Tell us about your last match!

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
JMack7

im not sure if there is a forum for this but, i got a game on friday, in 2 days and i think its going to be a good one, the team really improved, but one kid i heard he wanted to go after me :shock: and he's a spaz too, and i also heard he's moving to california to play for chivas or something...u14 PSL league, and this is in Saskatchewan, Canada

.....ill be sure to let you all know how the game goes :mrgreen:

manutd10

hey jmack i wont let him touch you :D

JMack7

wow... :oops: i don't know how i can express my love to you right now :P

JMack7

yeah so our game today went pretty good, like 30 some degrees celsius...but it was 4-1, not too dirty or anything, but i skied my shots :oops:

Kakafan22

the last match i played ended up 2-0 my team and i scored 1 and assisted the other!! yeah for me.

dhs

alright my last "game" was really a scrimmage and it went awful, it started out well enough i mad good passes, toe poked the winger trying to dribble me, defended well on corners and then i blocked a shot from about a foot away that hit me in the solar plexsis and knocked me over and i felt like i was choking but i got up and i was ok. then their whole team was up and i had the ball like a foot from my own goal and i was shielding it and there was no one around our cb so i passed to him but i made the ball spin weirdly and their striker ran onto it and it felt almost like an own goal. then to redeem myself i played harder but my passing became sloppy that i slide tackled their winger who ran over and stepped on my ankle and i couldnt get up so they helped me off the fiel dna di went to the doctor who said i just need to stay off it however he now wont sign my physical sheet for the highschool season

soo much for that

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

my last game went great...our super-y team won 5-0 i scored off a beautiful goal kick. i bent it in. i set up two goals. and overall our team played great!

Ballack13
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:my last game went great...our super-y team won 5-0 i scored off a beautiful goal kick. i bent it in. i set up two goals. and overall our team played great!
What super Y team do you play for?

JMack7

that sucks dhs
congrats MUFC
i just had another game today and we won 6-0, i did junk though today, but i think as an overall team we did pretty good, nice goal manutd10 :P

xilog

My last game was against some academie from venezuela in gothia cup (worlds biggest youth football tournament). We won with 3-2 and I played right winger, I didn't do anything spectacular but I played pretty well. Everytime we scored they scored about two minutes after, until we got a penaltie with 4 minutes left of the game, we scored and we won.

oscarjackson

we played today, Forrest FC (us) V Colac Dragons
I play Right striker, and we played 4-3-3
the dragons are at the top of the table, us second, they hadnt lost a match all season till today.
we opened the scoring with a chip over the keepers head into the right top corner, then we scored again by a solo goal with some luck. Then they got a free kick down their end on the edge of the box, the keeper took it, completely mishit it and it came straight to me, I chested it down and volleyed it from about 7 metres from the pen box. the keeper was nowwhere near it and it went in =D
so by half time we were 3 up and very happy with ourselves.

because we were so far ahead we let in 2 goals, the second being a great volley from 2 or 3 metres outside the penalty box into the top corner. the last 10 minuets were very intense but eventually i played a through ball to our centre striker and he finished it well.

the end score was 4-2 to us.

i think that our team played the best it has ever played today, considering that our oldest player is 16, and 9 of theirs were aged 17. and we had some 13 year olds too.

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Last night was my first high school JV game of the year. I didn't start but i came on about fifteen minutes in and we were down 1-0 and about 20 seconds after i came in Clay (the left mid) sent a beautiful ball on the ground and i (playing right mid) one timed it into the goal for the first goal this season and my second in my high school career. I played really good the rest of the game and we won 2-1

Then this morning i had a game at ten for my club team and wwe didn't have our regular goalie but we still won 3-0. I played kind of bad because i was exhausted dfrom last night. Plus this team was horrible and we should have beaten them like 6-0 or 7-0.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I played horrible tonight!!! I had 2 great chances to score or at least shoot) but for some reason I wiffed it,twice! It was so embarrasing, I was so frusterated, God just wasn't on my side tonight LOL. I just didn't have the mental focus tonight.

I play midfield or sometimes upfront and obviously doing poorly isn't helping my confidence. I really want to score or at least trouble the keeper so I may get the ball played to me more. We are also hurting with injuries.

I play on a coed team (recreational but still lots of fun) and we have to have at least 3 girls on the field. Well I'm the only girl who isn't injured (our 2 others are but should be back soon). This is my first season playing on a team, so i'm not the best. We had to borrow 2 girls from the previous game to help us out.

Anyways, luckily my teammates can score, we ended up winning. I think the finaly score was 3-1. Our 2nd win of the season.

The refs were really strict tonight. They weren't taking any sh*t (they shouldn't anyway). I watched the game before mine and 2 players (on the same team) were sent off and another player on the other team got a yellow. They weren't taking any talking back from anyone. In our game one of our guys tried to talk back to the ref and we all kept telling him to shut up, we couldn't afford a yellow card or worse.

It was nice to get a win. I just hope I can do better. I don't get the ball a lot. I usually just end up runnning around the most. Like when someone has the ball and is running downfield, i'm sprinting to try and keep up but I never get the ball passed to me (I did tonight but it ended horribly, misses, terrible). I did have one shot put the keeper didn't have any real trouble.

I know it's just coed rec but I still want to do good. Thanks for reading lol, sorry it was long.

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

well I dunno to me it just sounds like u were nervous/having a bad day...Well, that's what I play like when I'm having a bad day. I just try and focus harder but once u have a bad start, its kinda hard to convince ur teammates that u can receive a pass without screwing it up.
just try and forget about it and try harder next game?
btw do u also play for a club/university team??

Nat_H
Veteran Member

I don't normally post here, but I will now:

Last game: My team won 4-1 (highschool). I had a goal and assist. The refs were calling a very tight game and a lot of fouls. Since the other team depended on their physicality, they were frustrated immensely toward the end of the game.

I wasn't very happy with the way I played...I had good opportunities but didn't finish on many of them. I probably could have had 2-3 more easy goals and a few more assists. Of course I can't complain, my team won. Next game I'll focus on correcting the mistakes I made.

Points to focus on:
--First touch (seemed that the ball was bouncing off of my foot)
--Reaction time (I need to apply my size and speed advantage)
--Physicality (I'm one of the bigger guys on the field and I need to utilize that)

Things I was happy with:
--I was doing well tactically...I felt that I was in the right places in the right times and had good ball work with my teammates.
--I had a goal and an assist, so it wasn't like I didn't have an impact on the game.