Tell us about your last match!

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
scottS4
Veteran Member

We played our 3rd game of the outdoor season a few days ago. We had won our first games 5-0 and 2-0 so we were hoping to keep up our no goals against record against a team we are better than, but who constantly give us trouble when we play them.

We were playing on the cities new turf field, so our passing game was going pretty good. However, they were also passing the ball around and going at us so it was a pretty good game. 20 minutes in I missed a clearance and they scored. (Up until then I'd been playing good at right mid so I didn't get down on myself which was important.) We continued to play our passing game, but our final ball let us down so by halftime we'd only had 2 or 3 chances.

Again, we came out strong in the second half, but they quickly got a second goal 10 minutes in. (I can't really remember how they scored.) This was when the game picked up and got exciting. Both teams played with more intensity.
25 minutes into the second they got a freekick from far out, and they crossed it into our box. 2 or 3 of their players were offside so we were pissed when they scored and it counted. Now we were 3-0 down.
With 20 minutes to go the adrenaline kicked in and we finally started to attack with intention. I had a volley blocked that was going in, then we scored with 12 minutes to go, and they started to time waste. with 5 minutes to go we scored again and it got really frantic. Sadly, we ran out of time and lost 3-2... If we had 3 more minutes, (extra time due to their time wasting) I'm sure we would have equalized.

On a personal note, I played the whole game at right mid, and did fairly well. The only bad things I felt were that I didn't cross enough and I messed up that clearance in the first half. Also, I had a few passing errors, but I think 80% of my passes went to a team mate.