Tell us about your last match!

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
Asad10
New User

Really good game today, we won 6-5. We were down 3-1, I then scored a rebound to make it 3-2. Then it became 3-3 when one of our players scored a nice goal. Eventually it went to 4-4, then they went up 5-4. We scored a goal which I assisted with a through ball. In the last 5 minutes I scored to win the match! The whole team played well to come back and win. A lot of communication and it ended up being a very exciting game. We now have 2 wins out of 2 games.

nick117
Veteran Member

pretty decent game we started off scoring 1 goal like 15 minutes in although we played the ugliest long ball game we so got a goal playing terribly. second half the game opened up and our players started breaking them with through balls and quick passing w/some dribbling ended up being 5-1 with a penalty being their only goal.

sir_alex_vu

We sucked!

We lost 1-3.

They pretty much were playing with themselves and just working the ball around us. Every time we had the ball, we lost it within five seconds. We couldn't even create a string of passes. I was confined to playing a more defensive role throughout the game because the ball was always in our half.

Seriously, though, I hate playing the offside trap. The goals they scored came when we they timed their runs and beat us, and we were the ones who were trapped.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Offside trapping can't be halfway. You either learn to play it to perfection, or you get burned a lot. Not for the faint of heart.

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

I have two games to talk about. First ill go with club which was last sunday. We were playing a team that was 2-0 and consisted of high varsity soccer players from some place down in montgomery county. We have 6 varsity and 1 jv kid on our team but for that game we only had 3 varsity and 9 total. THey must have had like 15 or 16 kids. At halftime we are down 3-0 and noone besides me is showing any heart hustle or hope. So at halftime our coach changes our formation from a 4-3-1 to a 2-3-3 in hopes that we can get one or two back. Coming out of halftime we all have heart and hustle and we are dominating the game. Then we score one on a free kick with about 20 mins left. Then we pull another one back with 5 mins left. So now its 3-2 with about two minutes left. everyone is beat up and tired and we start pushing everyone forward in a desperate attempt to secure the tie. Finally, with less then a minute left we earn a free kick 35 yards out, and everyone comes up even our goalie. The kick wasn't a very good one, straight to the keeper. But i came flying in in a desperate attempt to do something and the goalie bobles the ball and drops it but it was just far enough away to where i couldn't touch it. But thank God that our keeper was right there for the easy finish and we tied the game! It was his first goal in 6 years. (sometimes he plays forward in indoor) and right after the other team kicks off the ref blows the whistle. I was extremely fired up.

I don't have much to say about my varsity game on thursday except that we finally ended a 313 minute scoreless streak in a 2-1 loss.

scottS4
Veteran Member

i also have 2 games to talk about:

the first game was a slaughter. they were a year younger than us and in the 2nd division. it was something like 15-0, idk.
i had a very good game, good first touch and passing, i scored 2 ok goals and assisted 2 or 3. everyone played good and we were all satisfied.

the second game was very weird. It wasnt a dirty game but there were still like 100 freekicks and like 12 cards. Our opposition played like they'd never played a real game before. its like their coaches went to a random junior high and picked kids that were playing at lunch. we won 5-2 but we should have won by much more. i didnt really do much but when i got the ball i tried to keep possesion because nobody else was.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

5-4 win for us in a thriller. It felt so much like a hockey game, haha. The surface was piss wet and muddy, so there was much less controlling going on than there was dumping and chasing. I had the first goal off a blistering run down the side and tapped it in with my wrong (my right ;) ), but they snapped two back to go up 2-1.

We tied it, then they went ahead. We tied, then they went ahead. When it was 4-4, our keeper broke his finger parrying a shot, and were already short a keeper who was ill... So I had to take the gloves. :P

We were doing okay, popped one in to go ahead, and I wasn't troubled too much, but somebody spilled it around half, and no one else was back. It was such a relief to hear the whistle go pretty much right after! :P

scottS4
Veteran Member

had another game today in our preseason tournament.
we'd already won our first 2 games, so we were already guaranteed a spot in the final but we still tried our hardest.
we won 7-1 so it was a good team performance, but personally i think i could have done better. my first touch was sometimes off and i wasnt helping out as much as i should have. i scored our 5th goal near the end however, on a near post flick in off a corner.
tomorrow is the final, so i'll post whether we win or not.

Lonestar93
New User

Does anyone here play in the National Academy League?

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Not directly, I played for an academy team in the Super-y season..... we are headed for nationals!
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

scottS4
Veteran Member

so we won yesterday in the final. :)
the team was clicking really well and we won 8-0. i scored the first goal, a simple pass in to the corner after a lay off.
i had an ok game but didnt get the ball very often. i had a good chance with a scissor kick/half bicycle later on but it hit my own player.
since our captain wasnt there and i was the vice captain, i got to lift the trophy.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

scottS4 wrote:so we won yesterday in the final. :)
the team was clicking really well and we won 8-0. i scored the first goal, a simple pass in to the corner after a lay off.
i had an ok game but didnt get the ball very often. i had a good chance with a scissor kick/half bicycle later on but it hit my own player.
since our captain wasnt there and i was the vice captain, i got to lift the trophy.
What position do you play?
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

scottS4
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:
scottS4 wrote:so we won yesterday in the final. :)
What position do you play?
its indoor 5 on 5, and i played one of the 2 forwards in a 2-1-2. in outdoor i play attacking mid, forward or winger.

panchester07
Veteran Member

last game that wasnt a scrimmage or practice was last friday on a recrational league.

scored 3 goals, though at first i was intimadated cause the rivals seem to move the ball well i played bonito as in joga bonito and got over it... everybody was like wowww how do you play so well.. i was like, if i am good imagine what some players are like oversees and what not.....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

sir_alex_vu

Our last match ended in a 0-4 loss. But the scoreline did not reflect the actual team performance. Yes, we did not play as well as we would have liked, but we are improving as a team, slowly but surely.

It didn't help that they were all above six feet tall and we didn't have a player that reached 5' 10". So, I guess it's not really our fault that we let in 3 goals that were headers? The fourth goal was a goalkeeping blunder by our fourth string keeper.

Personal performance: I was pretty quiet, not doing much, but not hurting my team in any way.