Tell us about your last match!

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
scottS4
Veteran Member

fu**. i had another game today against a team that on paper we should beat.
we started out great, playing probably the best football we've played all season. it was like man utd vs a pub team. in the first half, we had around 80% possesion, a bunch of corners and attempts at goal and they got into our half maybe twice. i played well as a striker, mostly distributing it wide, laying it off for our midfields to shoot our going out wide and beating the fullback. at halftime we were up 2-0 however it should have been more.
we continued to play really well into the second half. i had 2 good chances, and then we scored a penalty to make it 3-0. then, with 15/20 minutes left, they scored a flukey goal on a 1 off oppurtunity and all hell broke loose. we started making mistakes and then they scored a penalty. then 2 minutes later they scored a direct free kick. 3-3
we tried to get the winner but they just put everyone back and hoofed the ball up whenever they got it. we ran out of time and tied
this game proved that skill alone doesnt win matches. you have to stay focussed and want it more.

DR17

I had a game today and it finished 0-0. We totally dominated the game and i really played well but we didn,t have any changes and i went from rb to cb then dcm and i had a good game i dribbled lots made good passes but had to errors in the game . One i almost recovered but the other one i didn't. So that's about it

scottS4
Veteran Member

had a game exacty like dr17 this morning. we tied 0-0 in the most crucial game of the season because it determined if we get to go to provincials.
we only had 10 players from our team, so we had to call up some players from our clubs lower team.
we played a formation that was designed to conserve energy, yet made it hard to score. and thats exactly what happened.
we dominated, literally dominated possesion and they only were in our end maybe 5% of the time. we just couldnt. fu**ing. score.
i only played about 50 minutes, because my back started hurting again halfway through the 2nd half and i wasnt having a very good game.
the thought that the team we played today will go to provincials instead of us is fu**ing sad, because skill wise they dont deserve to at all.

scottS4
Veteran Member

last night was our final game of the season. it was a cold, rainy game and we won 6-0. i scored one, and might have scored another but im not sure if my touch was large enough for it to be considered mine. (i kind of helped it into the net.
i played about 70 minutes as a striker and had many oppurtunities that i should have scored. a header, a half breakaway and some other shots.
i was getting frustrated with my performance. finally, about an hour in i scored a tap in from a cross. 10 minutes later i went off.
oh ya, my back felt okay for most of the game but it started to hurt around the end.

Kasaki
Veteran Member

The last game of our season coach choose me as captain, and we lost 2-1, I played a horrible first half, lost the ball offsides etc, well later the second half I didnt start but was put on the last 20 minutes where did exceptionally well, unfortunate that I didnt score because I tried to bend the ball with the outside of my foot and it bent to far and the keeper saved it ,
(right now am in off season still living of my last 20 minutes lol)

footy_oaf

i never play.. i get called up and sit on the grass all morning watching 2 mediocre teams playing.. i am technically good, dont get me wrong, but with the pressure and the complicated tactics i do very badly in 11-11..

yesterdays match we got beat 6-0 and we were all asleep lol... i still wish the coach let me ply , oso i can get experience on the pitch..

sir_alex_vu

Our last game was our first of the new season.

We had a dream start: scoring a header inside 5 minutes. I'd say about 15 minutes later, we had another beautiful goal: My teammate dribbled past two defenders, then flicked it over the last defender, and shot a volley past the keeper.

Then, the other team scored two goals in a span of 5 minutes. So now we were tied at 2-2.

But, we gained the lead again moments later, but they equalised not long afterwards.

So with six goals scored in the first half, only one goal was scored in the second half.

It belonged to us! My teammate turned the defender, pushed it and shot a rocket from about 25 yards out to win us the game.

Overall, good performance, but I'm a little worried because we got kind've lucky and I don't know how our defence is going to hold up throughout the season.

scottS4
Veteran Member

my last game was the first of 2 preseason friendly games my team is playing before indoor season, while theres still grass on the ground. it was against a strong team that often beats us. the arrival of 4 strong players, plus other players that are trying out for my team meant i was on the bench. it was windy and cold and the game wasnt that high of quality. i got on 30 minutes in as a right winger, and played forward in the second half for a bit. all in all i played about 40-50 minutes. i wasnt too happy with how i played, (not getting the ball, etc) but i did a couple good things. oh and we won 2-0.

axi123
New User

my last game was a leuge game. Im 14 and i play in norway . We won 11-2 and i was very pleased with the team performens and my own. I scored three goals, but one was offside ( wrong decicion by ref..). And i had 2 assist. My second goal must have been goal of the year in the leuge LOL it was form 20 m top corner. keeper had no chance :D

klc123
Veteran Member

Hatrick for me :)
Was a good game, final score 5-3 to the other team though.
One of my goals was a instep drive from 20 yards aswel, ill thank NBP for that one and his guide ;)

footy_oaf

6-5 to us :D it was just like the manchester darby. we were 4-5 down in extra time, scored one, and it went into additional time where we scored a great header, but i got took off by this time
oint (stamina issues, working on it)

i played most of the game, playing great in the first half.

tried 3 shots but they never got pullled off since i got floored :P. but for one of these was a run from the half way line (included a nice flick over the head of one defender :D ) got foulded in penalty area.. when it wasnt given i flicked it over a guys foot into the path of our only striker (he got 5 goals today) while i was on the floor, it was quite neat.

anyways thats the first round of the cup
Last edited by footy_oaf on 26 Sep 2009, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

klc123
Veteran Member

^^ Thats good. As for working on your shooting, its really good if your willing to try and pull off a shot during a game. What position do you play by the way? because i play upfront and i get at most maybe 5 shots a game, but i play at a high level of football where the defenses are very tight and the pace of attacks gets broken down quick. Its really good if you can manage to pull off more then 2+ shots a game because the reality is the more you shot the more you score.

Even shots that have no chance of beating the goalkeeper, have a chance of resulting in a goal because the goalkeeper could spill it to another player.

If you have a good goal poacher on your team that is fantastic at getting into positions to collect rebounds, then your whole teams objective should eb to get the ball to about 16-20 yards out and hammer it on target, some will go in, some will go wide, some will spill out and your striker will score, its a tried and proved method and players like ruud van niestlerooy make a living off it.

footy_oaf

i play CM but i kinda played more CAM today. i did try 3 shots but none of them got very far. i think i got pushed off the ball for 2 of them so it went all wonky (im working on strength, but still, one was a fowl) and one hit a guys legs. i dont play high level football, though so its harder for you, klc(well not very high tactically, there are plenty of skillful people there)

i am always very scared when i shoot, ive got to go over it about 3 times in my head before im confident enough. i really dont like situations where i have to shoot, so i just pass it, but if i push myself ill get a shot off.

ive worked on finishing for ages but i just cant imagine myself scoring in a match, which makes it very hard fot me to pull off a shot. lol im stuck like this so whenever i have a good chance i just pass it lol.. anyways, im trying to improve on this

im good at training, i always score atleast one but matches is a different thing. this problem got worse throughout the match and when i winally got subbed off i was thankful that i wouldnt make a fool of myself anymore.. this is my main problem, but i dont rreally have any way to improve, i can only guess what will meke me more confident.

sorry if this is too much ranting, and for getting offtopic :P

scottS4
Veteran Member

i had another game today, a friendly. the team we played was a year younger, but good so we couldnt take it easy. i didnt start but got on 25 minutes in as a center striker in a 4-3-3. i was doing ok when i got the ball and i got 2 assists before halftime.
in the second half, i stayed on as a striker and did well again. i even did a backheel give n go which nearly resulted in a goal. i was moved to center mid for the last 20 minutes, and played quite well. i even hit the crossbar on a left foot shot.

EDIT: we won 3-0

klc123
Veteran Member

Is your left foot your stronger foot?

If your left is your weak foot then thats brilliant that you have the confidence and ability to beat the keeper from distance with your weaker foot, you just got a little unlucky.

I was suppose to have a game today but i was out last night and got pretty wasted at a party to be honest...lool