what drills can i do and stuff because i can be a quote "team player" but that's not going to do sh*t as long as we play this bad , so what drills can i use that will help me be better 1 on 1 and increase my sprinting its pretty good but needs to be better to take on more than 1 guy.

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

canadianfootballer wrote:well this might seem a stupid question but my summer teams doing really bad and when i try setting up a play they got poor ball control and end up getting tackled , my question is this how can i single handely beat my oppenents, like what drills can i do and stuff because i can be a quote "team player" but that's not going to do sh*t as long as we play this bad , so what drills can i use that will help me be better 1 on 1 and increase my sprinting its pretty good but needs to be better to take on more than 1 guy.
I had that same problem last year and my team sucked real bad in one game we were down 10-0 in the first 5 minutes. It was 7v7 and i was supposed to play left back in a 3-3 but i moved up to center mid. What i did was took every set play (xcept goal kicks) found the best players on my team and did real quick give-and-go's so that i wasn't hogging but the sucky kids didn't get to many touches. But if you want to do this you need to be in amazing shape because ur running around the field non stop. Hope that helps :D :D :D

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

work on alot of cone drills. improve your touch. work on finishing. watch some youtube videos for moves and such. and improve your first 3 steps speed.
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

ganaa261092
Veteran Member

dude, what you need is nikeboot camp. just go to nikefootball.com and sign up and give it your best. it is said that it is gona improve a player by 30%

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

man no one can tell how much ur gonna improve, and no, definitely not Nike. That 30% is a goddamned gimmick. The only thing it depends on is how hard YOU train and how much commitment you have.
btw, Canadian footballer, what province are u from...

NewBornProdigy
Admin

playing a team on your own is not only dribbling by the entire team

you need:

great movement

SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great at striking the ball (passing shooting and free kicks)

great close control

yes the dribbling helps but having all the other vital basic techniques is important aswell

and a S_A_D said your will to work hard on the training pitch will get you what you want on the playing pitch

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

hanks NBP I was just trying to correct Ganaa.... Just coz Nike says u will improve 30% doesn't mean u will... True, if u put all ur heart and energy into training and have dedication unlike any other, then yes, u have a good chance of improvement.

canadianfootballer

NewBornProdigy wrote:playing a team on your own is not only dribbling by the entire team

you need:

great movement

SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great at striking the ball (passing shooting and free kicks)

great close control

yes the dribbling helps but having all the other vital basic techniques is important aswell

and a S_A_D said your will to work hard on the training pitch will get you what you want on the playing pitch

i got ok movement
above average speed
i am great at striking the ball and passing
and i got above average close control

so i think i need to work on faster movment simple running with the ball , a bit on speed and close control

thanks for the advise guys !

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

In order to beat teams single-handily, you really should be, in essence, the perfect player. Obviously this isn't possible, so you should aim to be as close to that as you can. This means you want to be fit, strong, and agile and have very good technical abilities. On top of that you need to have good movement, make good decisions, and make good runs. To master all of that, will take years. In the short term, you need to be very fit and fast. Be able to finish, and be able to dribble past multiple players. Passing will really not be as important. It's not that you should never pass or not practice it, but if the team really needs a star, you should make short simple passes, make a quick, short run, and call right back for the ball. If your teammates aren't good, the best thing you can do for them is to make sure you are always open. This takes the pressure off them, allows them to make an easy pass, and you get the ball back safely.

Work to get the ball back on defense and run the offense. A center midfield position is really the best way to win it for the team.

williampro

trust in ur abilites and urself, basically if u play winger like me u can just show ur moves and speed and stuff but yea..... :D